Official The OC Candidates Thread 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
My opinion on what Mario might want, just piecing various insider nuggets and bits together:

OC: Candle
Position coach of some kind: Coley
Offensive analyst: Frost

Hang up may yet be Candle wanting different assistants or maybe not wanting to share input with Frost (or vice versa) or it could be completely different and new names nobody's heard yet, and **** at this point even having just typed the above post my money is still on that lol.

Advertisement
the simpsons paddle GIF
Some Fox channel has been running through all the Simpson’s episodes. I think they do it frequently. They had some classics on yesterday. Monorail, Wacking Day, the steamed hams one.

I'll throw a different name out there: Kevin Decker, OC/QB at Fordham.

His offense this year ranked 1st in FCS for yds/gm, 2nd in total yds, 2nd in yds/play, 2nd in TDs (and on 2 fewer games than most teams).

They had the top passing offense and 23rd rushing offense. Second best on 3rd down conversions too.

He basically runs Tennessee's system.

Just hope Notre Dame doesn't give Candle a call...LMFAO

Who knows how much longer this could take?

My opinion on what Mario might want, just piecing various insider nuggets and bits together:

Hang up may yet be Candle wanting different assistants or maybe not wanting to share input with Frost (or vice versa) or it could be completely different and new names nobody's heard yet, and **** at this point even having just typed the above post my money is still on that lol.

If Steele leaves on defense I’d go after Jim Lenohard. Take a look at his defensive rankings there

Advertisement

His offense this year ranked 1st in FCS for yds/gm, 2nd in total yds, 2nd in yds/play, 2nd in TDs (and on 2 fewer games than most teams).

They had the top passing offense and 23rd rushing offense. Second best on 3rd down conversions too.

Good idea but I don’t Mario will ever want a Tennessee type offense

Honestly, any scenario whether it’s Mullen or candle as OC/QBC, and then frost and coley on staff as well is best case scenario.

I don’t think we’ll get coley (atm will - again - throw a bunch of money at him) and frost seems like wishful thinking.

Advertisement
I just don’t get it. If negotiations have gotten serious on Thursday, what’s the delay. HC negotiations don’t take this long.
Hope I’m wrong. But when things drag on, they are not going good. Look for another name to pop up soon. Followed by, Candle/ Frost were never candidates. Like I said hope I’m wrong

Advertisement
Hope I’m wrong. But when things drag on, they are not going good. Look for another name to pop up soon. Followed by, Candle/ Frost were never candidates. Like I said hope I’m wrong
If it’s not early in the week then I think it’s potentially a problem (or a blessing ya never know)

Just relaying what a few people have told me that it might be a couple of days after the signing before it’s announced

However say it was Candle but it’s not announced early in the week….then yeah something may have gone off track

A lot of speculation there I realize haha but it might I don’t think we are in “drag on” territory just yet

Honestly, any scenario whether it’s Mullen or candle as OC/QBC, and then frost and coley on staff as well is best case scenario.

I don’t think we’ll get coley (atm will - again - throw a bunch of money at him) and frost seems like wishful thinking.

While I agree for the most part, Coley has to be realizing that the Jimbo ship is taking on massive amounts of water at this point. Better to successfully leave early than vice versa.

Advertisement

A good article on Decker and the offense

A&M won't give coley a raise to keep him at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back