STA King Mack Hits the Portal.

Advertisement
@JamesQuall

Yeah, I’m snitching now too
80s mcdonalds GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
@Memnon @gogeta4 @Lance Roffers you guys are the guys I trust when it comes to DBs.

Not saying Mack is bad... he had a pretty good PFF coverage grade in his limited 70 snaps he took this year.

But for the life of me I dont know why the staff didnt give Ant Johnson a serious look or focuses instead on a db that had more production.

Heck I would take a Terrence Brooks and slide Meesh Powell to safety than having this kid come in with such limited production/ experience. Feels like a reach with lots of unknowns when we could have had a slew of options that are proven.

Fair, but we have no idea if Mangham was even interested in us. Mack is local, knows the staff well and can play Nickel, which we need if Meesh is moving back to safety. Doesn't hurt that we'd have him for at least another two years as well.

Reading through some projected Penn St. depth charts from spring and he had risen to the #2 Nickel spot behind a returning upperclassman rotational DB in Zak Wheatley.

I assumed his local ties had something to do with it. If he's truly an option at nickel then I see the reasoning for the take. However, if he's being looked at for Safety then I'm not understanding the add with Patterson there along with Mangham being much better. There's been no news that he's not interested in us either. So, can't assume that either way.

Advertisement
@Memnon @gogeta4 @Lance Roffers you guys are the guys I trust when it comes to DBs.

Not saying Mack is bad... he had a pretty good PFF coverage grade in his limited 70 snaps he took this year.

But for the life of me I dont know why the staff didnt give Ant Johnson a serious look or focuses instead on a db that had more production.

Heck I would take a Terrence Brooks and slide Meesh Powell to safety than having this kid come in with such limited production/ experience. Feels like a reach with lots of unknowns when we could have had a slew of options that are proven.
He returned to school meaning he likely had trouble trying to transfer credits or had some off field stuff come up.

Deboer is known for his offenses. Bama is not going to be the same without Saban. At least on defense.
This is legit true it’s not the same offer anymore people forget that. It’s like Coker offering after Butch. Probably not as bad (cause the hype and rankings are different compared to then) but definitely not the same as a Nick Saban DB offer.

Advertisement
So who was gaby talking about other day when he said “ we not done yet “ ?? Assuming ponds ?

This is legit true it’s not the same offer anymore people forget that. It’s like Coker offering after Butch. Probably not as bad (cause the hype and rankings are different compared to then) but definitely not the same as a Nick Saban DB offer.

Indeed. I would definitely put Deboer above Coker and believe he's a really good coach. However, his expertise is on the offensive side. You add that to the new environment of college football where everyone is able to pay players above the table then Alabama has a lot less leverage and appeal.

Aside from the familiarity, one would have to assume Miami/Mario did all the legwork and decided to go down this path for a reason.

He's a strong athlete at the very least, let's see if we close.

Indeed. I would definitely put Deboer above Coker and believe he's a really good coach. However, his expertise is on the offensive side. You add that to the new environment of college football where everyone is able to pay players above the table then Alabama has a lot less leverage and appeal.
Yea at first they will still be good. The Saban effect won’t hit them till two to three years down the road.

Advertisement
Back