Spring Spring PractiSe 15: Spring Game!!!!!!!

We were also a few plays away from being a 3 win team if we're being honest... Our defense was horrendous, if we didn't have a QB playing like a 1st round pick we probably only win 5 games last season. Team has a lot of holes, our front 7 is the size of a G5 school and that's being generous man. Our WR1 is X, who would be a WR3 on a good team. We're breaking in a new offense that's a lot more run heavy and Pro Style then with Lashlee, these things take time.
Nobody thinks we're a championship level team. Those are just excuses as nearly every team on our schedule outside of TamU and Clemson has worse issues. Less I remind you, we have more Blue Chip athletes than any other ACC team except Clemson. UNC likely close. Who's going to beat us or who is better than us right now?

Secondly, I completely disagree on WR. You have no basis for the statement of not having a #1 WR. Outside of Restrepo, our WR haven't played a whole bunch. I broke down the WR production from 2021 in another post. Basically, Harley and Rambo accounted for 80% of the WR production at around 1,750 yards combined. I think the production at WR will be the same or better. It's just going to happen with 4-5 WRs. Just because most of the WRs are young doesn't mean we don't have playmakers. We just haven't seen them yet.

I'm not like other fans who want to treat the roster like an NFL team. This is college football. Develop your roster. If you're constantly in the portal getting experienced players, then you're young players never gain experience. How does that portal player have experience? He played and started as a young player.

Last edited:
Advertisement
You are such a Deerfield homer it’s incredible.

Oh No What GIF by Identity

Who's going to beat us?
Texas AM
Pitt
Clemson
Virginia
Virginia Tech

These are 5 Games that can go either way, Pitt was ACC Champs. Virginia is bringing back one of the best offenses in the ACC, North Carolina has been stacking Top 15 classes for about 3 years now. Virginia Tech always is a thorn in our side. We honestly haven't proven nothing on the field. Until we have proven we can beat these ACC teams consistently then we need to stop writing them off as easy wins, we literally do it every off-season. We give the New HCs these unrealistic Year 1 expectations and when we don't go at worst 10-2, we want heads to roll. So until we start winning consistently I'm not writing off any ACC team other then maybe Duke or GT.

Advertisement
Texas AM
Pitt
Clemson
Virginia
Virginia Tech

These are 5 Games that can go either way, Pitt was ACC Champs. Virginia is bringing back one of the best offenses in the ACC, North Carolina has been stacking Top 15 classes for about 3 years now. Virginia Tech always is a thorn in our side. We honestly haven't proven nothing on the field. Until we have proven we can beat these ACC teams consistently then we need to stop writing them off as easy wins, we literally do it every off-season. We give the New HCs these unrealistic Year 1 expectations and when we don't go at worst 10-2, we want heads to roll. So until we start winning consistently I'm not writing off any ACC team other then maybe Duke or GT.
Nobody is writing teams off. This is about expectations to win. What you described is a 7-5 expectation and that's fine. That's your expectation. You're trying to muddle it up with iffs and buts making excuses. Don't those teams have the same excuses?

UNC - new QB. Playing UM on the road. Only 1 good WR. Terrible OL.
VT - new QB. New coaching staff.
UVA - new coaching staff.
Pitt - new QB. Lost a lot of seniors. Playing Miami on the road.

So, all these teams have their own issues the same or worse than Miami. I don't subscribe to the Manny Diaz mindset of needing far superior talent to beat mediocre opponents. At some point, you have to win the games your supposed to win and then win some of the games you aren't expected to win.

Nobody thinks we're a championship level team. Those are just excuses as nearly every team on our schedule outside of TamU and Clemson has worse issues. Less I remind you, we have more Blue Chip athletes than any other ACC team except Clemson. UNC likely close. Who's going to beat us or who is better than us right now?

Secondly, I completely disagree on WR. You have no basis for the statement of not having a #1 WR. Outside of Restrepo, our WR haven't played a whole bunch. I broke down the WR production from 2021 in another post. Basically, Harley and Rambo accounted for 80% of the WR production at around 1,750 yards combined. I think the production at WR will be the same or better. It's just going to happen with 4-5 WRs. Just because most of the WRs are young doesn't mean we don't have playmakers. We just haven't seen them yet.

I'm not like other fans who want to treat the roster like an NFL team. This is college football. Develop your roster. If you're constantly in the portal getting experienced players, then you're young players never gain experience. How does that portal player have experience? He played and started as a young player.
Yeah your right, develop your roster. Development takes time, you're expecting it to happen immediately and be a 10 win team from the jump.

Advertisement
Texas AM
Pitt
Clemson
Virginia
Virginia Tech

Regarding Pitt, they were ACC champions in 2021. That was last year. It's just funny to me how nobody including the people that calculated Pitt to be 47% chance to win the Coastal in 2022 and Miami is at 22%. I get Miami having low odds. We've only won the Coastal once.

However, Pitt has only beaten Maimi once in the last 5 years. We beat them at their place last year when they had Kenny Pickett and we had Manny Diaz. So, they couldn't eat us with their 1st round QB at their place, but you think they're coming into Hard Rock and leaving with a win.

You have Pitt beating us at our place when they have a new QB, a new OC and new offense. The last 2 times Pitt played at Hard Rock, the scores were 31-19 and 24-3 in favor of UM.

In fact Pitt has only beaten Miami twice in the past 24 years (2017, 2014). Let that marinade.

Yeah your right, develop your roster. Development takes time, you're expecting it to happen immediately and be a 10 win team from the jump.
No. You're missing my point. What I'm saying is that what we have right now is better than most of our opponents. They have just as many holes if not more and with less talent.

However, as we all know, talent doesn't equal wins. It's up to the new staff to change that narrative.

Advertisement
Check receipts later, but we will win 10 games this year.

It may take us the bowl game to get there, but with our schedule, this QB and this staff, I believe we win 10. It's as much of testament to the erosion of the ACC as it is on the improvements in our program. Plus, I believe we will add 1-2 starters at LB from the portal and 1-2 starters at DE from the portal. If those things happen, and I believe they will, we will grind out 10 wins.

I guess we'll see.

You are such a Deerfield homer it’s incredible.
WTF does Deerfield have to do with my opinion on Thad, you goof?

To completely disprove this nonsense spewing from your meat sucking lips, go look at what I've been saying about Couch.
He's from the same school as Thad and I've been loving him up all spring.
Meanwhile I'm sitting here saying that Rooster needs to work on his patience and vision. (been saying it)

Come here lil' boy...turn around...
GIF by Desus & Mero

GTFOH!

i know he coaches there and knows them which is fine and cool but saying thad aint it, is bogus
That's my opinion. What's the problem?

You disagree? Then disagree like a grown up.
When you say dumb **** like "you're such a Deerfield homer it's ridiculous" because you don't like my opinion on one player, you sound like an emotional female.

WTF my opinion on one player gotta do with the school I coached at last year?
YOu goofy. LOL

Advertisement
What did you guys think of McLaughlin? I was a little disappointed with his play, getting bullied by Moss multiple times. I know it takes time for OL to develop, but I thought maybe he'd be further along.

Advertisement
Back