Ringer Mock (George taken 14th)

Down to 26th on big board, 24th mock on KOC’s latest update. I keep saying it but George needs to come back, he is not going to be a first round pick.

Advertisement
I would take Wooga over George if I'm an nba GM.

Wooga can be the perfect 3 and D type of role player. We just asked him to do way too much here.

George is interesting bc he can dribble at his huge size. However, I never really saw plus athleticism with him, so if you don't have physicality to use the size, which I didn't see. I'm afraid I don't see him cutting it in the NBA.

His shot and range is very nice at his size, so maybe a small forward. But he needs to work on his defense then.

I would take Wooga over George if I'm an nba GM.

Wooga can be the perfect 3 and D type of role player. We just asked him to do way too much here.

George is interesting bc he can dribble at his huge size. However, I never really saw plus athleticism with him, so if you don't have physicality to use the size, which I didn't see. I'm afraid I don't see him cutting it in the NBA.

His shot and range is very nice at his size, so maybe a small forward. But he needs to work on his defense then.
Honestly I don’t think either of them have the lateral quickness for the next level. Maybe I’m not giving enough credit to Wooga before the ankle issues, but his man was right by him just way too often this year, and since he can’t dribble he’s going to need to be a great shooter and defender if he wants to see an NBA floor.

George, maybe it comes with him getting more comfortable in his body since he’s had massive growth spurts recently, but the lateral quickness and overall athleticism is going to have to improve drastically. The idea of him trying to stay in front of or get by an nba wing is just something I can’t see.

If George goes pro it is all potential. He literally had 1 20+ game all season and 2 games where scored 0pts. He was in and out of the starting lineup and averaged 7.6ppg.

The man needs another year in college point blank. His productivity is just too low.

Wooga was definitely injured and wasn't himself. If he's healthy in time for his NBA workout, his athleticism, pullup jumper and 3pt shooting could get him drafted. He also wasn't very productive in college so he's definitely going to be a G leaguer for the first half of the season.

I think that he should stay too.

Norchad should actually play some power forward to boost his stock. He played center out of need but Coach L didn't do this guy any favors playing him out of position.

If George goes pro it is all potential. He literally had 1 20+ game all season and 2 games where scored 0pts. He was in and out of the starting lineup and averaged 7.6ppg.

The man needs another year in college point blank. His productivity is just too low.

Wooga was definitely injured and wasn't himself. If he's healthy in time for his NBA workout, his athleticism, pullup jumper and 3pt shooting could get him drafted. He also wasn't very productive in college so he's definitely going to be a G leaguer for the first half of the season.

I think that he should stay too.

Norchad should actually play some power forward to boost his stock. He played center out of need but Coach L didn't do this guy any favors playing him out of position.
There’s a zero percent chance Wooga plays minutes in the NBA next season. Just isn’t happening. I also don’t know that he gets drafted at all if he goes.

Omier isn’t going to play in the NBA, I don’t think playing him “out of position” really matters. He’s best suited as a collegiate 5 for a team that wants to play small. You can’t pair him with a traditional big and clog the paint when he’s already at a length disadvantage.

Advertisement
I really don't get it re: George. He's at least a 3 year project at this point and rookie deals are typically what.. 3 years? But then I'm not a scout. Shrug.

Down to 26th on big board, 24th mock on KOC’s latest update. I keep saying it but George needs to come back, he is not going to be a first round pick.
The issue is whether mentally, he's prepared to come back and do the work. Dude was mentally checked out once things went south, can't have that. Is he willing to come back and be part of a team? Is he willing to put in the work defensively? If so, then L likely wants him back. If Jim doesn't believe that George can be a POSITIVE influence, then L will move on without him.

I don’t understand how George is first round material but Grant Nelson is not even on draft boards. Age? Nelson is the same player but taller and better at everything George does well.

George can return and be a star with Bethea and Pack. Hard to get a clear idea of where he thinks he’s going.

I don’t understand how George is first round material but Grant Nelson is not even on draft boards. Age? Nelson is the same player but taller and better at everything George does well.

George can return and be a star with Bethea and Pack. Hard to get a clear idea of where he thinks he’s going.

He's done studying... NBA or Euro

Advertisement

This mock draft has George, Cleveland and Poplar getting drafted.

Having a team with 3 draft picks and end the season on a 10 game losing streak and under 500 says a lot.
A whole lot.

Having a team with 3 draft picks and end the season on a 10 game losing streak and under 500 says a lot.
A whole lot.

I don’t think that ends up being true but if it does…. I would put a lot of money up saying that’s never been done before

Cleveland as an early second round pick seems… optimistic.

That mock also has all 60 picks being made despite two teams forfeiting second rounders, so take it for what it’s worth lol

A whole lot.

It's an extremely weak draft and you're sharing a mock from an account that no one has ever heard of. George is the only player getting picked so run along and find other nuggets to support your agenda

Advertisement
He's nice...but R1? ok.

Lonnie Walker went like 18th as a 'Cane 1nDone and I thought he was a much more talented player...still only a deep bench backup in the pros.

With NIL you can stay in college and hone your craft while making significant money. But maybe he doesn't want to play school? idk.

Today’s update goes to 28th big board. 26th mock. I really will be curious what kind of feedback he gets going through the draft process.

14th isn't worth leaving school for, when you can potentially push it to a top 8 level with a good sophomore season. Teams in the bottom of the lottery aren't really committed to those picks, you better produce early or you will be in the G League. Shane Larkin, who was a lot further along in his development got selected there, and after one freak ankle injury was stuck in purgatory. That said, if George has mentally checked out, then he should go. I know L will talk to him after the season to see where his mind is, but I'd love it if he recommitted to the program and came back for another year of development. With the right mental focus, he could be part of a **** good 2024 team.
Lottery is worth leaving school for. The tricky one is when agents tell a player late teens, somewhere in the 20s because then there is room to fall to the second round. More and more second round players are getting guaranteed money, including Chris Livingston - a one and done who fell to the Bucks @ 59.

Amari Bailey just wasted a year of his life on the bench for one of the worst teams in the league. Even though GG Jackson is succeeding; IMO if either one of those players returned for a sophomore season they would have been lottery picks.

Advertisement
He's nice...but R1? ok.

Lonnie Walker went like 18th as a 'Cane 1nDone and I thought he was a much more talented player...still only a deep bench backup in the pros.

With NIL you can stay in college and hone your craft while making significant money. But maybe he doesn't want to play school? idk.
Lonnie was an elite athlete and had HS hype that George did not too.

NBA has decided that age, plus length, and wing height is a big boost and there is no going back. Even overvaluation is necessary. Late growth spurt and lack of American training is becoming more of a plus for evaluators.

His off the dribble 3s and deep range despite limited sample size is enough to make them gamble on him at 25-45 range if his background reports are good. According to the word out, he has good character and comes from a basketball family. More pluses when considering how hard he will work over the next decade.

And all this being said, i still think he should have came back for another season.

Lottery is worth leaving school for. The tricky one is when agents tell a player late teens, somewhere in the 20s because then there is room to fall to the second round. More and more second round players are getting guaranteed money, including Chris Livingston - a one and done who fell to the Bucks @ 59.

Amari Bailey just wasted a year of his life on the bench for one of the worst teams in the league. Even though GG Jackson is succeeding; IMO if either one of those players returned for a sophomore season they would have been lottery picks.
Lower lottery isn't nearly the boon people think it is. It also depends on what the scouts say as his eval. It's also extremely easy for someone at the bottom of the lottery, who has the knock of being iffy with effort and basketball IQ(When you are a turnover magnet like he was at times), sliding down. This is considered a weak draft class, so that may help him, but George also has a chance to return and get a ton more development time under a coach that will get the most out of him, provided that he has the right mental makeup. We also have to consider whether George is over the entire "Going to school" thing. Either way, it is what it is.

Lower lottery isn't nearly the boon people think it is. It also depends on what the scouts say as his eval. It's also extremely easy for someone at the bottom of the lottery, who has the knock of being iffy with effort and basketball IQ(When you are a turnover magnet like he was at times), sliding down. This is considered a weak draft class, so that may help him, but George also has a chance to return and get a ton more development time under a coach that will get the most out of him, provided that he has the right mental makeup. We also have to consider whether George is over the entire "Going to school" thing. Either way, it is what it is.

For example, Jarrett Culver made the right decision. His stock was not getting higher with more production. Likely his flaws would have been exposed. Nor was two more years of school going to make his NBA career multiply. Scottie Reynolds not leaving early ruined his chance at a NBA career.

That’s why I wrote late teens to 20s projection is the most dangerous. The guys with consistent lottery projections usually fall to the bottom of the 1st round worst case scenario.

Even some underwhelming one and dones like GG Jackson and Steven Adams do just fine when thrown into the deep end compared to Ziarie Williams & JD Davidson who sink down.

Agree with you on the scouts & c’est la vie. Hope a change comes along and he returns.

For example, Jarrett Culver made the right decision. His stock was not getting higher with more production. Likely his flaws would have been exposed. Nor was two more years of school going to make his NBA career multiply. Scottie Reynolds not leaving early ruined his chance at a NBA career.

That’s why I wrote late teens to 20s projection is the most dangerous. The guys with consistent lottery projections usually fall to the bottom of the 1st round worst case scenario.

Even some underwhelming one and dones like GG Jackson and Steven Adams do just fine when thrown into the deep end compared to Ziarie Williams & JD Davidson who sink down.

Agree with you on the scouts & c’est la vie. Hope a change comes along and he returns.

Yep, I'm all for him returning, but he has to return ready to work. If he is still the same guy that gave halfassed effort at the end of last year, then he shouldn't return. This program has always been about guys working and grinding. This isn't a superstar program, it's a "Guys that have talent, but L gets the most out of them" program.

Advertisement
Back