Seriously, 2015 class

Now with JJ committed that puts us with 22 in this class ( not including Walton). Coach Al said he was expecting prob 26 in this class only leaving us with 3-4 more spots to fill if walton stays in 2016. I know we're in quite a few "top 5 list". Whose gonna take those spots? And who would get cut off if we wanted to make more room?

Attrition my friend miami recruiting is back.

Advertisement
Now with JJ committed that puts us with 22 in this class ( not including Walton). Coach Al said he was expecting prob 26 in this class only leaving us with 3-4 more spots to fill if walton stays in 2016. I know we're in quite a few "top 5 list". Whose gonna take those spots? And who would get cut off if we wanted to make more room?

Better to be in this position than being short. I don't like the distribution of spots, but at least we have some pretty good local kids. As long as bridges are not burned with some of the schools if we let someone go, I am ok with this. Long way to go, but off to a decent start and becoming good again.

we just lost a few guys who left the program. Blue, Figs, Dortch.

we need a few Dt's tho.

Better to be in this position than being short. I don't like the distribution of spots, but at least we have some pretty good local kids. As long as bridges are not burned with some of the schools if we let someone go, I am ok with this. Long way to go, but off to a decent start and becoming good again.

We're in the running for more big time guys. Couple of them being local. someone as to be odd man or men out

Still need Cole, Irvin, 1-2 other CBs, merrick, milo, a couple dlineman, te/h back, and lb. Plus wed take ridley, gibson, sbb, coney if theg want to come. I dont see how we cant push some ppl out.

Advertisement
Not worried about how many but who is committed
U should be worried about how many, first of all were on scholarship reductions. And secondly if we go over how much we originally wanted and not enough players leave naturally (graduation/transfer or whatever) then it will cut into the 2016 class, which is already loaded, but could be the best class in over a decade...

Who's complaining? I'm just wondering how the staff will manage this. I want our team to be successful. The commits are great. It's just wild how on fire we've been.

If we get any more High Caliber OL who will we not take? WR will be the same question?

Advertisement
I was in contact with someone close to UM a few years back when Golden first came in and it was said that Golden loves closing his class early. Similar to Mack Brown who used his time wisely for the following year. Trust if this class is done early look for 2016 class to be crazy good and 2017 to be very very good. But look for a lot of attrition 2016 where OL will be out the door and a few of the DT's we have. This can be confirmed by those who are more in the know but I heard we have like five huge DT's looking to commit before February.

For me I think we have to WIN to get the quality and not focus on quantity.

I was in contact with someone close to UM a few years back when Golden first came in and it was said that Golden loves closing his class early. Similar to Mack Brown who used his time wisely for the following year. Trust if this class is done early look for 2016 class to be crazy good and 2017 to be very very good. But look for a lot of attrition 2016 where OL will be out the door and a few of the DT's we have. This can be confirmed by those who are more in the know but I heard we have like five huge DT's looking to commit before February.

Did you say DT's? I'm all EARS!

And I agree.

Advertisement

Tick tock

Yeah we should focus on quality, but in case you haven't noticed we just have too many that aren't quality. And that's where quantity plays a role.its looking like we're only gunna have about 5 schollies reduced this year which leaves 4 left. Plus we're are taking a full class. We don't have all the quality guys that we want yet like Irvin, Milo, Merrill, Ridley, Peete, SBB, Cole, Davis, Stowbridge, and a few more. The prob is we already are at 22... The lesser quality guys gotta go, especially the OL and WR. I don't want to **** up the 2016 WR haul because we are bringing in too many 2015 guys, who aren't even as good. Ideally for me we only get Ridley, Peete and either gorier or chatman (3 max).

5 huge DTs,are you sure it wasn't 5 huge WRs you heard.

Advertisement
Honestly let's ride with the young men we have now. I get frustrated when "top recruits" commit elsewhere and then at the last minute decide to flip to us, and we might be faced with the possibility of having to force a young man out who committed to us early and wants to be a Cane. Let's ride with the Duke Johnsons of the world who commit early and never waver, and all they want to do is put their hometown team, and their city back on the map. If you look at our great teams of the past they where built with players who wanted to be Canes and they played with that fire, that passion, that chip on their shoulder. So let's support those young men who decide to commit to us when it's not a trendy pick and trully want to be MIAMI HURRICANES. Those who turned their backs on us will regret it, because I can sense it, the storm is brewing and it's coming. In celebrarion of The Franchises committment tonight and labor day being right around the corner.... I said it's GREAT TO BE A MIAMI HURRICANE!!!!!!!

Honestly let's ride with the young men we have now. I get frustrated when "top recruits" commit elsewhere and then at the last minute decide to flip to us, and we might be faced with the possibility of having to force a young man out who committed to us early and wants to be a Cane. Let's ride with the Duke Johnsons of the world who commit early and never waver, and all they want to do is put their hometown team, and their city back on the map. If you look at our great teams of the past they where built with players who wanted to be Canes and they played with that fire, that passion, that chip on their shoulder. So let's support those young men who decide to commit to us when it's not a trendy pick and trully want to be MIAMI HURRICANES. Those who turned their backs on us will regret it, because I can sense it, the storm is brewing and it's coming. In celebrarion of The Franchises committment tonight and labor day being right around the corner.... I said it's GREAT TO BE A MIAMI HURRICANE!!!!!!!

Couldn't disagree more. It's the cold, hard reality of recruiting and it's done by nearly every big-time program. Adapt or perish.

You don't tell an elite recruit that he can't come here if he wants to flip to UM on NSD because another player who's nowhere near as talented made up his mind sooner. That's not how you compete for national titles.

The 2016 class may not even have to deal with this issue with the way it's shaping up. Nothing but blue-chippers in that class and they'll be here if they want to be here a year and a half from now. But the 2015 class? Nope. There's a lot of work that still needs to be done.

Could the cloud have been real? Hmmmm.......

maybe i see it more in the big picture..... Miami's natural order in the college football world is at the top. With the hot bed of talent down here Miami should be top 25 every year with even averagely competent people running this program. But our last two coaches were not even average in a lot of respects and that messed up the confidence of the high school coaches and recruits in the program and the talent stopped coming. Golden didn't do **** his first two years, on the field at least, besides be charismatic. now that hes got a decent year under his belt, the natural order of the world is returning and the talent is beginning to flow to Miami again. talent was obviously an issue his first two years so hopefully this guy can actually coach cause he can obviously recruit. i think the cloud had a minimal role when you look at the big picture.

Advertisement
Back