Coaching (Thomas Brown) - I hope the Panthers don’t serve shrimp at catering!

Advertisement
I dont think he was bcks tabbing..he was pretty much bullying richt according to the article.
That bullying is true, but the backstabbing stuff has come up from other jobs. He is known not to be trusted in the coaching profession. That’s the word from multiple college coaches that I’ve talked to.

Nevermind I found the story

“To address Aaron’s (Murray) comment — because I think it needs to be addressed a little bit — the stories that I have heard and some of y’all have heard that came out of Athens – that are true, (from) coaches that were on the staff, some of the things Jeremy Pruitt did to Mark Richt, some coaches would tell you are the most disrespectful, most crazy things they heard,” Pollack said on the set of “SEC Now.”

Advertisement
772723B4-F082-4B56-83A9-D3739CF1E541.jpeg

I loved Bret Hart. I never got why he wasn’t considered a superstar as I think you and some others told me. Him and Benoit were such precise technicians.
To me, Bret Hart was boring. Like Cena or Flair he had his five moves of doom and never really deviated from that during his entire career. Hockenbottom’s moveset was bigger and evolved over time.

Hart however was very good in his Canadian heel role in 1997. He gave my second favorite heel promo of all time. To me, that was peak Hitman. At the same time, Hickenbottom was unbelievable as DX Shawn Michaels the same year, and produced what I considered the best heel promo of them all.

Bret Hart:

For Shawn I can’t find the entire promo, but it was pure heat by the Canadian crowd. Here’s a snippet:

I loved Bret Hart. I never got why he wasn’t considered a superstar as I think you and some others told me. Him and Benoit were such precise technicians.
Bret had terrible mic skills... I mean he was ok but needed help to get promos over.... Lacked the type of character to fully sell like Savage, Hogan and such...
His own partner in Neidhart had better mic persona than him.... but... Bret was a great great in ring performer ....
Montreal ***** job happened and Bret never recovered from it.... His time in WCW was horrible... Granted he got paid well by them but he was wasted talent by that point like a lot of them there....
One thing about the ***** job that doesn't get mentioned much is Bret had threatened to leave WWE/WWF and take the belt with him to WCW.... Depending on who you talk too about the story it was said Vince worked it out that the belt wouldn't leave WWE... But.... We know Vince will protect WWE at all costs so in the end the ***** job happened to ensure the belt stayed home. Meaning that Shawn would be recognized Champ before Bret officially left...
Do you remember a female wrestler named Alundra Blaze/ Medusa??? She was WWE/WWF Womens champ in the early/mid 90's...
She bounced and showed up on Monday night nitro with the Women's belt and threw it in the trash..... got banned from WWE for like 20 years... That was 2 years before the Montreal ***** Job .... Vince wasn't gonna let that happen again with Bret leaving.....

Advertisement
Thomas Brown, like most of Richt’s offensive staff, got the job here because he was Mark Richt’s friend. He was a running backs coach given the title and pay of OC while his head coach called the plays and designed the game plan. In hindsight, after seeing Richt’s offense get worse every year, maybe Brown should have been given a chance to run his own offense.

There’s more to Bret than just the Alundra situation - although that was a big part of it. Hart explored jumping to WCW in Jan 1992 while Intercontinental champion, which may have been why he suddenly dropped the title to The Mountie at a house show prior to that year’s Royal Rumble. Furthermore, there was the entire way that the WWF paraded around the NWA World Championship when Ric Flair joined in 1991; if Vince had done it why wouldn’t Eric Bischoff do it back to him.

A word on Alundra/Madusa. She only left the WWF because the company decided to drop its entire womens division in Dec 1995. She then signed with WCW, and brought the world title with her. It’s was Bischoff’s order to throw it in the trash on Nitro, and has she said no she easily could have found herself outside of the wrestling industry entirely. She was faced with what could best be described as an impossible choice, and got unfairly blackballed over it.

She did become an accomplished monster truck driver in the intervening years.

Bret had terrible mic skills... I mean he was ok but needed help to get promos over.... Lacked the type of character to fully sell like Savage, Hogan and such...
His own partner in Neidhart had better mic persona than him.... but... Bret was a great great in ring performer ....
Montreal ***** job happened and Bret never recovered from it.... His time in WCW was horrible... Granted he got paid well by them but he was wasted talent by that point like a lot of them there....
One thing about the ***** job that doesn't get mentioned much is Bret had threatened to leave WWE/WWF and take the belt with him to WCW.... Depending on who you talk too about the story it was said Vince worked it out that the belt wouldn't leave WWE... But.... We know Vince will protect WWE at all costs so in the end the ***** job happened to ensure the belt stayed home. Meaning that Shawn would be recognized Champ before Bret officially left...
Do you remember a female wrestler named Alundra Blaze/ Medusa??? She was WWE/WWF Womens champ in the early/mid 90's...
She bounced and showed up on Monday night nitro with the Women's belt and threw it in the trash..... got banned from WWE for like 20 years... That was 2 years before the Montreal ***** Job .... Vince wasn't gonna let that happen again with Bret leaving.....
“Bret screwed Bret..” - VM

The screwjob wouldn’t have been a screwjob if Bret just agreed to do business & drop the strap on his way out.

He wanted to stipulate when he was gonna lose & how, all while leaving the company & because he had a personal vendetta with Shawn (who admittedly was a prick himself), he simply refused to do the job, so they jobbed him instead.

It’s part of the reason they called him “Brat” Hart, because despite the fact he was a phenomenal worker he was a big baby who always pouted when he didn’t get his way. In part, it was Stu Hart’s fault for how he brought him up in the business at Stampede Wrestling when he was younger. He used to always put him over even when he necessarily didn’t deserve it. Bad New Brown tells a story about how when he was brought in to work in Calgary that he was supposed to do a program with Bret, but Bret was refusing to do a job for Bad News even though at the time Bad News was over & was the bigger draw.

Bret was just spoiled, even though he was arguably the greatest worker ever.

Advertisement
“Bret screwed Bret..” - VM

The screwjob wouldn’t have been a screwjob if Bret just agreed to do business & drop the strap on his way out.

He wanted to stipulate when he was gonna lose & how, all while leaving the company & because he had a personal vendetta with Shawn (who admittedly was a prick himself), he simply refused to do the job, so they jobbed him instead.

It’s part of the reason they called him “Brat” Hart, because despite the fact he was a phenomenal worker he was a big baby who always pouted when he didn’t get his way. In part, it was Stu Hart’s fault for how he brought him up in the business at Stampede Wrestling when he was younger. He used to always put him over even when he necessarily didn’t deserve it. Bad New Brown tells a story about how when he was brought in to work in Calgary that he was supposed to do a program with Bret, but Bret was refusing to do a job for Bad News even though at the time Bad News was over & was the bigger draw.

Bret was just spoiled, even though he was arguably the greatest worker ever.
No wonder you have so many followers here - I’ll call them Memnonites. Your knowledge on so many different subjects seems to be without many or any limits.

E3DBA671-8375-4C03-8D33-EDED0DED47CD.gif

No wonder you have so many followers here - I’ll call them Memnonites. Your knowledge on so many different subjects seems to be without many or any limits.

View attachment 230603
I don’t think I have any followers, I just sometimes say things that people tend to agree with.

There’s just as many people who don’t like me or the things I say, they’re just not as vocal.

There are others who far more beloved & well received than me & that’s a good thing, because I actually prefer it that way.

I don’t think I have any followers, I just sometimes say things that people tend to agree with.

There’s just as many people who don’t like me or the things I say, they’re just not as vocal.

There are others who far more beloved & well received than me & that’s a good thing, because I actually prefer it that way.
Your detractors are few. I see that you don’t feel comfort being put on a pedestal. I’ll limit the compliments.

So I’ve opted for shawarma over dim sum for lunch today and will do dim sum tomorrow- Sunday. Thoughts? 😂

Advertisement
Sort of sick of seeing former Miami coaches falling up everywhere else they go except for the teachers pet ones that fail miserably next stop before heading to their new job at 7-eleven

That bullying is true, but the backstabbing stuff has come up from other jobs. He is known not to be trusted in the coaching profession. That’s the word from multiple college coaches that I’ve talked to.

Heard He was s c r e w i n g co-eds at FSU, too.

There’s more to Bret than just the Alundra situation - although that was a big part of it. Hart explored jumping to WCW in Jan 1992 while Intercontinental champion, which may have been why he suddenly dropped the title to The Mountie at a house show prior to that year’s Royal Rumble. Furthermore, there was the entire way that the WWF paraded around the NWA World Championship when Ric Flair joined in 1991; if Vince had done it why wouldn’t Eric Bischoff do it back to him.

A word on Alundra/Madusa. She only left the WWF because the company decided to drop its entire womens division in Dec 1995. She then signed with WCW, and brought the world title with her. It’s was Bischoff’s order to throw it in the trash on Nitro, and has she said no she easily could have found herself outside of the wrestling industry entirely. She was faced with what could best be described as an impossible choice, and got unfairly blackballed over it.

She did become an accomplished monster truck driver in the intervening years.
Yep.. I remember when Flair first came and still had the "Big Belt"..... Appreciate you filling in the gaps... I remember hearing about Bischoff putting pressure on Blaze.... That's messed up....

Advertisement
Back