Coaching Scott Frost Fired

Advertisement
Would be a great hire
If they’re willing to spend like some have mentioned here then maybe he’s not the target but if they’re looking to save money because of the buyout but still buy a builder I think it makes sense. Dude presumably would be able to retain most of the players he developed and then lost to transfer at Wyoming with NIL backing in a better program. Gameday corching remains to be seen, for what it’s worth...

Sucks for Frost. He killed it at Oregon and made Chip K look good. He killed it at UCF. His style was always a horrible fit for NEB and everyone around him advices him to NOT take that job. He would have killed it at a southern (east) school.

You cannot win at NEB anymore. It’s not happening. And his style will NEVER work at a place like NEB

Someone will hire a great OC and possibly HC in frost….IF he can collect himself. That job at NEB sucked the life and swag out of Frost

He made Chip K look good as a WR coach? Kelly was gone before he ever coached an offense. If anything he was just driving the car Kelly built.

You can't tell me he goes from killing it to putrid just because of the opponents he's playing/players he can recruit. It's probably somewhere in the middle

Advertisement
Sucks for Frost. He killed it at Oregon and made Chip K look good. He killed it at UCF. His style was always a horrible fit for NEB and everyone around him advices him to NOT take that job. He would have killed it at a southern (east) school.

You cannot win at NEB anymore. It’s not happening. And his style will NEVER work at a place like NEB

Someone will hire a great OC and possibly HC in frost….IF he can collect himself. That job at NEB sucked the life and swag out of Frost
No one wins at Nebraska only saban Kirby and urban that’s it

Advertisement
They have money and want to win. It wasn’t that long ago that Pelini had them as a Wisconsin/Iowa level program, and I don’t think Bo had them at their ceiling. They got ambitious and made two “bad” hires in a row (both of which made sense at the time).

To me, if you want to get back to 8-9 wins a year (which would be a great first step), you go with Leipold, Bielema, Bohl, etc.

But there’s no reason Matt Rhule, for instance, couldn’t turn them back into a 10 win program. They’re in the easier side of the conference, the LA schools coming in will get them back into Cali recruiting in some ways, etc.

Advertisement
Osborne recruited heavily in Texas and California, did well in Louisiana, and got a few from Illinois. If you are a great recruiter, and have some money, you can improve any program.

I doubt you'll every see Nebraska as a perennial top-10 program again, but you can be top-25.

The move to the Big 10 dissolved their Texas pipeline and Nebraska as a state is bereft of skill position talent. The program is dead but they can probably buy their way back into the Top 25 with NIL deals, or they could mortgage future sanctions with a sociopath HC like Urban Meyer.

If Urban Meyer took that job he'd be on the sideline by game 3....

pan-oh-my.gif

Advertisement
Count me in on the Offensive analyst job hire offer suggestion.

He could help us recruit better in the Orlando area I imagine if he still has contacts there too.

If Urban Meyer took that job he'd be on the sideline by game 3....

pan-oh-my.gif
Maybe. Or he could do what Lincoln has already done at SC…grab a big QB out of the portal that wants to play for him, flip the roster quick with vets, and start bagging up recruits (like he always has) before he starts feasting on the weaker half of that conference.

They have money and want to win. It wasn’t that long ago that Pelini had them as a Wisconsin/Iowa level program, and I don’t think Bo had them at their ceiling. They got ambitious and made two “bad” hires in a row (both of which made sense at the time).

To me, if you want to get back to 8-9 wins a year (which would be a great first step), you go with Leipold, Bielema, Bohl, etc.

But there’s no reason Matt Rhule, for instance, couldn’t turn them back into a 10 win program. They’re in the easier side of the conference, the LA schools coming in will get them back into Cali recruiting in some ways, etc.

Agree with Rhule, but no way in **** would I pay a high 7 figure salary to the other off brand, no name coaches you mentioned. It's time for them to stop experimenting and make a HR hire.

Advertisement
Back