SBB?

I was speaking with some true Bama fans few years ago and I mentioned that allot of RB's that carry the ball 35-40 times a game and put up some really big numbers end up at the league with busted knees and worn out.

It was if I told them football is like ice skating....

the culture in these towns and programs is .. program first and then whatever else comes after. These are the schools that will not care about a kids concussions and put him in just to pick up the first down.

but above all... what I can't seem to understand is.. these programs are one of the most racists part of the country... these fan bases are out in the open racist and yet all these young black kids go up there willingly give in to these ********.

Advertisement
I was speaking with some true Bama fans few years ago and I mentioned that allot of RB's that carry the ball 35-40 times a game and put up some really big numbers end up at the league with busted knees and worn out.

the culture in these towns and programs is .. program first and then whatever else comes after. These are the schools that will not care about a kids concussions and put him in just to pick up the first down.

but above all... what I can't seem to understand is.. these programs are one of the most racists part of the country... these fan bases are out in the open racist and yet all these young black kids go up there willingly give in to these ********.

According to some of the recruits who choose Alabama it's b/c of Nick Saban.

Then one day the promising young receiver went to camp at Alabama and made a name for himself. It was hot, Cooper recalled, but he was doing everything he could to show the coaching staff what he was capable of.

"[Saban] saw me run a route against a DB in one-on-ones and he looked to be surprised," he said. "He came up to me and shook my hand, started smiling and after that I went up to his office and talked to him and he offered me a scholarship."

Cooper accepted. Now he's a junior All-SEC receiver for the Crimson Tide. Now he understands the perception of Saban and how it doesn't quite match reality.

"I thought he would be intimating because that's what everyone else thought who were outsiders," he said. "But when you become an insider and you start to know him as a person, you see he wants what's best for his players. He's a good leader."

In other words, you have to get to know Saban first. Even commits who haven't played a down for the Crimson Tide are starting to understand Saban's warm and fuzzy side.

"Coach Saban might be this gruff guy on the outside, but when you talk to him with your family or one-on-one, he's all about preaching family and a family atmosphere," ESPN 300 Alabama commit Lester Cotton said. "That's the one thing that nobody ever really talks about with him. He's a family-first guy and his team is his family."

Christion Jones might have seen that tape. As a four-star prospect in 2011, he was recruited by a slew of SEC programs but the Adamsville, Alabama, product wasn't swayed.

"Nah, he's not intimidating," Jones said of Saban. "He's not mean. People only know on the field what type of guy he is when you watch him on TV. But you can't judge him off that, especially if you've never been around him."

In fact, Jones went as far as describing Saban in an almost unimaginable way, considering his public persona: chill.

"He's a laid-back type of guy," Jones said. "You can talk to him about anything.

That's just a few snippets from it
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/r...g-not-hurting-alabama-crimson-tide-recruiting

According to some of the recruits who choose Alabama it's b/c of Nick Saban.

Then one day the promising young receiver went to camp at Alabama and made a name for himself. It was hot, Cooper recalled, but he was doing everything he could to show the coaching staff what he was capable of.

"[Saban] saw me run a route against a DB in one-on-ones and he looked to be surprised," he said. "He came up to me and shook my hand, started smiling and after that I went up to his office and talked to him and he offered me a scholarship."

Cooper accepted. Now he's a junior All-SEC receiver for the Crimson Tide. Now he understands the perception of Saban and how it doesn't quite match reality.

"I thought he would be intimating because that's what everyone else thought who were outsiders," he said. "But when you become an insider and you start to know him as a person, you see he wants what's best for his players. He's a good leader."

In other words, you have to get to know Saban first. Even commits who haven't played a down for the Crimson Tide are starting to understand Saban's warm and fuzzy side.

"Coach Saban might be this gruff guy on the outside, but when you talk to him with your family or one-on-one, he's all about preaching family and a family atmosphere," ESPN 300 Alabama commit Lester Cotton said. "That's the one thing that nobody ever really talks about with him. He's a family-first guy and his team is his family."

Christion Jones might have seen that tape. As a four-star prospect in 2011, he was recruited by a slew of SEC programs but the Adamsville, Alabama, product wasn't swayed.

"Nah, he's not intimidating," Jones said of Saban. "He's not mean. People only know on the field what type of guy he is when you watch him on TV. But you can't judge him off that, especially if you've never been around him."

In fact, Jones went as far as describing Saban in an almost unimaginable way, considering his public persona: chill.

"He's a laid-back type of guy," Jones said. "You can talk to him about anything.

That's just a few snippets from it
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/r...g-not-hurting-alabama-crimson-tide-recruiting
thank you espn
535.gif

When you are a 5 star player and coming into the NFL highly drafted, you have 2-3 yrs to prove your worth. I looked up stats and my point is, these guys you are defending were drafted to be game changer not a JAG...thus far MOST of Saban's players have not lived up to the bill, Bama apologist.

The Saban argument that their players are maxed out makes no sense. We all wish our coaches were maxing our players out.....it's their job. That's just the kind of butthurt bs that we say to feel better about a decade of nothing good. The argument that he runs guys out holds no water. We've had almost twice as much turnover since golden got here in his classes than Saban has had.

He's an ******* but he is running a very effective program. Once you get it rolling its easy, just gotta finally freakin win.

Advertisement
The Saban argument that their players are maxed out makes no sense. We all wish our coaches were maxing our players out.....it's their job. That's just the kind of butthurt bs that we say to feel better about a decade of nothing good.

Thank you. ^^^

Now, back to the topic, I think shawn burgess becker to flip to Miami by signing day, unless, him and Ridley like Florida state. I'm starting to feel like it's a firestorm that's about to happen....

If Miami starts out undefeated and ranked, I think Ridley, Burgess, Cole, all commit or they will wait until an All-Star game or signing day. That Rico McGraw kid is an explosive athlete, I think he might be better than SBB.

The Saban argument that their players are maxed out makes no sense. We all wish our coaches were maxing our players out.....it's their job. That's just the kind of butthurt bs that we say to feel better about a decade of nothing good. The argument that he runs guys out holds no water. We've had almost twice as much turnover since golden got here in his classes than Saban has had.

He's an ******* but he is running a very effective program. Once you get it rolling its easy, just gotta finally freakin win.

No, personally what i thinks makes us the U is the fact our guys have success in the NFL, even if they didnt do much here, like a jimmy Gaines or Seantrel Henderson. I wish we brought out our players full potential, but im glad we dont run our runningbacks into the dirt like they do. And obviously weve had more guys leaving than Alabama, they havent had to go through what we just did.

Selfishly, b/c I only care about how UM does, I don't care if we run our rbs into the ground if it means we win games. I don't care if they max out here. I want everything we can get out of them here, as long as they don't injured.

My Buddy and ex Buc, were discussing the lack of productivity from all those Bama 1'st rounders. Outside Julio all others are average NFL'ers. Went to the BUCS practice today. Tommy Streeter mistaking slim fast for weight gain shakes. Dude skinny as a Sandhill Crane. He makes the current crop of Cane WR's look like LB's and DE's.

Just heard on the radio today that Streeter is making some serious waves in camp. Lovie was really singling him out.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back