Robby Washington playing CB at practice today

I respect your posts. But I don't really get this take.

We've talked about the option of moving Rivers to OG because NFL scouts say that's his money position, and we have a million quality tackles. If Mirabal wants him at OT where he's all conference, then no one rationale is going to gripe about it. But it's a worthwhile discussion topic. ****, even Mirabal said he cross-trains everyone as OL.

We've talked about Robby's move to CB because he's been third or fourth string slot and we know he has great talent and want him making plays on Saturdays. Last year, he was behind Restrepo and Smith and seemingly Ray Ray. This year, he's behind Restrepo and potentially Ray Ray and Carr. If that stays the case, and he's any good at CB where we are sorely lacking athleticism AND he is practicing at CB, why wouldn't we talk about that?

The only other position changes I've seen mentioned on here are things like safeties or linebackers to run nickel/striker, CBs to pass nickel, possibly Carver to DE. Richard Gordon to punt returner... Not sure I've heard anything else.
It's rare that position changes work out. We need a transfer at the position, and I am somewhat irritated that it hasn't happened. That's bleeding into my posts.

Advertisement
It's rare that position changes work out. We need a transfer at the position, and I am somewhat irritated that it hasn't happened. That's bleeding into my posts.

I agree with this. But I am hopeful Robby breaks that pattern to be more a Deejay Dallas type. He has the requisite skills it seems.

I agree with this. But I am hopeful Robby breaks that pattern to be more a Deejay Dallas type. He has the requisite skills it seems.
He has the right frame and athletic profile. He also played both ways in high school.

However, his film is pretty clear that much of his high school production at CB was due to his athletic supremacy. He's got a long way to go.

With how loud his pops has been in past, wouldnt surprise me to see him shop the brothers somewhere like Lousiville if Robby doesnt look like he is going to get much PT, and Bobby is 2nd/3rd string.

It would stink because if they stuck with it, both could be really good. Bobby needs to continue learning the defense.

Robby has 1-3 round talent as a CB.

Anyways i hope they both stick around at least for another season, and wish Robby would put in work at CB, and see how good he could get.
Disagree. His pops has openly supported their decision. But if after a couple years they cant get on field AND are past up by younger players it would be smart to make a move to actually play college ball. I know we are fanatics of canes but as players they wanna ball, if we got better players leaping them then its not in best interest to rot on bench for our pleasure..

Advertisement
unfortunate, @Lance Roffers .... but pristinely true.

the same way it's obvious to anyone with a pulse that Jacurri has NFL talent as an X receiver written on him in indelible ink, the same thing might be said about Washington at CB. Even if you have never seen the sport of football, you would still suspect there's something there.

sure, I have no doubt Washington loves playing WR and it's really fun for him. You know what else is fun? being an impact player for UM and having a really good chance at an actual NFL career.

sadly, too many of these kids can't see the forrest ..... because they are too busy staring at the mother fu%king trees.
Wait Jacurri has NFL talent as an X WR?
What evidence is there that he is fast? Sure the size is there, but just cause he's built like Julio Jones doesn't mean much. That can be said about plenty of QBs tbh. Joe Milton?

Advertisement
Back