Slow News Day: What does FSU got these boys wearing?!?! Lol

Advertisement
Who gives a **** what they wear, those ******s just won a MNC and we haven't won the ******* Coastal (don't gimme that bs we won it but forfeited excuse)

This makes sense. I had heard rumblings that FSU requested their National Championship rings be modified into belly button rings.

Aren't those heart rate/vitals monitors? Not sure why they had to make them look like sports bras.

because that's how they work. they squeeze against your upper chest to feel your heart. the only reason they'd go farther down is aesthetics which is useless and would only add a layer of useless fabric.

While we laugh at them…they are busy using a system that is so sophisticated that Swasey wouldn't even be able to turn it on. This system allowed Rashad Green, in his own words, to be 100% fresh for every game last year. It was able to tell their data analysts that his work load was too big on Wed/Thurs, so the coaches lightened it. The result was a batter player on Saturdays. They also avoided, as a team, a tremendous amount of soft tissue injuries because of it.

I'm not one to immediately discount this stuff (although this version looks beyond fruity) but sometimes people exaggerate the effectiveness of new technology. Oregon is always leading with this stuff and they have as many NC football trophies in their case as FIU.

Right…but FSU has been doing this for over a year, whipped our *** last year, and won the national championship. So…not sure I see your point. Stuff sometimes takes trial and error. This trend seems to be catching on--for the schools that can afford it--quite pricey.

Advertisement
While we laugh at them…they are busy using a system that is so sophisticated that Swasey wouldn't even be able to turn it on. This system allowed Rashad Green, in his own words, to be 100% fresh for every game last year. It was able to tell their data analysts that his work load was too big on Wed/Thurs, so the coaches lightened it. The result was a batter player on Saturdays. They also avoided, as a team, a tremendous amount of soft tissue injuries because of it.

I'm not one to immediately discount this stuff (although this version looks beyond fruity) but sometimes people exaggerate the effectiveness of new technology. Oregon is always leading with this stuff and they have as many NC football trophies in their case as FIU.

eh, kind of. I mean, sure, they don't have trophies but you're fooling yourself if you don't think all this branding/technology/$ into infrastructure hasn't catapulted them into the top tier of CFB the past ~10 years.

Partially. I'm thinking no real budgetary constraints along with hitting on a good head coach combined with some questionable recruiting tactics played a bigger role than any John Brenkus Sport Science type training diagnostics.

Look at Rocky IV. Drago had all this stuff too. He still lost.

Big Data is one of the things that many companies out there are trying to harness…not only how to collect relevant data (accurately and quickly), but how to apply it. This is no different.

471.jpg

"Take that munkey **** off, u embarrassin us" - Pimp C

Right…but FSU has been doing this for over a year, whipped our *** last year, and won the national championship. So…not sure I see your point. Stuff sometimes takes trial and error. This trend seems to be catching on--for the schools that can afford it--quite pricey.

Like I said, I'm not discounting that it has value. I just think sometimes people exaggerate the effects-especially on the college level where the differential in actual developed talent can be extreme. Not hating on science or innovation here but I just don't like when the science nerds try to act like it's more than a small piece of the overall pie. Recruiting trumps everthing at this level- even x's and o's.

Advertisement
Advertisement
it's the next level of training fwiw
http://www.catapultsports.com/united-states/clients/
[video=youtube;kjfti4Um14I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjfti4Um14I[/video]

Didn't watch the whole thing but I noticed some of the Bills were wearing normal shirts not bras. Why did they have to go with the women's track team version of this high tech monitoring system?

The ones FSU are wearing is more cutting edge technology. The company works with FSU and tow former Nasa Rocket Scientist to test new methods and equipment then they offer it to other teams. The harness that the FSU players are wearing not only have GPS but also have heart, temperature, moisture monitors, etc. Any the FSU model also has a wireless data link so the information is being analyzed real time by the scientists at practice to provide an preliminary analysis with more detailed reports being provided after practice.

There was a thread about this on here a few weeks back and ESPN did a special segment about it.
http://www.canesinsight.com/threads/76049-Has-anyone-read-this-article-about-FSU-and-GPS-technology

If Miami had this equipment then UM offensive linemen Hunter Knighton wouldn't have suffered a heart stroke last year from which he is still recovering to some degree. Say what ya'll want about how it looks but that is some bad *** technology that definitely works.

Go Canes

Lol at the 305 crew in Tallahassee, I don't care what u win, u gotta feel like an *** clown sometimes

There's one thing to be slow played like freeman and not have a choice but to actively go there from down here takes a special breed of bird

Last edited:
how the fvck did i get negged for explaining how the equipment works? lmfao u people are the biggest f4ggots man I'm telling ya

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back