This Team's a Big Disappointment

Advertisement
Advertisement
I think you guys are way overreacting with the NIT takes.
In theory you are correct. Team has lost 4 games in conference but all have been close (OT, buzzer beater, disaster against Louisville and the FSU game). It's hard to say that they've mailed it in at this point.

How so? If the season ended today, we'd be in the NIT (if we accept). They're under .500 in ACC play. Obviously it can turn around, but it has to.
And Miami still has to play Duke and Unc. Louisville FSU and Syracuse losses hurt.

We could lose every regular season game left... and some might still say "N.I.T. or bust... nahh cause w might win ACC tourney". Keep dreamin. Ugly losses dont mean pretty dances.

Advertisement
Miami needs to go on a run that involves wins against Unc and Duke. The FSU Cuse and Louisville losses hurt big time.

Does the season end today?
no, but its a bad hole we have dug ourselves in.

We are not on last four out line, or next four out line, we are in the next group. We need to really play well the last 13 conference games if we plan to get in. A win over UNC at home is probably a must.

*Updated Lunardi has dropped us from the group after the first four out, and next four out so at best we are currently the 12th team OUT after last 4 in.

Last edited:
Advertisement
The expectation was to be a top 4 team in a weak ACC. Just stop.
I greatly respect your many posts but he's not wrong you know... there were many posting and applauding stuff like this:
1706068812189.png

You yourself may have been more realistic, and others of course with you, but a good deal did indeed have those expectations and bashed anyone who spoke up in disagreement.

Just setting the record "straighter" with a receipt. TY.

Advertisement
Yeah I think if this team doesn't make the NCAAT (which seems like the most probable outcome at this point), it will definitely go down as a disappointment, given it returned 3 starters from a Final 4 team. That being said anyone who was suggesting this team was somehow better than last year's team or that this team could win it all was delusional as it was pretty obvious early on we didn't have the depth necessary.

I am not going to be as hard on Coach L as some of you are being, given after the last 2 overachieving seasons he has earned an underachieving season imo, but it is obvious his roster construction was fairly poor this year. Now likely this was partially due to factors out of his control (NIL, a limited number of starting positions to entice transfers), but I still find it hard to believe we couldn't attract a true PG here to at least let Pack play off-ball. We will see how he handles the coming offseason in which there will likely be a lot of movement as well (at this juncture it is very hard to gauge who stays and who leaves).

You shouldn’t be disappointed. It’s like I have been saying we don’t have the length we need and we don’t have the leadership we had. We are what we are…mediocre. At least at this point in the season, but I don’t see a huge turnaround either.

You shouldn’t be disappointed. It’s like I have been saying we don’t have the length we need and we don’t have the leadership we had. We are what we are…mediocre. At least at this point in the season, but I don’t see a huge turnaround either.
No presence in the paint

our "scramble" defense requires exceptional effort and cooperation. We do not have that this year. Combine that with our elementary school offense and well, you see what poor play looks like. Compared to last year where there was effort at both ends..............

Advertisement
Back