Spring Spring PractiSe #5

It sucks to hear about the struggles that Brashard Smith has had catching the ball. I'm not too concerned though. True growth only comes through struggle and Brashard will figure it out. He just needs to attack his weaknesses and keep working through it. Brashard is still very young and I look for him to make a lot of plays for us over the next 2-3 years.

Advertisement
Mallory is out for the entire Spring with a shoulder injury per the Miami Herald.
No Way Reaction GIF by Laff

Really looking forward to seeing what Arroyo can do. I truly didn't understand why Field and Lashlee didn't gradually give him more snaps last season. He looked great out there.

My only concern about Mallory is he stays in top form while out. This is his money year and he really needs to not only catch well but be able to play in line when needed.

What a difference a new staff and off-season makes. It's only been 3 months since Mario took over.

Advertisement
Fans are always hyper-reactionary.

They think if you’re not playing in the Spring you’ll never see the field again lol.

A bunch of guys are getting reps now because we have over a dozen guys out this Spring.

People do this every year, they completely forget that reps & depth charts reset come August.
Exactly, it isn't like everyone shouldn't know what Mallory brings to the program, and will again in the Fall.
Sure, he wants, like us all, to take another huge step forward this year... but we know the baseline of what he will provide

Now u see the people who really had an agenda. I told y'all from day 1 that ain't it.
You did. And I’ve always respected that. What most of us mortals didn’t know was just how much dysfunction was going on in our beloved program. We thought that our problems had to be a lack of talent, then it had to be bad coaching, then it had to be scheme. then it was talent again, then coRching again, then it was the mean ol Miami fans, then it was scheme again….. etc, etc. We’d make changes, and the same **** would continue. What we fans didn’t realize was how bad the CULTURE was at this U. From the top on down. Dysfunctional at its core. We were trying to win in modern day football, with a 1985 approach to foundation. Not gonna work when the bamas and ugas of the world are playing a much different game. Chess vs. checkers. And You don’t have to guess, who is playing checkers. It’s a wonder we won as many games as we did. Thank God we got adults running ****, now. Thanks for pointing out the bullshyt when you saw it. Now let’s gets this train back on track.

Advertisement
You did. And I’ve always respected that. What most of us mortals didn’t know was just how much dysfunction was going on in our beloved program. We thought that our problems had to be a lack of talent, then it had to be bad coaching, then it had to be scheme. then it was talent again, then coRching again, then it was the mean ol Miami fans, then it was scheme again….. etc, etc. We’d make changes, and the same **** would continue. What we fans didn’t realize was how bad the CULTURE was at this U. From the top on down. Dysfunctional at its core. We were trying to win in modern day football, with a 1985 approach to foundation. Not gonna work when the bamas and ugas of the world are playing a much different game. Chess vs. checkers. And You don’t have to guess, who is playing checkers. It’s a wonder we won as many games as we did. Thank God we got adults running ****, now. Thanks for pointing out the bullshyt when you saw it. Now let’s gets this train back on track.
As always....I backed him 100%....I tried telling people, Listen to @Brooklyndee and of course I took immediate backlash from all the Manny Nut-huggers.....THIS is one of MANY examples why I listen to him....

Advertisement
Love Key Smiff but guys like AR don’t give you vibes or look like they might. They just dominate from the first snap. It is unfair to expect AR type gamebreaking plays out of Key. He can be good and dependable but I don’t expect wow out of him. Jacolby and Romello though….
AR was next level and those types don't come around but so often....

There's a reason he holds the Freshman Receiving record...a record that stood for 30+ years.

Won't take 30 years to break it again in today's college football uptempo offense driven culture, but the kid that does it will immediately make it known that he's next up.

Brook isn’t an *******. I love Sapp the player but his personality isn’t his strength.
I don't know him but my impression is he's one of the biggest ******** ever. Just seems to be a very negative person.

Advertisement
Just saw the news about Kevin Smith confirming that we will be running a bro-style offense (from 2 days ago). Why you have to do this to me Mario?
I get its a joke, but what is a pro-style offense nowadays? Does it look like the Rams? Bucs? Pats? The pro style of today is wide open and not the old power I of 20 years ago...

Advertisement
Back