Official TVD Lost The Team in April

What do you expect him to say in a presser “his starting QB sucks”?
Of course not. But it’s obvious as the nose on my face that Mario thinks very highly of TVD - on and off the field. Watching pressers gives great perspective.

Advertisement
I said it back in April that TVD threatening to leave to Alabama ...

How close was he to actually leaving? I remember the talk, but I didn't follow it as close as I probably should have.

Was TVD almost out the door to Tuscaloosa or did those in the know think it was more of a leverage ploy with his NIL deal?

I said it back in April that TVD threatening to leave to Alabama would backfire because real leaders don't abandon the team for their own personal goals. Yesterday at the game, TVD was entirely alone moping on the sideline talking to no one. At one point, he went over the OL to give them a little fake rah rah speech and it was awkward and they didn't even lift their heads. they paid zero attention to him. he sat on the bench alone. as @Cribby said not too log ago, he hasn't been voted a captain the last few games.

he has lost the team and they don't care about him
I personally said I was done with him after the Bama scare for that exact same reason but let him play. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes🤷🏿

If TVD played good, dudes would rally around him. You throw wack ints, ain't nobody got time for that. Dudes want the best guys to play, simple. If TVD stinks in the first half next, Mario better pull his *** or banners will start circling hard rock.

Every reciever out there is playing for their chance at the next level. When the QB comes in and d1cks around, it affects everyone's chances of playing at the next level...

... don't expect them to empathize game after game of horrible play just because he can't get his act together no matter what his excuse maybe... if Mario chooses to ignore this and keep playing him, we could have issues

Advertisement
He goes to X all the time because of lack of preparation and seriousness in studying film
This is exactly what I told my son. He looks like there’s a lack of understanding of the scheme and the flow of the game. He looks GD disinterested. Leadership is about being engaged, in the playbook, the game, your teammates and Coaches. It’s about finding and having a voice. I see none of that. As a leader you have to be involved with your crew or team. And, let them know and feel you give a **** about them and have their back. My Crew would run thru a ***king wall for me. I just don’t get that vibe from TVD or the team. Hope I’m wrong#CANESNATIONLIFER🙌🏽

It's absolutely ridiculous.
We went 5-7 last year, had coaches on team slandering Mario. Had players on team telling recruits to go elsewhere..

You’re naive if you think the only “leader” that flirted with leaving was TVD. In fact keeping the core talent might’ve been Mario’s best recruiting job this past offseason. It could’ve been very very ugly….

How close was he to actually leaving? I remember the talk, but I didn't follow it as close as I probably should have.

Was TVD almost out the door to Tuscaloosa or did those in the know think it was more of a leverage ploy with his NIL deal?

i dont know and it doesn't matter. the message to the team and organization is the same

We are in that grey area of the season not being completely lost and the season being lost. I think one more “L”, especially one where TVDs performance is in the ****er and is a direct result of thr “L”, you move on with a younger QB and let TVD mope in the offseason.

Everyone here is done with the inconsistency at QB. For three weeks his Vag hurts and then he has a singular record breaking good game and makes believers out of everyone again. Well no more, I’m off that amusement park ride.

Advertisement
I’m glad everyone is finally waking up to what I’ve been saying. I had multiple ppl try and argue last week but now seems everyone is seeing it. Not sure why it took another bad performance for ppl to realize but hey that’s where the program is now. Next 4 games will be interesting
The GT game is when I officially was done with TVD. I blamed the coaches and crappy line before. But when I saw the choices he made in that game. I was done. Plus No qb worth a **** runs a play weather the coach called victory formation or not. You take charge of that **** if you have a brain or a nut in your body. Also done with Mario unless he gives me reasons not to be. I haven’t watched a snap since GT.

i dont know and it doesn't matter. the message to the team and organization is the same
There’s times when I defer to the coaches acknowledging that hey I’m not in the locker room or in the meetings, they know better right

But like what you’re saying I would hope the coaches would see it too but then I remember watching the FSU game last year them sending him out there. And then you watch the GT game

I don’t trust these guys to make the right decisions

I could care less if his teammates like him or his facial expressions. I care if he’s playing well and we’re winning. GT and now UVA performances are not acceptable. That said if he’s still playing well like he did earlier in the year nobody would be talking about his facial expressions or if

In combat, even though fighting against guerrillas - when everyone pretty much dressed the same - I could always rely on studying body language to pick out the bad guys.

It was like picking out the guys waving a yellow flag.

You've heard me here - he's flat, isolated, disinterested, and not a team player - certainly not a real asset.

I don't know what his problem is - and at this point I don't give a happy ****.

Emory does it right - and Emory plays to do his part. You'll note the receivers and rest of the offense played their hearts out for Emory.

Experience isn't worth a tinkers dam - if you're not fighting to win for your team mates - not for You - for the others.

Asset or Liability? If a liability - even a talented liability - it's still a liability.

Leadership is doing. Not talking.

Park his *** on the bench. Get someone who wants to play, do their best, and do it for the others.
Oh i understand what your saying. Especially when you mention combat. I watch the pressor. A 3 yr vet telling us he needs to watch more film study the game more. Im not buying that people's. Some may feel sorry but i don't. Im going to keep saying this. Till i see other wise.

Advertisement
It's probably just me - but if there's something I find tiring on a thread - I just don't click on that thread.

Give it a whirl! It sure works for me!
He was talking about how tiring it is to watch garbage *** TVD. 😂, little misunderstanding there..

Advertisement
Well he is gonna find it again this week. We go 4-0 rest of the year.

Who knows if it was true then but it appears true now. Body language don’t lie. They’ve quit on that dude.

If that were true, they would let him get his head taken off.

Having said that, his sideline and field demeanor is one of the strangest I recall ever seeing on one of our teams. It could even be as simple as they don't f'with him on the sidelines as that's what he prefers.

If that were true, they would let him get his head taken off.

Having said that, his sideline and field demeanor is one of the strangest I recall ever seeing on one of our teams. It could even be as simple as they don't f'with him on the sidelines as that's what he prefers.
It is noticeably odd. And I get it, sometimes the ra ra thing can be a little grating. Not everybody has to lead like Baker Mayfield to lead effectively. When he was playing well, his manuerisms were played off as “level headed” but when he’s playing bad, it’s aloof and unhelpfully so. The guys are picking up on it. I picked up on it. Nobody had any confidence in him including himself. They’ve gotta make a move. Say he’s injured, let him save face or whatever. But the crowd has quit on him, his teammates have quit on him, and he looks like he’s quit on himself. Let somebody else rehab him, there’s talent there. He hasn’t earned unconditional loyalty here. He lost the job.

TVD is who he is. I don’t care about him anymore. What I am afraid of is not getting an elite QB either in recruiting or transfer portal.

Advertisement
Back