Official Tuesday Media: TE Will Mallory, DT Leonard Taylor, DB Tyrique Stevenson, and RB Henry Parrish

Advertisement
Wow on TVD. I thought for sure that even if he did play it would be kept under wraps. So either Mallory missed the memo or Mario doesn't care if they know who is the QB.
I’m assuming it’s all mind games through the media…

Let’s be honest the offense sucks but it’s way different with TVd at QB than JG/JB

Because they’re 20 year old dudes who don’t get it. Even nfl dudes struggle with it.

You can have the best meal plan ever but if I a player is woofing down a bag of candy at night on their time then that’s on them.

Eddy lacy ate himself out of the league
My brother in law played basketball at Kentucky in the early to mid-80’s. The center on the team (along with Sam Bowie), was “dinner bell” Mel Turpin. UK had a very good meal plan and training table even back then. Except that after dinner Mel Turpin would go eat a pizza. Or pay the team bus driver to get him some fast food.
Turpin was so good that he was drafted number 6 right behind Barkley (same draft as Hakeem, Bowie and Jordan). Turpin ate himself out of the league within 3 years. And died young.
A coach cannot want success for the player more than the player wants it for himself.

Advertisement
My brother in law played basketball at Kentucky in the early to mid-80’s. The center on the team (along with Sam Bowie), was “dinner bell” Mel Turpin. UK had a very good meal plan and training table even back then. Except that after dinner Mel Turpin would go eat a pizza. Or pay the team bus driver to get him some fast food.
Turpin was so good that he was drafted number 6 right behind Barkley (same draft as Hakeem, Bowie and Jordan). Turpin ate himself out of the league within 3 years. And died young.
A coach cannot want success for the player more than the player wants it for himself.
Truth

Advertisement
Advertisement
Because they’re 20 year old dudes who don’t get it. Even nfl dudes struggle with it.

You can have the best meal plan ever but if I a player is woofing down a bag of candy at night on their time then that’s on them.

D wade didn’t have the best diet and he’s a hall of famer.

They’re kids and they’re gonna eat lol
I know I've been there but I had no aspirations of being a high level draft pick. Discipline goes a long way and it shows on Saturday's.

I know I've been there but I had no aspirations of being a high level draft pick. Discipline goes a long way and it shows on Saturday's.
I mean nfl and nba players struggle w this. It normally doesn’t take until later on. Ray Allen was famous for changing lebrons diet in Miami.

Advertisement

True but I would say there's a bigger majority especially in the sec that do get it 🤷‍♂️

Advertisement
Back