Coaching (Thomas Brown) - I hope the Panthers don’t serve shrimp at catering!

“Bret screwed Bret..” - VM

The screwjob wouldn’t have been a screwjob if Bret just agreed to do business & drop the strap on his way out.

He wanted to stipulate when he was gonna lose & how, all while leaving the company & because he had a personal vendetta with Shawn (who admittedly was a prick himself), he simply refused to do the job, so they jobbed him instead.

It’s part of the reason they called him “Brat” Hart, because despite the fact he was a phenomenal worker he was a big baby who always pouted when he didn’t get his way. In part, it was Stu Hart’s fault for how he brought him up in the business at Stampede Wrestling when he was younger. He used to always put him over even when he necessarily didn’t deserve it. Bad New Brown tells a story about how when he was brought in to work in Calgary that he was supposed to do a program with Bret, but Bret was refusing to do a job for Bad News even though at the time Bad News was over & was the bigger draw.

Bret was just spoiled, even though he was arguably the greatest worker ever.
Reminds me of all the crap I heard about Verne Gagne and his son Greg.... two of the most belligerent scumbags you'll ever read about.....

Advertisement
Was so underwhelmed during his tenure here. I can’t believe he ended up doing this well. Congrats to him
I don’t think his tenure was that bad , we actually had a running game when he coached , 2016 we won our first bowl game in years , 2017 our best year in years , 2018 was a bad year …. Now that I think about it mark richt was our best head coach since the national championships years 😂😂

Thomas Brown was here a long time ago and had been with Sean McVay long enough to pick up a thing or two from a pretty decent offensive mind

Dave Clawson openly admits to how awful he was in his one year calling plays at Tennessee but he learned a lot from that experience and is now a highly regarded offensive mind himself.

People can and do grow.

And he probably had little to do with being the actual OC here it was just a title. He probably game planed with Richt's plays and Richt called them.

Advertisement
Shrimp is almost as disgusting as this incredibly stupid thread. Fortunately, it got re-railed into rasslin.

Rock 1998-2000. Peak WWF.

LOL @ Hollywood Hogan

ECW fantastic entertainment. Rhino, Mike Awesome, The Sandman, Lance Strom, Sabu, Hardcore Bob Holly, Rob Van Dam, Shane Douglas, Roadkill.
Bruh u Can't mention ECW without mentioning, New Jack. Guy was basically insane. Like a real life comic book villain. Bruh was really unhinged.

Bruh u Can't mention ECW without mentioning, New Jack. Guy was basically insane. Like a real life comic book villain. Bruh was really unhinged.
TOTALLY. May he rest in peace. Great performer because it was effortless.

I always wanted Savio Vega to go full on ECW but it wasn't in the cards.

players no, but in general it feels like a significant amount

those players, then ken dorsey as qb coach, rob chudzinski as OC, thomas brown now as OC, joe brady was never affiliated with the canes but talked about here at nauseum and was OC in carolina, etc.

sure there are a few others I can't think off of on the top of my head

and i'm sure I just notice the connection more as a fan of both teams but it is kind of cool how often the panthers get brought up on a canes message board

Bad look for Miami because this dude is a clown but another example nonetheless

Animated GIF

Advertisement
To me, Bret Hart was boring. Like Cena or Flair he had his five moves of doom and never really deviated from that during his entire career. Hockenbottom’s moveset was bigger and evolved over time.

Hart however was very good in his Canadian heel role in 1997. He gave my second favorite heel promo of all time. To me, that was peak Hitman. At the same time, Hickenbottom was unbelievable as DX Shawn Michaels the same year, and produced what I considered the best heel promo of them all.

Bret Hart:

For Shawn I can’t find the entire promo, but it was pure heat by the Canadian crowd. Here’s a snippet:

Did you really just throw shade on Flair while praising Shawn Michaels?

Micheals is vastly overrated. On his best day, that Ricky Morton wannabe couldn't touch Ric Flair.

Did you really just throw shade on Flair while praising Shawn Michaels?

Micheals is vastly overrated. On his best day, that Ricky Morton wannabe couldn't touch Ric Flair.
LOL…to each their own. I started watching Flair when in the late 1980s, when he was already in his early 40s. I’ll acknowledge that Flair (in retrospect) was a fantastic overall performer and excellent ring general. I’d say Michaels had a better overall move set , and I’d dare say that 1997 Michaels was an even better heel than Flair.

Advertisement
I don’t think I have any followers, I just sometimes say things that people tend to agree with.

There’s just as many people who don’t like me or the things I say, they’re just not as vocal.

There are others who far more beloved & well received than me & that’s a good thing, because I actually prefer it that way.
52Fl7S91FJ29c8Kr62.gif

LOL…to each their own. I started watching Flair when in the late 1980s, when he was already in his early 40s. I’ll acknowledge that Flair (in retrospect) was a fantastic overall performer and excellent ring general. I’d say Michaels had a better overall move set , and I’d dare say that 1997 Michaels was an even better heel than Flair.

See, this is why we can't have nice things.

Go onYT and watch the video when Flair and the Andersons attacked Dusty in the Omni.

Lol at Shawn Micheals getting anywhere close to that level of heat on one of the In Your House PPV's that he headlined.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back