Remember That Time

Players get better with reps, he's lost those reps to a former walk on that should be nothing more than a special teamer.

I for the life of me can't figure out why golden tinkers with the lineup as much as he does. It's a ******* enigma rapped inside an enigma. These guys should be in good enough shape ton play the whole ******* game.

Advertisement
Let's not kid ourselves. He's not beating out Fentress because at the snap of the ball he has to be 15 yards deep and running backwards. This savage needs to be let loose, not thinking and then reacting. Fentress is exactly the type of kid that succeeds under Golden because he does what he is told in this horrible scheme.

The results speak for themselves.

This man just gets it

You need to unleash a kid like carter and allow him to play downhill, it seems we would rather have him 30 yds from the los.

I don't understand the singling out of carter. Other than what he did in high school, nobody knows what he can do. I know he had a list of schools after him but are we suggesting that nobody that has gone to bama or any other school and was a 4 of 5* and flamed out. I agree the coaching sux but to definitively say he sux only cuz of coaching is short sided. I get the overall point so u can keep ur stupid posts to ur selves. This thread is specifically about Carter and I don't get it. I mean people are quoting HS stats as proof that he is automatically good in cfb. Lmao.

I don't understand the singling out of carter. Other than what he did in high school, nobody knows what he can do. I know he had a list of schools after him but are we suggesting that nobody that has gone to bama or any other school and was a 4 of 5* and flamed out. I agree the coaching sux but to definitively say he sux only cuz of coaching is short sided. I get the overall point so u can keep ur stupid posts to ur selves. This thread is specifically about Carter and I don't get it. I mean people are quoting HS stats as proof that he is automatically good in cfb. Lmao.

Obvious.

Advertisement
So what about guys like. Howard, artie, Deon, chickilo, Mccord. Did they also just flame out after all the top notch schools were after them?

I've never seen so many talented players put into the doghouse in my life, for being "too aggressive" like seriously, Al its called Football

I feel like Al Golden lives in the fvckin' Twilight Zone

Advertisement
So what about guys like. Howard, artie, Deon, chickilo, Mccord. Did they also just flame out after all the top notch schools were after them?

What do they have to do with carter? What I am saying is that u can't just say Carter would be good because he had a lot of stars. There are 4* guys at bama that stink. Maybe carter would be better or maybe he isn't good. I don't know the answer and neither do u. If u think we hit on 100% of of our recruits and the only reason that all of them stink is cause of coaching well then there is no point

Obvious.

So enlighten me. Would love to hear what u have to say. Well not really cause it is going to be something unrelated to carter.

Obvious.

So enlighten me. Would love to hear what u have to say. Well not really cause it is going to be something unrelated to carter.

I don't think that is any of your business

Last edited by a moderator:
It's an interesting point.

In general, South Florida/Miami kids have not played up to their billings in this defense while the less notable out of area kids have seem to done better than their SFL counterparts.

So the question becomes why?
Is the scheme to complex for your typical south florida player? If yes, why are kids from outside the area able to grasp it?
Are they to undisciplined? If so, again, why?

And if players from the region are not grasping it, do you change it to fit their style or do you recruit from other areas, or do you continue to force a square peg into a round hole?
I think it's clear that the coaches are not going to change their defense and will find players that can.
I don't think Golden truely understood thes south florida athlete. May have overestimated their ability to learn his system and was blinded by their raw skill. Unlike a coach like Strong who knows the south florida kid and deployed a scheme that compliments their strengths and hides their weaknesses.

Ultimately if Golden is going to succeed here he will need to deal with this reality and adjust his defense some to fit the mold of these kids cause I doubt he'll have success recruiting the stud kids from out of the area that are suited to play in the defense they're running now and be like a Stanford.

Advertisement
It's threads like these that make those hypothetical "if we beat FSU.... or win out.... do you give Al another year" threads irrelevant.

Bigger issue is that we have 4 guys who are in the box safeties and we have no safety who plays the pass well.

All 4 of our safeties are exactly the same. Good against the run but their strengths aren't against the pass.

I wish we'd move Gunter to safety full time let him play deep and have Deon and Carter only playing in the box to stop the run

go ahead and laugh. I mentioned this once before and pretty sre people almostlost their ****. I still think burns would fit better as a FS. he is stiff in his hips, which isnt necessarily an indictment of his talent, just that he would fit better elsewhere. I think he has been solid at CB this year, but with his straightline speed he could cover a TON of field, which would allow us to move anyone of the other guys (bush, carter) closer to the line and let them play a true SS. gunter, crawford, elder, howard on the outside. and fentress never plays again.

Players get better with reps, he's lost those reps to a former walk on that should be nothing more than a special teamer.

I for the life of me can't figure out why golden tinkers with the lineup as much as he does. It's a ****ing enigma rapped inside an enigma. These guys should be in good enough shape ton play the whole ****ing game.

he thinks it breeds competition and in doing so keeps players engaged and giving max effort. what it actually has done is cause players to spend so much time looking over their shoulders that they have no clue whats in front of them. great teams have competition but still have definable roles. golden has failed miserably and doing either in his time here. he only further throws gasoline on the fire when he tries to make his inconsistent statements about different players to the media, thinking that might light a fire or something. it lights a fire, sure, but the wrong kind.

the guy has a masters in psychology but what a complete buffoon he is. has no clue...none whatsoever.

Advertisement
It's an interesting point.

In general, South Florida/Miami kids have not played up to their billings in this defense while the less notable out of area kids have seem to done better than their SFL counterparts.

So the question becomes why?
Is the scheme to complex for your typical south florida player? If yes, why are kids from outside the area able to grasp it?
Are they to undisciplined? If so, again, why?

And if players from the region are not grasping it, do you change it to fit their style or do you recruit from other areas, or do you continue to force a square peg into a round hole?
I think it's clear that the coaches are not going to change their defense and will find players that can.
I don't think Golden truely understood thes south florida athlete. May have overestimated their ability to learn his system and was blinded by their raw skill. Unlike a coach like Strong who knows the south florida kid and deployed a scheme that compliments their strengths and hides their weaknesses.

Ultimately if Golden is going to succeed here he will need to deal with this reality and adjust his defense some to fit the mold of these kids cause I doubt he'll have success recruiting the stud kids from out of the area that are suited to play in the defense they're running now and be like a Stanford.

Don't get sucked into the "sofla kids can't process this info" nonsense. Never stopped Miami, UF, FSU, etc in the past from having excellent defenses.

We heard all off-saeson how he was killing the Utough workouts and was ready to break-out. Now all of a sudden he can't play over a ST's player.

Advertisement
Back