2023 Taeshaun Lyons, 4 Star WR Offered by Mario

26ypc to 9ypc

15.5ypc to 14.9ypc

14.2ypc to 9.7ypc

12.6ypc to 6.8ypc

Only ONE KID has improved
12.3 to 15.3

Those are 5 kids with 12ypc or better in 2021 with only 2 over 12 ypc! Show me your stats
This post is worse than Gattis in the redzone. You really did no research and put 0 thought into this post.

Advertisement
26ypc to 9ypc

15.5ypc to 14.9ypc

14.2ypc to 9.7ypc

12.6ypc to 6.8ypc

12.3 to 15.3

Those are 5 kids with 12ypc or better in 2021 with only 2 over 12 ypc! Show me your stats
I think there are different versions of explosiveness none of these guys are getting confused with Roscoe Parrish, Stacy Coley, Ahmmom Richards or even Jeff Thomas. Who would think we missed Mike Harley this much if that's all the explosive power we have.

I think there are different versions of explosiveness none of these guys are getting confused with Roscoe Parrish, Stacy Coley, Ahmmom Richards or even Jeff Thomas. Who would think we missed Mike Harley this much if that's all the explosive power we have.
Almost every one of the kids has dropped in YPC production. Since we were talking about needing elite speed, tell me how our #1 WR from 2021 only ran a 4.6. Explosive plays aren't always about ELITE 10.2 100m speed. Even 4.6 Rambo took the top off of Defenses and I can tell you we have multiple kids that are faster than Rambo. Maybe they are in the Gattis/Mario doghouse because they aren't doing it the way those two want. That doesn't mean we don't have explosive players.

Almost every one of the kids has dropped in YPC production. Since we were talking about needing elite speed, tell me how our #1 WR from 2021 only ran a 4.6. Explosive plays aren't always about ELITE 10.2 100m speed. Even 4.6 Rambo took the top off of Defenses and I can tell you we have multiple kids that are faster than Rambo. Maybe they are in the Gattis/Mario doghouse because they aren't doing it the way those two want. That doesn't mean we don't have explosive players.
I just have a different opinion on what an explosive player is. I think Rambo was just a product of the offense won more 50 50 catches then he lost not enough to get a sniff in the NFL. When Miami was good they had WR that could take screens to the house. I'm pretty confident none of the WR you listed have the moves or speed to take a short pass to the house against an average defense. Not saying they aren't good but we desperately need an explosive player or two.

Advertisement
Imo BS is the only guy that looks explosive at wr and also has acceleration. When he puts that foot in the dirt and gets north and south he looks different from the other guys. If he actually played in a real system he could be scary.
I think I just had higher expectations for Smith I was hoping he could be similar to Toney that florida had a couple years ago. I'll never forger when he eluded half the defense on one play when we played them. With as fragile as our team is we could use those kind of plays.

I think I just had higher expectations for Smith I was hoping he could be similar to Toney that florida had a couple years ago. I'll never forger when he eluded half the defense on one play when we played them. With as fragile as our team is we could use those kind of plays.
Smith is a stud he just plays in this offense lol. Go rewatch the VT game and look at all the plays he had called back. He flashed a lot. Even with the couple of punt return opportunities he had. If you put him in a real offense he’d be a monster.

Smith is a stud he just plays in this offense lol. Go rewatch the VT game and look at all the plays he had called back. He flashed a lot. Even with the couple of punt return opportunities he had. If you put him in a real offense he’d be a monster.
I look at Smith and Arroyo as the 2 offensive that if they left in the purge it would really hurt. (Don’t see Rivers as a guy who would leave)

Advertisement
Why is George in on punts instead of him

Mullen know how to use him

Imo BS is the only guy that looks explosive at wr and also has acceleration. When he puts that foot in the dirt and gets north and south he looks different from the other guys. If he actually played in a real system he could be scary.
I’d put George in that group

X is explosive without the top end speed
K Smith has top end speed, no moves, no routes

Advertisement
26ypc to 9ypc

15.5ypc to 14.9ypc

14.2ypc to 9.7ypc

12.6ypc to 6.8ypc

12.3 to 15.3

What does this prove? None of these dudes other than X separate consistently and Jacolby doesn’t catch the ball enough.

Advertisement
What does this prove? None of these dudes other than X separate consistently and Jacolby doesn’t catch the ball enough.
Chicken egg- you can be explosive and fast yet not get open when the offense you are running sucks. You can also be slow and not explosive yet get open lots(see Rambo) when the offense doesn’t.

Sure we can always want better talent. That doesn’t mean every kid on our roster sucks. Are they NFL material? not likely. Can they be good enough to win us lots of games? Yes! We aren’t going 4-8/5-7 to CFP so we better get more out of our players and that means improving the scheme, calls, progressions, and run game. A ton of that starts upfront because some of these kids have been running free while our QBs have been running for their lives.

Chicken egg- you can be explosive and fast yet not get open when the offense you are running sucks. You can also be slow and not explosive yet get open lots(see Rambo) when the offense doesn’t.

Sure we can always want better talent. That doesn’t mean every kid on our roster sucks. Are they NFL material? not likely. Can they be good enough to win us lots of games? Yes! We aren’t going 4-8/5-7 to CFP so we better get more out of our players and that means improving the scheme, calls, progressions, and run game. A ton of that starts upfront because some of these kids have been running free while our QBs have been running for their lives.

A lot of people are looking back on Rambo through the distorted lens of nostalgia and time. Rambo went to the NFL combine and posted a 4.57 40 yard dash, a 33.5 inch vertical jump, and a 118 inch broad jump. Those numbers aren't "fast" or "explosive" WR numbers. 23 WRs ran a faster 40.

Advertisement
Back