• 4038658F-DC67-4BD3-9016-234651CA2B0F.gif
    4038658F-DC67-4BD3-9016-234651CA2B0F.gif
    449.2 KB · Views: 1
My takeaways from each of the interviews:
1) Shannon Dawson
- TVD is the guy. Extremely accurate and picks up things fast.​
- He seems very intrigued by Browns skillset. Said he's got everything.​
- Will take it slow with Emory.​
- Grew up watching the canes of old and has to pinch himself that he's at the U.​
- Knocked it out of the park with Beard and Harris Jr. as position coaches.​
- Adapts scheme to players on roster.​
- Has an idea of who will be the go to WR but won't say who (my guess is X).​
My initial take: breath of fresh air compared to Gattis who seemed **** bent on running his scheme. I'll wait and see but early reviews are positive.
2) Lance Guidry
- He embraces being cajun lol.​
- Kam - really intelligent, bell cow of the defense, will ask him to do even more.​
- Caleb Spencer - young, don't know a lot yet.​
- Fell in love with the old Miami teams with how they played and the swagger.​
- Very excited for JT to be leading the D Line. Called him a future D Coordinator at the college or NFL level.​
- Called Derek Nicholson special and a future DC as well. He shoutout Addae as well.​
- 4-2-5 is base D.​
- Loves giving pregame speeches (can't wait).​
- Calls Mauigoa a natural player. :)
My initial take: he oozes passion and energy. This guy gets you fired up. Can't wait to see what he does with this defense.

Last edited:
Advertisement
These guys love coaching and football. Love how Dawson discounted everything with pads. Guidry’s defense is gonna be fun, but I expect growing pains(early busts). Either way. These are guys I would love to play for, esp Guidry.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
These guys seem to really love football and are happy/thankfull to be here. They also appear to at least initially have a lot of respect for the other coaches. Don't know you could say that about a good chunk of the previous staff.

You always hear about wanting kids that love ball and love playing for their teammates. That kind of culture cant happen if it doesn't exist at the top.

Dawson got some adjustments to make with our weather/heat down here lol
Being from Louisiana, coaching in southern Mississippi, and then Houston, and you think he's not used to the heat or humidity? He's a Cajun, he's not from the Arctic :LOL:

South Florida is cooler than those places on average during the summer so I'm sure he's plenty used to it.

Advertisement
Back