Stacy Coley

There is not another WR on the roster that can compare to this young man. When it is all said and done. Won't be many in all of CFB that will be able to match him.

If Coley doesn't reach 1000 yards this season, I will be shocked. I fully believe this young man will post back to back 1000 yards campaigns over the next 2 years.

Also think guys are low balling him on TD's. Young man posted 9 total a year ago. With 7 of those coming from the pass game. Coley will get better every year and 12 to 14 TD are what i see him doing this year. 5 of his 9 TD are all 60 plus yards and 3 others. Were from 30 plus yards.

People think Dorsett is the big play man, but Coley has already tied him in receiving TD in what action he got last year. 52 less grabs than Dorsett.

#3 is a monster at this **** man.
This guy gets it.

What Coley did last year was not normal.

I feel like they kind of held him back last year too. Feel he didn't even get enough opportunities.

Advertisement
1st team All-American w/ 61 rec 921 yrd, avg 15.1 ypc....12 TDs (9 on rec, 1 on running, 1 on KO, and 1 on PR)

I dont know we need balance to win so that means WR production will go down from the last 3-4 years where we had to chuck it 95% of the time..

I want 5K of Offense this year..

2200- 2600 on the ground means 11+ wins..with 2000 - 2500 thru the air with smart QB play move the chains, keep the clock in our favor keep the D off the field

so ..
2300 yards divided by 10 guys

Dorsett 600 yards
Coley 500 yards
Lewis 250 yards
Braxton 200 Yards
Clive 300 yards
other TEs 300 yards
Rbs 200 yards

Coley will shine with PR/KR and end arounds etc...in the end he will have close to 1200 all purpose yards 13 tds

51 rec, 900 yards, 10 TDs (total)​

Around 4 catches per game? If that happens, **** James(Coley)!!!

Duke's gotta get some touches out of the backfield
Dorsett has to get his shots downfield
Malcolm is a reliable target
Herb is probably ready to breakout
Standish and Clive have to get some touches

This isn't Texas Tech with Crabtree. We have a host of weapons and there's no reason to make one guy the primary target.

Throw it to the open guy and great things will happen.

Advertisement
51 rec, 900 yards, 10 TDs (total)​

Around 4 catches per game? If that happens, **** James(Coley)!!!

Duke's gotta get some touches out of the backfield
Dorsett has to get his shots downfield
Malcolm is a reliable target
Herb is probably ready to breakout
Standish and Clive have to get some touches

This isn't Texas Tech with Crabtree. We have a host of weapons and there's no reason to make one guy the primary target.

Throw it to the open guy and great things will happen.

Duke is the only person who should be taking touches from him. Coley stands out on a team that is loaded with weapons. Kid is future 1st rounder if not top 10 pick, he needs to get the ball

If Coley only has 500yds recieving this year then James Coley should be relieved ofhis OC duties.
I dont know we need balance to win so that means WR production will go down from the last 3-4 years where we had to chuck it 95% of the time..

2200- 2600 on the ground means 11+ wins..with 2000 - 2500 thru the air with smart QB play move the chains, keep the clock in our favor keep the D off the field

so ..

Dorsett 600 yards
Coley 500 yards
Lewis 250 yards
Braxton 200 Yards
Clive 300 yards
other TEs 300 yards
Rbs 200 yards

Coley will shine with PR/KR and end arounds etc...in the end he will have close to 1200 all purpose yards 13 tds

If Coley only has 500yds recieving this year then James Coley should be relieved ofhis OC duties.

so ..

Dorsett 600 yards
Coley 500 yards
Lewis 250 yards
Braxton 200 Yards
Clive 300 yards
other TEs 300 yards
Rbs 200 yards

[video=youtube;irKxtVOymXY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irKxtVOymXY[/video]

Advertisement
Before we call him the next Jerry Rice, I'd like to remind the delegation that Coley was largely invisible for much of last season. Aside from Pitt and USF he did not have an impact on many other games. One play against VT and UVA isn't going to cut it.

73 Receptions
1157 Yards
14 TD

2109 All purpose yards
29 Total TD
a heismans

Coley is explosive but dont think he goes over a 1K yards this year.

golden has already said that he plans to run the ball alot this season. I think it will be 60-40 run to pass ratio.

Advertisement
Before we call him the next Jerry Rice, I'd like to remind the delegation that Coley was largely invisible for much of last season. Aside from Pitt and USF he did not have an impact on many other games. One play against VT and UVA isn't going to cut it.

He also played with a QB that locked on to his first read and didn't give receivers a lot chances to catch in stride and run.

If we get consistent QB play he will be our top WR and have a big year.

so ..

Dorsett 600 yards
Coley 500 yards
Lewis 250 yards
Braxton 200 Yards
Clive 300 yards
other TEs 300 yards
Rbs 200 yards

He does not need 1500 yards to help us... we need a running game not 3000+ yards in the air again

Advertisement

so ..

Dorsett 600 yards
Coley 500 yards
Lewis 250 yards
Braxton 200 Yards
Clive 300 yards
other TEs 300 yards
Rbs 200 yards

He does not need 1500 yards to help us... we need a running game not 3000+ yards in the air again

Imo if we throw less than 3500 this season. Then the offense failed... if we can get 3500 thru the air 2000+ on the ground then we will have success. I think Coley will have have close to or more than a 1000 yds receiving (15+ all purpose) I think 1 more receiver will be close to a 1000 too like how Pittsburgh had with street and Boyd last season. Duke is the X Factor I can see him easily hit 1400 rushing if healthy with gus and yearby around the 300 to 600 mark.... i believe the TE's will have majority of the td's followed by Dorsett (deep balls) then coley

He also played with a QB that locked on to his first read and didn't give receivers a lot chances to catch in stride and run.

Thats a big **** "if"

Thats a big **** "if"

Don't mess with my cool-aid induced optimism.

There's talent there, someone has to take the job and run with it, right?

so ..

Dorsett 600 yards
Coley 500 yards
Lewis 250 yards
Braxton 200 Yards
Clive 300 yards
other TEs 300 yards
Rbs 200 yards

Imo if we throw less than 3500 this season. Then the offense failed... if we can get 3500 thru the air 2000+ on the ground then we will have success. I think Coley will have have close to or more than a 1000 yds receiving (15+ all purpose) I think 1 more receiver will be close to a 1000 too like how Pittsburgh had with street and Boyd last season. Duke is the X Factor I can see him easily hit 1400 rushing if healthy with gus and yearby around the 300 to 600 mark.... i believe the TE's will have majority of the td's followed by Dorsett (deep balls) then coley

Agreed. Would say though most likely Coley with most TDs for receivers. Feel like Dobard really gonna blow up this year. Dorsett will have most deep balls and best average per catch.

Think for yards Coley, Dorsett or Waters and Lewis.

TDs would say Coley, Waters, Dorsett or Lewis.

Catches would say Coley, Lewis, Waters or Dorsett

Average yards per catch would say Dorsett, Coley, Waters and Lewis

Main rotation of 4 IMO. With Coley really leading the way.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back