Tua Sucks!!

I've never seen so many excuses for such a limited talent. @Zbrod95 is the ringleader of the clown circus.

The poor kid has marginal arm talent and can't read an NFL defense. So the coach dials up screens and quick defined reads. Same script you see for other QBs who struggle to make reads and throws, like Wentz or Kyler. NFL coaches aren't stupid - they gameplan according to their personnel. I don't see how you can move forward with all your eggs in the Tua basket when you have a golden opportunity to upgrade.

Advertisement
Tua will be fine. He doesn't have much of a supporting cast and he looks like most rookies do when they get their chance, even the ones that end up with long careers.

That guy on the other side of the field you would've run out of town his rookie season. He threw more interceptions than touchdowns.

People have no patience these days.

I've never seen so many excuses for such a limited talent. @Zbrod95 is the ringleader of the clown circus.

The poor kid has marginal arm talent and can't read an NFL defense. So the coach dials up screens and quick defined reads. Same script you see for other QBs who struggle to make reads and throws, like Wentz or Kyler. NFL coaches aren't stupid - they gameplan according to their personnel. I don't see how you can move forward with all your eggs in the Tua basket when you have a golden opportunity to upgrade.
PREACH

Tua will be fine. He doesn't have much of a supporting cast and he looks like most rookies do when they get their chance, even the ones that end up with long careers.

That guy on the other side of the field you would've run out of town his rookie season. He threw more interceptions than touchdowns.

If Tua played this way but was 6’5 with a rocket arm and 4.6 wheels I think we would be a little more patient.

he is 6’0, an overrated athlete, and has average arm strength. He also can read through his progressions

I agree that he will settle in as a low-end starter long-term if he can develop in the right scheme and situation.

But that's the whole point here...he doesn't have the upside of Josh Allen or Kyler Murray. He's an ordinary talent. There's no reason to be stuck to a sunk cost when there's extreme downside and minimal upside. Not when you have the gift of another team's high pick.

Advertisement

ZbRoAdIsaF0otBaLlgEnIuS....

Quick question? Could he read defense in college? That LSU team he played against had 8 guys drafted. He put up 400 on them. ****, Clemson blew out Alabama, but Tua still had 300. He's the same size he was when they drafted him. This team has the worse skill players in the league. Again, if they want to draft Fields or Wilson, fine by me, but I saw what he can do when he had NFL talent against other SEC teams with NFL talent.

This mother F'er has a noodle arm. We whiffed. Period. Herbert breaking records and Tua's using all his might to throw a pick 15 yards downfield.

Trade him for anything you can get. Take Wilson or Fields.

Advertisement

I defended Tua the whole season but had doubts. This was the game for me. We absolutely need to go QB if we keep #3. Raiders game really highlighted how Tua is holding back the playcalling instead of the other way around in hindsight. Then puts on this ****show against second teamers this game.

I have pointed to Josh Allen and his improvement for sticking with Tua and surrounding him weapons but at least he had arm strength. I don’t see any aspect of Tua’s game to build off right now. Ball placement and accuracy was his strength out of the draft. But I’m not even seeing that consistently. His weaknesses are being highlighted now and the balls just straight up looks terrible coming out of his hands. He’s exerting maximum effort to throw simple checkdowns. Does not look effortless to say the least.

My thing is a franchise QB works with what he has and elevates the guys around him. It’s lazy to fully blame playcalling and lack of weapons.

Last edited:
I agree that he will settle in as a low-end starter long-term if he can develop in the right scheme and situation.

But that's the whole point here...he doesn't have the upside of Josh Allen or Kyler Murray. He's an ordinary talent. There's no reason to be stuck to a sunk cost when there's extreme downside and minimal upside. Not when you have the gift of another team's high pick.
Tua coming back from that injury was a feel good story and the Dolphins got caught up in it. And playing qb at bama made the dude look way better than he is. Dolphin front office panicked. Should have traded down.

Got a chance to correct the error and draft a qb, do they have the balls like the cardinals?

I defended Tua the whole season but had doubts. This was the game for me. We absolutely need to go QB if we keep #3. Raiders game really highlighted how Tua is holding back the playcalling instead of the other way around in hindsight. Then puts on this ****show against second teamers this game.

I have pointed to Josh Allen and his improvement for sticking with Tua and surrounding him weapons but at least he had arm strength. I don’t see any aspect of Tua’s game to build off right now. Ball placement and accuracy was his strength out of the draft. But I’m not even seeing that consistently. His weaknesses are being highlighted now and the balls just straight up looks terrible coming out of his hands. He’s exerting maximum effort to throw simple checkdowns. Does not look effortless to say the least.

My thing is a franchise QB works with what he has and elevates the guys around him. It’s lazy to blame playcalling and lack of weapons.
I wonder if the hip is giving him problems?

Green noted during the broad cast that his front foot wasn't pointing forward instead towards the side.

Mechanics breaking down?

Advertisement
The problem is a question of what can be excellent at, skill wise?

Average, at best, arm talent
Decent athlete
Not great, so far, at reading coverage

Sure Josh Allen was rough his rookie season. But the skill set was there (generational arm talent, outstanding athlete) so you take your licks hoping he builds around those god-given gifts, which is exactly what he did.

Tua doesn’t have that luxury. His ceiling IMO is Andy Dalton-esque

The Tua needs a better supporting cast crowd is hilarious. Imagine had Tua gone to any other top 10 selection team not named the Dolphins where they don’t have 5 picks in the first 3 rounds to “build around him”. He would need 30 years at Cincinnati to finally live up to expectations.

Homeboy could have thrown six picks in the one half that he finally was asked to sling it and it was against backups!!

Advertisement
ATXCane, there were thousands of people that thought Herbert was the better pick than TUA. Where you come up with that statement is absolutely laughable. TUA is soft, he had two injuries, and a noodle arm. You don't think THOUSANDS of people didn't recognize this? LOL

My thing is a franchise QB works with what he has and elevates the guys around him. It’s lazy to fully blame playcalling and lack of weapons.
This is the game for me too...and a lot of mouth breather in here forget that I was the one that said Herbert was going to be good.

I wouldn't say Tua sucks, but he is limited. Kind of reminds me of Chad Pennington. Limited arm strength but cerebral. QB's like this are only as good as their supporting casts and right now Miami doesn't have much at the skilled positions. I'm not quite ready to give up on Tua just yet. Would like to at least see him with a true #1 receiver and RB before thinking about drafting another QB.

LOL @ blaming Tua for the loss, Dolphins failed in all phases of the game today.

And is Flores allergic to zone or something, can't play man all day if your D-Line is gettin' no pressure.

Advertisement
Back