Slow News Day: What does FSU got these boys wearing?!?! Lol

Advertisement
471.jpg

475.jpg

While we laugh at them…they are busy using a system that is so sophisticated that Swasey wouldn't even be able to turn it on. This system allowed Rashad Green, in his own words, to be 100% fresh for every game last year. It was able to tell their data analysts that his work load was too big on Wed/Thurs, so the coaches lightened it. The result was a batter player on Saturdays. They also avoided, as a team, a tremendous amount of soft tissue injuries because of it.

I'm not one to immediately discount this stuff (although this version looks beyond fruity) but sometimes people exaggerate the effectiveness of new technology. Oregon is always leading with this stuff and they have as many NC football trophies in their case as FIU.

While we laugh at them…they are busy using a system that is so sophisticated that Swasey wouldn't even be able to turn it on. This system allowed Rashad Green, in his own words, to be 100% fresh for every game last year. It was able to tell their data analysts that his work load was too big on Wed/Thurs, so the coaches lightened it. The result was a batter player on Saturdays. They also avoided, as a team, a tremendous amount of soft tissue injuries because of it.

I'm not one to immediately discount this stuff (although this version looks beyond fruity) but sometimes people exaggerate the effectiveness of new technology. Oregon is always leading with this stuff and they have as many NC football trophies in their case as FIU.

Yep, Classic!

Also, in my neck of the woods, VT folks spout similar stuff.

Advertisement

Horrible example. They do have, in a tougher conference, more division, conference, and BCS wins than Miami in the past decade. More BCS title game appearances, too. By any measure except titles, they've been one of the most successful programs since the new millennia.

And. It's. *******. Oregon!!! They shouldn't even be a top 25 team.

Last edited:

Horrible example. They do have, in a tougher conference, more division, conference, and BCS wins than Miami in the past decade. More BCS title game appearances, too. By any measure except titles, they've been one of the most successful programs since the new millennia.

And. It's. *******. Oregon!!! They shouldn't even be a top 25 team.

So by every measure except the only one that matters...

(I get your point.)

Advertisement
And Boarcane, Cyber, you enthusiastic proponents of technologically advanced brassieres and bustiers...Why aren't the Bills players wearing the same string bikini tops that the trio of FSU cheerleaders are sporting?

Y'all be soundin' like SFBay up in here, drooling over anything Nole.

Last edited:

And. It's. ****ing. Oregon!!! They shouldn't even be a top 25 team.

They're a wholly owned subsidiary of Nike. There's no reason they shouldn't have been relevant/successful after Paul Dee crippled USC. I'm not going to chalk that up to "innovations" like a FuelBand that goes over your nipples instead of on your wrist.

I want to win NCs, but I might draw the line at Canes in bras. Put whatever it is in a full shirt or something. Cook looks like "I can't believe I am standing next to these lollipops!" Almost feel sorry for him, but since he is a criminole, he deserves it. BUT they better be careful around Winston. His eyesight is bad and he might take them as girls. We all know that could end badly.

Advertisement

eh, kind of. I mean, sure, they don't have trophies but you're fooling yourself if you don't think all this branding/technology/$ into infrastructure hasn't catapulted them into the top tier of CFB the past ~10 years.

Advertisement

eh, kind of. I mean, sure, they don't have trophies but you're fooling yourself if you don't think all this branding/technology/$ into infrastructure hasn't catapulted them into the top tier of CFB the past ~10 years.

Partially. I'm thinking no real budgetary constraints along with hitting on a good head coach combined with some questionable recruiting tactics played a bigger role than any John Brenkus Sport Science type training diagnostics.

Look at Rocky IV. Drago had all this stuff too. He still lost.

Partially. I'm thinking no real budgetary constraints along with hitting on a good head coach combined with some questionable recruiting tactics played a bigger role than any John Brenkus Sport Science type training diagnostics.

Look at Rocky IV. Drago had all this stuff too. He still lost.

I agree in that coaching and money lend more to winning but I am not discounting the advancement player health/performance analytics in terms of on-field performance. Chip Kelly has always been at the forefront of this stuff. Whether or not it has a direct on-field performance is debateable but it certainly is interesting and a new way of thinking.

Some cool stuff:

http://www.digitaltrends.com/sports...ing-the-philadelphia-eagles-training/#!boPcwH

Advertisement
Back