This Team's a Big Disappointment

I just disagree that he shows kids the door. I could see several of them leaving on their own. That's for sure. I just don't see coach like one of those guys to push them out.
Wrong choice of words, but I do believe he will have an honest and frank discussion with quite a few players. No doubt in my mind Watson and Casey are out the door and I don't think Jim will push hard this time around for them to stay. There is something we don't know going on with both. Robinson is getting some minutes now, but I can see him moving to a mid major to get more PT. Who knows what Pack, Wooga, and Benz are going to do? George is 20 and there is enough NBA interest he might declare. I think Cleveland stays but too many kids are moving from school to school for money and to improve their situation. As it is we have 2 open scholarships and Jim needs to fill. Being under the limit has bitten him in the *** 3 years when we 3 consecutive losing seasons and it has most definitely this year with nagging injuries. At least with the 3 losing season he had an excuse with all the FBI bull****. Not so much this year.

Advertisement
Wrong choice of words, but I do believe he will have an honest and frank discussion with quite a few players. No doubt in my mind Watson and Casey are out the door and I don't think Jim will push hard this time around for them to stay. There is something we don't know going on with both. Robinson is getting some minutes now, but I can see him moving to a mid major to get more PT. Who knows what Pack, Wooga, and Benz are going to do? George is 20 and there is enough NBA interest he might declare. I think Cleveland stays but too many kids are moving from school to school for money and to improve their situation. As it is we have 2 open scholarships and Jim needs to fill. Being under the limit has bitten him in the *** 3 years when we 3 consecutive losing seasons and it has most definitely this year with nagging injuries. At least with the 3 losing season he had an excuse with all the FBI bull****. Not so much this year.
Is there really significant NIL money somewhere else for someone who has been middle of the road (Cleveland)? We talk about these guys like people are just ready to throw money at their feet.

Going off on a tangent now and forgive me, the Boozer bros. I’ve read on this board that the reason Miami won’t get them is because they’re an Adidas and not Nike school.
Does that really matter? They come from a very wealthy family, pops earned well over a $100M in the NBA and now has his post career money maker commentary gig.

Is there really significant NIL money somewhere else for someone who has been middle of the road (Cleveland)? We talk about these guys like people are just ready to throw money at their feet.

Going off on a tangent now and forgive me, the Boozer bros. I’ve read on this board that the reason Miami won’t get them is because they’re an Adidas and not Nike school.
Does that really matter? They come from a very wealthy family, pops earned well over a $100M in the NBA and now has his post career money maker commentary gig.
Unfortunately, it's not necessarily just the money that Nike throws at kids. It's their influence and connections that gives Nike so much clout in the game. At the high school and grassroots level for example, most of their athletes get put at the front of the lines for awards, national teams, all-american games, etc. If you're not on the EYBL circuit you better be a consensus top 5-10 player, if you're going to give yourself a shot at making any of the youth national teams or McDonald's All-American game.

Advertisement
It's pretty evident that there's some turmoil going on within the team. No question that there will be changes to the roster.

Yessir. Especially a loaded team maybe one piece short where a guy like Clevelland could make a critical difference.

In other words, i the situation WE were in n April 2023. Unfortunately, we couldn't take advantage and now we're at the other end of that scenario. The team that gets raided, not the team doing the raiding.

It's pretty evident that there's some turmoil going on within the team. No question that there will be changes to the roster.
Some (maybe most) of the turmoil seems to be NIL-related.... envy, PT, offensive play set-up, etc. But then there's this angle:

There is talk on some FB pages that "not ready for Prime (NBA) time" Pack may very well try another year of college to increase his status. It's been rumored he is interest in playing in the mid-west (nearer to home.) Some interesting comments suggest "for the right NIL and opportunity" he could not return to the Canes because a) things ain't so hunky dory here, and more so b) the big NIL he has recvd for 2 years is not likely to be re-offered (no $$$$ production, no Ruiz, save the money for the new or other "incoming studs" or? )

With all the talk of losing Cleveland to NIL offers elsewhere, wondering if Pack could also be a similar departure?

Advertisement
There will be others, thanks for your contributions and if leaving for more money then don’t let the door hit ya on the way out.

Some (maybe most) of the turmoil seems to be NIL-related.... envy, PT, offensive play set-up, etc. But then there's this angle:

There is talk on some FB pages that "not ready for Prime (NBA) time" Pack may very well try another year of college to increase his status. It's been rumored he is interest in playing in the mid-west (nearer to home.) Some interesting comments suggest "for the right NIL and opportunity" he could not return to the Canes because a) things ain't so hunky dory here, and more so b) the big NIL he has recvd for 2 years is not likely to be re-offered (no $$$$ production, no Ruiz, save the money for the new or other "incoming studs" or? )

With all the talk of losing Cleveland to NIL offers elsewhere, wondering if Pack could also be a similar departure?

Good, Pack and Poplar are redundant, and Cleveland doesn't quite fit the role we need him to

Have you watched the NBA in the last decade? No one plays D anymore. George has the size and skill set that NBA teams love. 6'8"+ in height who can shoot it with distance with enough ball-handling that once he gets stronger and more explosive he'll be able to get by people and to the rim. I don't see how he doesn't get a draftable grade after this team gets put out of their misery. I think from what he's shown this season to go along with his young age and potential, he can go anywhere from mid 1st round to early 2nd.
Mentioned this before, but the potential of a draft and stash will also be attractive to teams in the back of the first round

Advertisement
Any explanation from Coach L or others on this disaster of a season... this has put this program back 3 years

Not only did the players quit but the coaches quit as well. Really shocked considering Coach L typically has his team playing better as the season goes on.

Is that 10 game losing street? Jesus

Advertisement
11... and he seems pretty lackadaisical about it, like he didn't give a ****
It's a 9 game losing streak many of which were single digits even a one possession game right down to the end. I'm hoping they can make a run in the ACC Tourney as a 14 seed. They have some talent but it just hasn't worked well together. It's an embarrassing season for sure but I hope they can get it together on Monday night and make a run. I know i know biggest pipe dream ever.

I I hope they can get it together on Monday night and make a run.

Tuesday
1710061778459.png

11... and he seems pretty lackadaisical about it, like he didn't give a ****
I'll wait until the postmortem of the season before making that declaration. If they aren't aggressive in the portal when it opens later this month, we'll have our answer

Advertisement
Back