Visits Virginia Gameday 2023 Visitors

Winston Watkins spoke to Canesport. Some highlights of his comments:

“I really wanted to see how they were running their offense and what they were working with,” “Miami has been doing good this season, and I just wanted to check it out. I know a few guys on the team, so it was good to see my boys play.”

Watkins, who has been committed to Colorado since December, has maintained communication with a handful of programs, including the Hurricanes, who first offered following a standout performance at Miami’s 2022 Legends Camp.

“It’s been pretty good, but I make sure I always keep my options open,” “You never know what could happen, so I just want to make sure my relationship with other coaches stays good as well. At the end of the day, this is a business.”

“Coach KB is a great guy, and I like him,” “My relationship with Miami is pretty smooth. Miami is one of the closest big-time schools near me, so it’s a good little relationship I got with them and the coaches, so it’s pretty great.”

“They let me know that they’re going to put me in positions to make plays,”“They have some playmakers out there, and when they get the ball, they make plays. They let me know I would get opportunities to show off my ability.”

“It’s pretty fire and I feel like Cristobal is changing things around,” “I would say he’s doing a good job of turning things around and bringing them back to being closer to where they want to be.”

He reaffirmed he is committed to Colorado but Watkins seemed thoroughly impressed with what he saw on the field and in the crowd at Hard Rock Stadium.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back