Official Week 1 Offensive, Defensive, Special Teams and Scout Team Players of the Game

Maybe I’m in the minority but I thought Flagg played pretty well. He was always in the right spot and made the tackle. He’s not super explosive and doesn’t make wow plays but he knows what to do.
You in the Minority my friend. Flagg and Caleb Johnson too slow. They just can't get their on RB and QB runs outside the tackles.

Advertisement
I can understand why flagg got the player of the game, he had good reads and wasn’t out of place. I hope we put an athlete next to him, in a perfect world it’ll be chase but idk how far along he is. Steed is solid too but id like someone more dynamic to pair with flaggs iq. I would’ve added kam as a defensive player of the game list but I understand he had a penalty and a couple missed gambles so his grade probably lowered. Mesidor LT Jackson is a nice trio on the dline, i want to see who becomes that 4th guy, agude harvey chantz njalik roberts? Or maybe its a mixture of all of them

Please take ivey off the field. Idk if porter/dunson doesn’t know the playbook yet or whatever but man any team who knows what they’re doing is gonna attack him, not just directly with 1on1 stuff but they’ll run concepts at him and he’ll just be out of place.

Offense was efficient, oline an A in run blocking imo id say a B in pass blocking tho. Gattis isn’t the style of offense i prefer in Miami but for what he wants to do he’s great at it. Everything is ran with a purpose, the run game ties into the pass game, a concept u saw early in the game might turn into something else while looking the same. Gonna be fun seeing what he does week to week

Last edited:
Because he wasn’t lol. He made mistakes out there too. He missed a few tackles
so did Mesidor. He lost contain twice. Cam had a pic and two forced fumbles the ofensive player got right back and I did not see him miss many tackles. Ivey missed a lot smh and Flagg missed two as well. Everyone misses tackles so they don’t judge on that unless you just missed them left and right.

After rewatching the defense wasn’t as bad as I thought on first watch.

I can understand why flagg got the player of the game, he had good reads and wasn’t out of place. I hope we put an athlete next to him, in a perfect world it’ll be chase but idk how far along he is. Steed is solid too but id like someone more dynamic to pair with flaggs iq. I would’ve added kam as a defensive player of the game list but I understand he had a penalty and a couple missed gambles so his grade probably lowered. Mesidor LT Jackson is a nice trio on the dline, i want to see who becomes that 4th guy, agude harvey chantz njalik roberts? Or maybe its a mixture of all of them

Please take ivey off the field. Idk if porter/dunson doesn’t know the playbook yet or whatever but man any team who knows what they’re doing is gonna attack him, not just directly with 1on1 stuff but they’ll run concepts at him and he’ll just be out of place.

Offense was efficient, oline an A in run blocking imo id say a B in pass blocking tho. Gattis isn’t the style of offense i prefer in Miami but for what he wants to do he’s great at it. Everything is ran with a purpose, the run game ties into the pass game, a concept u saw early in the game might turn into something else while looking the same. Gonna be fun seeing what he does week to week
Robert’s had a good game

Advertisement
Maybe I’m in the minority but I thought Flagg played pretty well. He was always in the right spot and made the tackle. He’s not super explosive and doesn’t make wow plays but he knows what to do.
He was unwatchable. Not only did I watch the game live. I went back & watched every defensive snap. Then went back & watched every defense snap he was involved in. I’ve never seen anyone more lost in space or in misdirection in my entire life of watching football. He cannot remain on the field any longer at Miami.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
It's funny that two consecutive coaching staffs have apparently valued Corey Flagg very much, but the board acts like he's the worst guy on the roster.
I mean the coaches see it all, we don’t. If Corey sucks… compared to who? You only have the guys you have. Maybe the guy behind him has some better quickness or other traits, but it’s clear the coaches don’t trust them as much yet to know where to be and what to do.

Advertisement
Back