Official The OC Candidates Thread 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to make a Frost pun here, but I respect you too much...
Season 11 Friends GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

Advertisement
Mario keeps the off season interesting… this is usually a slow period where I don’t visit much but **** does he have me spamming this board during my downtime…

Mullen has to tell me “no” a thousand times..

Frost >candle

I just don’t like how candle looks to have plateaued as a middle of the pack offensive mind/scheme

Advertisement
Advertisement
I do think it’s kinda crazy that people have convinced themsleves that Candle is somehow a terrible pick.
I think terrible is a stretch but his recent resume isn’t one that leaves ppl jumping out of their seat with excitement. More like a steady/decent hire. It’s rightful to feel like for the salary Miami should be shooting and landing on the moon

Advertisement
I think terrible is a stretch but his recent resume isn’t one that leaves ppl jumping out of their seat with excitement. More like a steady/decent hire. It’s rightful to feel like for the salary Miami should be shooting and landing on the moon

Yeah, but it's time to be honest. People keep throwing out "2 million" as if it is some magic talisman. The reality is that many of the top "resources" schools are paying that, or are capable of paying that, or would absolutely pay that if they had to outbid a rival.

BE HONEST. The money that Miami is offering for coordinators is not providing a major competitive advantage. If the rest of the market was paying between 1 million and 2 million, and Miami offered 3 million, maybe we'd be turning some more heads.

But if we are paying 1.8 million and others are paying 1.6 million...I get it, for most of the posters on this board, an extra 200K would get their attention. But for these particular roles, that's not some huge differential that gives Miami "first pick of the litter" positioning.

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back