Official Spring PractiSe #11: Thursday, April 6

Kevin Beard added a wrinkle to a WR drill. Threw a pad at the receivers as they were making a catch to simulate contact... The only receiver who seemed to have an issue with a catchable ball was RayRay...

Kevin can't cover them like the last guy though.

FootballPracticejl100165.jpg

Advertisement
Still a bit surreal as a Dolphins/Canes fan watching post practice interviews with Jason Taylor
one thing I am not taking for granted. HOF position coach is absurd. I know Addae is controversial, and Nicholson is a Nole, but those guys feel more like Mario type of guys than Rod Wright and DVD. I did think Steele and Strong were prototype Mario assistants as well.

if addae does not get a 5* or high 4* non-FL CB(s) I expect him to be eventually gone though. He sounded more talkative and honest than last year in his interview.

Disclaimer: I am an recovering off-season kool aid drinker who cannot stop seeing sunshine until regular season week 4 at a minimum.

Last edited:
Think it’s fair to start worrying about this defense? Feels like we hear they are getting shredded every practice. And yes, I know we are missing a bunch of DL, but typically a defense is much further along than an offense in the spring.
The whole “defense is further along thing” is a load of bull**** preached to us by decades of bro style coaches to defend their ****** offenses that got dominated every practice

Advertisement
Advertisement
The whole “defense is further along thing” is a load of bull**** preached to us by decades of bro style coaches to defend their ****** offenses that got dominated every practice

I've always believed that defenses have it easier in the first couple weeks of camp. Are you saying that's no longer a good rule of thumb? ... Also, it is not out of the question that our offense is good while at the same time our defense is bad. Which is essentially what I believe to be the case.

p.s. even if we accept the offense is good, that doesn't mean we don't need a WR1, OT, backup QB and backup RB in the portal. Because the quality of our depth is paper thin.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back