Ringer Mock (George taken 14th)

Advertisement
14th isn't worth leaving school for, when you can potentially push it to a top 8 level with a good sophomore season. Teams in the bottom of the lottery aren't really committed to those picks, you better produce early or you will be in the G League. Shane Larkin, who was a lot further along in his development got selected there, and after one freak ankle injury was stuck in purgatory. That said, if George has mentally checked out, then he should go. I know L will talk to him after the season to see where his mind is, but I'd love it if he recommitted to the program and came back for another year of development. With the right mental focus, he could be part of a **** good 2024 team.

Advertisement
1710219737440.png

14th isn't worth leaving school for, when you can potentially push it to a top 8 level with a good sophomore season. Teams in the bottom of the lottery aren't really committed to those picks, you better produce early or you will be in the G League. Shane Larkin, who was a lot further along in his development got selected there, and after one freak ankle injury was stuck in purgatory. That said, if George has mentally checked out, then he should go. I know L will talk to him after the season to see where his mind is, but I'd love it if he recommitted to the program and came back for another year of development. With the right mental focus, he could be part of a **** good 2024 team.
I think it's crazy to say it isn't worth leaving school for what will probably be more than $8 million guaranteed. Last year's 14th pick (Jordan Hawkins) signed a 4-year contract worth over $20 million, with the first 2 years of the deal guaranteed at almost $9 million. Like, how can anyone say no to that?

Advertisement
THESE BOOTLEG mocks are the reason people thought Leonard Taylor and Kam were going to be first round picks.

ESPN draft insider Jonathan Givony is more accurate, and is actually close with Coach L. I think he was the one who told L about KG in the first place.

He just released his top 25 players for NBA draft, and George is not in his top 25. I think the latest mock he had George early round 2 mock.

This is much more in line in where I think George would get taken if he were to leave. Somewhere from 28th-38th.

THESE BOOTLEG mocks are the reason people thought Leonard Taylor and Kam were going to be first round picks.

ESPN draft insider Jonathan Givony is more accurate, and is actually close with Coach L. I think he was the one who told L about KG in the first place.

He just released his top 25 players for NBA draft, and George is not in his top 25. I think the latest mock he had George early round 2 mock.

This is much more in line in where I think George would get taken if he were to leave. Somewhere from 28th-38th.

He will be a g-league stash for some team

Advertisement
I'm blown away that a team might take him that high. If true, he's gone for sure. It's a no-brainer.
Is it? A lot of fans see lottery and think "Payday" when in reality, there's a legit difference between being a high lottery and low lottery pick. If you have the measurables and talent to get noticed as a potential lottery pick, it makes sense to go through the camp process, find out what you need to improve, and go whole hog on improving that. Unless you are a surefire high end lottery pick, if you have multiple years of eligibility, with a staff that is strong with development, it makes sense to come back, unless the staff has told you that it's best for you to move on, for reasons not entiely basketball related.

Get the development minutes at the collegiate level, and then jump in the next year. Keep in mind, there are dozens of mock drafts and a lot of them are pure trash. I hope George isn't listening to anyone outside of L and the staff, because it's likely they are the only source giving him legit info.

Is it? A lot of fans see lottery and think "Payday" when in reality, there's a legit difference between being a high lottery and low lottery pick. If you have the measurables and talent to get noticed as a potential lottery pick, it makes sense to go through the camp process, find out what you need to improve, and go whole hog on improving that. Unless you are a surefire high end lottery pick, if you have multiple years of eligibility, with a staff that is strong with development, it makes sense to come back, unless the staff has told you that it's best for you to move on, for reasons not entiely basketball related.

Get the development minutes at the collegiate level, and then jump in the next year. Keep in mind, there are dozens of mock drafts and a lot of them are pure trash. I hope George isn't listening to anyone outside of L and the staff, because it's likely they are the only source giving him legit info.
I don’t think George wants to be here. It’s been painfully obvious for a while now. Plays with zero focus, intensity, or energy.

Advertisement

It's guaranteed for two years. It's enough money to never work again thereafter. If he's actually going 14th, he should leave.

If there's any doubt about falling out of round 1, stay.

It's guaranteed for two years. It's enough money to never work again thereafter. If he's actually going 14th, he should leave.

If there's any doubt about falling out of round 1, stay.
No it isn't. I don't think people understand how much money you actually need in order to never work again, when you are 21 years old. Let's look at how much the 14th pick would theoretically make.

Even if he was drafted 14th(Which is unlikely, he isn't in most major mocks in that range), that isn't nearly enough money to say "If I only last two years in the league, I shouldn't ever need to work again". After taxes, you are looking at half the number. The BIG, truly life changing money is in the second contract, when you have proven yourself, or you enter that maxout range. Don't get me wrong, having a take home of a million per year for a couple of years is nice, but you would still need a job afterwards. If you want to give yourself the best odds of getting to the second contract, being a higher end lottery pick is the way to go. Keep in mind the kind of teams that are usually at the bottom end of the lottery. It's teams that are mediocre, teams that are usually a couple of decent pieces away from being playoff teams. In other words, teams likely to fill those minutes with vets, instead of young guys. Development is usually at a minimum.

I get the mock drafts are trash and in reality he could be a 2nd round guy but if he’s lottery he is gone… this is the nba we’re talking about the younger the better and it’s a weak draft. There is absolutely no shot he comes back if he’s a top 20 pick nor should he

I get the mock drafts are trash and in reality he could be a 2nd round guy but if he’s lottery he is gone… this is the nba we’re talking about the younger the better and it’s a weak draft. There is absolutely no shot he comes back if he’s a top 20 pick nor should he
14th is the BOTTOM of the lottery, as in the last spot. Anything outside of that, the salaries start to drop as well as team commitment. It's beyond obvious that George has the physical tools, but development time is needed. Guess what a franchise drafting outside the lottery is less likely to do?Spend the time needed to get this guy developed. Either George ends up in the G League, or is warming the end of the bench, hoping that he develops through playing garbage time and NBA practices. It would make more sense, if L wants him back for George to go to the predraft camps, get a legit breakdown of what he should improve and work on that at the collegiate level. If he returns to Miami, dude will get minutes, as many as he can handle, that's key for development. I know a lot of our fans view the NBA draft like the NBA draft and it's just not like that.

We are also making the assumption that someone will fall in love with him and drastically reach for him. It's much more likely he ends up being drafted in the 2nd round which honestly, is a wasteland. There's a reason why selections like Jokic are seen as genius, it's because it's rare anyone hits big in that round. George is going to do what he thinks is best, but honestly, unless you are a legit top end lottery pick, and it's likely you are selected there, it doesn't make sense for a guy with 3 years of eligibility remaining to declare, unless there's another compelling reason.

Advertisement
Back