Spring The Mario Era begins: Spring PractiSe #1

Advertisement
That show you how far gattis thinks we are off. Haven't seen that utilized here since Curtis. The emphasis of that particular contraption is getting low in and out of your cuts so that you maximize explosion... Been said for years every last one of these boys runs far too straight up.
What's up with Worsham?

Advertisement
It's not his job to help the University. He isn't an University employee. He asked a question that likely is one a lot of people have asked. One can wonder why he chose to phrase it like that, but honestly, we are playing with semantics at that point. Players are now transferring earlier, especially QBs, who know they aren't playing anytime soon. Garcia at best may be the starter in 2023, if TVD balls out and decides to come back for another year, then he's waiting for 2024.
who are the lot of ppl that have asked that dub *** question?.

Its not his job to help the university...it aint his job to try to hurt it either. He sucks at his job either way and its nothing new BARRY.

Garcia was a true freshman last year....actually got a few reps in game. I think he preserved his shirt so he is a RS freshman....there isnt much rs freshman who are firmly entrenched as 2nd string transferring out anywhere....especially after it was a close battle between him n the starter last year.
Now next year spring it wouldve MAYBE been a solid question.

If TVD balls out...HE AINT DECIDING ON COMING BACK...he's gone.

Advertisement
who are the lot of ppl that have asked that dub *** question?.

Its not his job to help the university...it aint his job to try to hurt it either. He sucks at his job either way and its nothing new BARRY.

Garcia was a true freshman last year....actually got a few reps in game. I think he preserved his shirt so he is a RS freshman....there isnt much rs freshman who are firmly entrenched as 2nd string transferring out anywhere....especially after it was a close battle between him n the starter last year.
Now next year spring it wouldve MAYBE been a solid question.

If TVD balls out...HE AINT DECIDING ON COMING BACK...he's gone.
It isn't his job to coddle the student athletes either. He's asking a question that any highly touted QB that could potentially end up warming the bench for upwards of two more years may get asked. We are living in a world where guys who were UNQUESTIONED starters at high end schools, that have legitimate coaching are leaving to follow a specific coach, you think that Jake hasn't had it run through his mind "What happens if Jacurri comes in and passes me on the depth chart? What's my future?". "What happens if TVD has a good(not great) season and decides that he wants to run it back if we have a big year?" These questions have probably been asked by either Jake or the people around him. I'm happy to hear that he's all in on competition, but I've also heard that same quote from kids that ultimately transferred. Kids today realize that you only have so many opportunities to shine and getting as many reps on the field as possible is important, especially at QB, where only one plays at a time. People don't ask tailbacks or receivers this question for a reason.

If being asked a relevant question incorrectly causes a kid to transfer, then Miami wasn't the place for him to begin with. This isn't Tuscaloosa, where the press pool has to kiss the *** of the University in order to stay employed. I don't like our media pool, a lot of them are mediocre(at best) and lack the ability to get legitimate insight, but what Manny did wasn't all that out of the ordinary. He asked a question incorrectly, and probably torched a future source by asking it incorrectly. That's all that happened.

It isn't his job to coddle the student athletes either. He's asking a question that any highly touted QB that could potentially end up warming the bench for upwards of two more years may get asked. We are living in a world where guys who were UNQUESTIONED starters at high end schools, that have legitimate coaching are leaving to follow a specific coach, you think that Jake hasn't had it run through his mind "What happens if Jacurri comes in and passes me on the depth chart? What's my future?". "What happens if TVD has a good(not great) season and decides that he wants to run it back if we have a big year?" These questions have probably been asked by either Jake or the people around him. I'm happy to hear that he's all in on competition, but I've also heard that same quote from kids that ultimately transferred. Kids today realize that you only have so many opportunities to shine and getting as many reps on the field as possible is important, especially at QB, where only one plays at a time. People don't ask tailbacks or receivers this question for a reason.

If being asked a relevant question incorrectly causes a kid to transfer, then Miami wasn't the place for him to begin with. This isn't Tuscaloosa, where the press pool has to kiss the *** of the University in order to stay employed. I don't like our media pool, a lot of them are mediocre(at best) and lack the ability to get legitimate insight, but what Manny did wasn't all that out of the ordinary. He asked a question incorrectly, and probably torched a future source by asking it incorrectly. That's all that happened.

If he didnt ask TVD this question LAST spring then all you typed is MOOT.

Again...no one said coddle...He could of ask a question DIRECTLY about COMPETITION. If the first thing that came to mind was the TRANSFER PORTAL and why are you here...then your doing a poor job. Again dude isnt a UM fan anyw ay and likely has some sort of envy since he is a nole fan.
Realize dude COMMITTED here with the same guy he is competing with as a FRESHMAN.

I feel he did it on purpose for click bait. My opinion it wasnt a relevant question for the first day of spring practice and the 2nd semester a kid is on campus who is currently 2nd string. What is he gonna ask Jaccuri Brown this same question in week 2?. " Hey uhh..Jacurri you saw Jake throw a 45 yd bomb yesterday, what were you feeling when he did that?. Did you call your mom n say get a uhaul?."

Advertisement
he's paying homage to Bobby Harden and his onside recovery vs Michigan in 88 obviously
I was at that game. Senior year of high school at Ann Arbor Huron high. I knew I was going to Miami if I was admitted so I was fairly obnoxious to the Michigan fans during and after the game. And the next week in school. And for a long time afterwards.

Advertisement
Jack Nicholson Yes GIF

When I see Roberts listed at d end

I was going to say!

I saw a picture of him recently while practicing and he's looking cut up. & I was fully expecting him to slide inside.

No, Elijah is an edge & I'm excited about that.

It was a poorly worded question by a person who is paid to ask questions. No excuse for such a poorly worded question by a reporter. So many reporters ask so many poorly worded questions. It is as though they can't hear their own words.

I was at that game. Senior year of high school at Ann Arbor Huron high. I knew I was going to Miami if I was admitted so I was fairly obnoxious to the Michigan fans during and after the game. And the next week in school. And for a long time afterwards.
most amazing thing about that comeback is that Miami never took a timeout offensively . Steve Walsh was unreal that last quarter...

When Harden timed his leap with that onside kick, you could see our sideline explode. That's when UM had a certain mystique attached to it

I still say that 88 team was Jimmy Johnson's best coaching job because in reality, it was supposed to be a bit of a rebuilding year based on what they had lost the previous two drafts...

BTW, Huron High, I believe the great James 'Lights Out' Toney (one of my favorite boxers of the 90s) went there

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back