Official TVD Lost The Team in April

If that were true, they would let him get his head taken off.

Having said that, his sideline and field demeanor is one of the strangest I recall ever seeing on one of our teams. It could even be as simple as they don't f'with him on the sidelines as that's what he prefers.
If it looks like ****, smells like ****, it probably is ****.

Advertisement
If you look at all the truly great QB’s(Brady, Manning, Montana) you have to live, eat, and sleep this **** if you’re going to be successful. This isn’t some part-time job you do on the weekends. With TVD, I’ve never got the impression football is the most important thing in his life. When you get to this level, it has to be. I think that’s why he tends to fade as the season goes on. At this point it almost feels like you have to go to Emory, but will the coaches pull the trigger? I get it, throwing a true freshman in this late in the season with still something to play for is not ideal. We just can’t keep trodding TVD out there every week though to throw INT’s and run this pitiful offense.

If he loss the team in april what team did he play with in the first 4 games? His leadership is probably trash but i dont think this team has quit in any game, he just have to perform better them all the extra **** will silence if he does

I said it back in April that TVD threatening to leave to Alabama would backfire because real leaders don't abandon the team for their own personal goals. Yesterday at the game, TVD was entirely alone moping on the sideline talking to no one. At one point, he went over the OL to give them a little fake rah rah speech and it was awkward and they didn't even lift their heads. they paid zero attention to him. he sat on the bench alone. as @Cribby said not too log ago, he hasn't been voted a captain the last few games.

he has lost the team and they don't care about him
Yeah I was saying this exact thing when we were blowing ATM out of the water. You could see the team all celebrate and look over at TVD and say we're not behind you. LOL

Advertisement
As most could see and have said. He is not a leader he has zero leadership abilities.
But a few on here can't admit that
This is why I wanted Jake over TVD! The players had a completely different attitude when Jake was out there then Jake got hurt an TVD went on that 6 game 300 yard and instead of having a QB competition we gave TVD QB1 an Jake left an TVD has had nobody behind him to push him smh. Never liked TVD smh

I don’t think the Bama thing had anything to do with it. But TVD lacks assertiveness right now. He doesn’t seem like he’s in control and the offense can sense it, hence the uninspired play.

On its own, it doesn't. But when you add it to everything else (his marriage to X, his comments on preference of playing on the road, his reputation for not engaging with his WRs much in the offseason, etc etc), it becomes an issue. JMO.

We're stuck with him the rest of the way so fans just have to accept it. TVD is gonna give us some good moments and some real sh1tty moments and he'll probably lead us to 1-2 losses down the stretch. MArio/DAwson will just try and gameplan around him and take the good with the bad. Don't see Mario benching him.

Advertisement
sad fact. jacurri brown would be better then jordan travis if he was getting those plays dialed up to him
wtf.gif

this isn't speculation. this is what all of us who sit just behind the offense see and conclude.
"This isn't speculation, these are the conclusions I draw without firsthand knowledge"

You may be right... but...

spec·u·la·tion
/ˌspekyəˈlāSH(ə)n/
noun
the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

I don’t think the Bama thing had anything to do with it. But TVD lacks assertiveness right now. He doesn’t seem like he’s in control and the offense can sense it, hence the uninspired play.
He's hurt and afraid of getting hit. Leg, ribs, throwing hand, "between the ears". Kid should NOT be playing football when Emory is healthy and more accurate passing, as well as more active in READING defenses. Poor CEO decision to play "the experienced guy" who looks like he never should have left the locker room.

Advertisement
Listened to Mario on QAM this morning. When asked about TVD he made it very clear that he doesn't throw any player under the bus then proceeded to say our horrific passing game was on everybody.

Reading btw the lines, this is on TVD.

On its own, it doesn't. But when you add it to everything else (his marriage to X, his comments on preference of playing on the road, his reputation for not engaging with his WRs much in the offseason, etc etc), it becomes an issue. JMO.

We're stuck with him the rest of the way so fans just have to accept it. TVD is gonna give us some good moments and some real sh1tty moments and he'll probably lead us to 1-2 losses down the stretch. MArio/DAwson will just try and gameplan around him and take the good with the bad. Don't see Mario benching him.
IDK. In my opinion, we're overthinking these things. I want ****y TVD back. Remember when he guaranteed a win against NCST (I think?). Where's that guy? This guy we've seen the last 2 seasons seems very unsure of himself and it's infiltrating the rest of the offense.

Advertisement
I feel bad for Mario. IF he runs with TVD and wins, folks complain...if he rides with TVD and loses, folks complain. If he rides with Emory, and wins, folks complain. If he rides with Emory and loses folks complain. Some of you just cant be happy.

I love my Canes and I'm ride or die....I believe Mario can get us back to the promised land. He has already shown a willingness to go away from his tendencies in hiring Dawson. He had Dawson be careful with Emory vs Clemson cause it was the best thing for Emory. While I would have rather seen Emory play vs. UVA, I realize that I am not in the building and do not know all that is going on.

Yes, something is going on with TVD, not sure if it is injury or in his head. If it were me, I would try to rest him, let him get healthy and ride with Emory the next few weeks. But, I am just an armchair coach.

I feel bad for Mario. IF he runs with TVD and wins, folks complain...if he rides with TVD and loses, folks complain. If he rides with Emory, and wins, folks complain. If he rides with Emory and loses folks complain. Some of you just cant be happy.

I love my Canes and I'm ride or die....I believe Mario can get us back to the promised land. He has already shown a willingness to go away from his tendencies in hiring Dawson. He had Dawson be careful with Emory vs Clemson cause it was the best thing for Emory. While I would have rather seen Emory play vs. UVA, I realize that I am not in the building and do not know all that is going on.

Yes, something is going on with TVD, not sure if it is injury or in his head. If it were me, I would try to rest him, let him get healthy and ride with Emory the next few weeks. But, I am just an armchair coach.

Worst fan base on earth gonna worst fan base on earth.

This is why I wanted Jake over TVD! The players had a completely different attitude when Jake was out there then Jake got hurt an TVD went on that 6 game 300 yard and instead of having a QB competition we gave TVD QB1 an Jake left an TVD has had nobody behind him to push him smh. Never liked TVD smh

There's still people who want Jake Garcia? You know he's the third string quarterback at Missouri now, right?

Advertisement
Back