Official Spring PractiSe #9: Saturday, April 1

@Problem2 Them Gore bumps will be legendary.

Write That Down Rose Mciver GIF by CBS

Advertisement
Heisman trophy winner last year was a transfer. I dunno. Maybe just misunderstood or it was hyperbole.

Our best players the last few years have routinely been transfers.

And this year if you wanted a QB, according to 247, your best bet was the dude from NC State. Who wasn’t even good enough to just go to the NFL. Or Hartman from Wake. Is anybody convinced Hartman isn’t a pure system QB?

And this year if you wanted a QB, according to 247, your best bet was the dude from NC State. Who wasn’t even good enough to just go to the NFL. Or Hartman from Wake. Is anybody convinced Hartman isn’t a pure system QB?
I know I have absolutely zero percent chance of pushing you off of your absurd take

So I will just say “alright pal” and move along

Advertisement
Don’t forget the “come back and stick it to Miami” part of that.

Was it HB Blades that tortured Miami while at Pitt? Who can forget Yasir Abdullah going sideline to sideline and almost pulling one off for Louisville.

You can go on for days with this ****.
I don’t know the details of his recruitment, but how Lavonte David did not end up a Cane out of high school and then after junior college when Miami signed about 7394893 of his teammates and a lot of his friends still makes me sick.

Advertisement
I don’t know the details of his recruitment, but how Lavonte David did not end up a Cane out of high school and then after junior college when Miami signed about 7394893 of his teammates and a lot of his friends still makes me sick.
Lavonte David was not highly recruited coming out of high school. I think he was only 2-3 star according to most publications. Honestly, I don't even know if he was on Miami's radar, or most schools for that matter. Spence and Fortson were the aces on defense of that class and we landed both of them. I don't even remember any posters that follow the program more closely than most of us saying we should recruit him during that recruitment cycle. Maybe some of them did.

Obviously, he turned out to be a stud in college and NFL, but I don't think any school expected that. I don't blame Miami for missing on him.

Lavonte David was not highly recruited coming out of high school. I think he was only 2-3 star according to most publications. Honestly, I don't even know if he was on Miami's radar, or most schools for that matter. Spence and Fortson were the aces on defense of that class and we landed both of them. I don't even remember any posters that follow the program more closely than most of us saying we should recruit him during that recruitment cycle. Maybe some of them did.

Obviously, he turned out to be a stud in college and NFL, but I don't think any school expected that. I don't blame Miami for missing on him.
Wasn’t Marcus Forston actually a 5 star or close???

Advertisement
Depends on your benchmark. Right now, the only kid that would start on a Butch team is Kinchens. So how do you define "not that bad"?

Messidor is Roche level, Harvey and Chatz are not even Trent Harris level. Taylor is a decent DT but has yet to live up to Willis or McIntosh levels much less the expectations we have of him. JHH flashed but completely disappears.

We'll be ecstatic if Cisco in Shaq level. Our second LB is probably Wes, maybe he takes a big step but it's still TBD, no idea who to compare him to. Keontra has done nothing to date and Flagg is Romeo Davis.

Our two best CBs are transfers, and we'll be super happy if Brown + Robert deliver a Michael Jackson + Trajan Bandy type season. Kinchens is an Alpha. Maybe Markeith can be that guy or Guidry figures out how to use JW well. But those are question marks right now.

My comparisons were all of players on defenses that produced 8 to 10 wins, and collectively they're unfavorable. Now, could they get better between now and September? Sure. But let's not get too excited by unrealized potential.
It all starts up front though. So you can't compare the back seven players without controlling for the same front four.

This entire line of reasoning is flawed.

Advertisement
It doesn’t matter where we line him up or whatever his exact height is. He’s a playmaker. And that’s exactly what he’ll do here day 1.
Normally I would say it matters but Bain seems to have an explosive first step and explosive strength. Hes not a typical small guy he has extreme gifts.

Advertisement
Back