This Team's a Big Disappointment

A poster on a Johnnie forum I'm a member shared this video, then had this to say about Jim Larranaga. Extract from this what you will:

I know the family very well, coached three of his nephews, and Jim Larranaga has as much, if not more, energy than Pitino. Smart, smart man, I re-posted a video here from last year regarding his thoughts on NIL; IMO, very much worth listening to.

Personally, i think some of you are nuts for calling for Jim's head. Being dissappointed is one thing, but all this replace JL stuff is insane.

Advertisement
Miami was the singular most disappointing team in the entire country this year, bar none.

However, those of you saying L should be pushed out are beyond unhinged and need to be imprisoned or at least put into some sort of a home.

Not defending BC, because **** that. They did beat my Johnnies. We were all ****ed, felt like it was the ned of the world. Now they are currently sitting on 20 wins. Not a good time but certainly not as bad as advertised.

Advertisement
A poster on a Johnnie forum I'm a member shared this video, then had this to say about Jim Larranaga. Extract from this what you will:

I know the family very well, coached three of his nephews, and Jim Larranaga has as much, if not more, energy than Pitino. Smart, smart man, I re-posted a video here from last year regarding his thoughts on NIL; IMO, very much worth listening to.

Personally, i think some of you are nuts for calling for Jim's head. Being dissappointed is one thing, but all this replace JL stuff is insane.

Coming off a FF appearance, it was a disappointing and unexpected season, especially with some of the returning talent. But, that's all it was, a disappointing season.

The people melting down and calling for JL to be replaced are under the impression this program reached a different level following last season, and it clearly has not. Our floor as a program is higher than it was prior to Coach L's arrival, but it's not to point where we will finish 3rd or 4th in ACC and still make the tournament.

I am not sure that is even possible at Miami, honestly. Those schools stack talent in such a way that they replace their bigs and shooters by always being in the conversation for elite talent. We aren't going to be consistent in that way.

Coach L has battled back before, and he has earned a chance to do so again. I still think the foundation and philosophy of the program is very sound.

Advertisement
Back