Remember That Time

Advertisement
Thought i was the only one who noticed that
Bigger issue is that we have 4 guys who are in the box safeties and we have no safety who plays the pass well.

All 4 of our safeties are exactly the same. Good against the run but their strengths aren't against the pass.

I wish we'd move Gunter to safety full time let him play deep and have Deon and Carter only playing in the box to stop the run

I agree with the post but is it really necessary to say "African"...I mean come on man. You can establish your point by just saying Fentress

I don't think you can actually infer that someone is of African descent from the name Fentress.

This staff doesn't know a pin prick of defense. They have not developed a single kid in this "****" they do to help teams pad the offensive stats and hinder our boys ability to stop them. Jamal Carter is another example of their ruining a kids talent and football intelligence.

Advertisement
One thing I have criticized from the get go with this staff is that they take a pop warner approach to football. Anyone who has played knows that you have to get into a groove over the course of the game. They are constantly rotating players in and out all game. The few pays Carter or other highly rated players get in are so few that we cannot accurately determine how much of a difference player they can be. futhermore, they seem to become committed to players who can play their scheme by their rules.

I am willing to bet for example that Carter and other DB's "free lance" (AKA trying to make plays) which is not consistent with the scheme. So Fentress gets the majority of playing time because he can "follow the rules"

Al does a great job at creating story lines and making everyone feel good because they got in the game...too bad that none the stories is about actually winning.

**** this staff!

Bush was better in his first games as a true freshmans than he is now 3 years in. Of course, I'm sure that's his fault too.

Carter, who everyone wanted, hasn't progressed at all. So, instead of our 4 star safeties we're playing Natambu The Actor.

This. Bush has seemingly regressed. It's real weird. He was out there spearing and headhunting people before he got hurt. It was curtains after that for him - no aggressive play.

Dade County savage and defensive playmaker Jamal Carter passed up UF, FSU, Oklahoma, Auburn, LSU, Ohio St, etc to sit behind a 5'7" African walk-on?

black-guy-laughing-on-boat-gif.gif

You don't buy in you don't play, thats the Golden way. Jamal is a savage the type of player that you would see coming here in the late 90's and early 2000's. He's a player that plays off instincts, natural ability, and passion the kind of player someone like Butch Davis or Jimmy Johnson would turn into a legend. In this soft environment of moral victories a player like him will never excel.

I have said many times, with Al as coach we would had never heard of Ed Reed. Freelanced way to much for Al, I didn't even make the travel squad until senior year, Golden.

Advertisement
Bush was better in his first games as a true freshmans than he is now 3 years in. Of course, I'm sure that's his fault too.

Carter, who everyone wanted, hasn't progressed at all. So, instead of our 4 star safeties we're playing Natambu The Actor.

This. Bush has seemingly regressed. It's real weird. He was out there spearing and headhunting people before he got hurt. It was curtains after that for him - no aggressive play.

It's got nothing to do with him getting hurt. He's in Folden passive reactionary land, and he's thinking so much out there he looks like a mummy.

You don't buy in you don't play, thats the Golden way. Jamal is a savage the type of player that you would see coming here in the late 90's and early 2000's. He's a player that plays off instincts, natural ability, and passion the kind of player someone like Butch Davis or Jimmy Johnson would turn into a legend. In this soft environment of moral victories a player like him will never excel.

I have said many times, with Al as coach we would had never heard of Ed Reed. Freelanced way to much for Al, I didn't even make the travel squad until senior year, Golden.

There is definitely something to Alfred liking those feel good, less talented players that remind him of himself when he was at Ped St.

Highsmith
Rodgers
S. Green
Regula
Fentress

and the list goes on and on with these type players.......

I laugh at the thought that a guy like Bush, who a lot of people wanted at CB, doesn't have ball skills.

When you are asked to play in a soft zone 95% of the time, when the ball comes your way, chances are you are going to look like ****. Its like throwing to the 4th string TE and being surprised he dropped it.

I think Howard had 10 INTs as a SR in HS, now he looks mediocre with the ball in the air.

Anyone who thinks we have a player problem at this point is either a Golden homer or doesn't understand the game.

Advertisement

There is definitely something to Alfred liking those feel good, less talented players that remind him of himself when he was at Ped St.

Highsmith
Rodgers
S. Green
Regula
Fentress

and the list goes on and on with these type players.......
I don't think its the feel good story he likes as much as it is the kid that does exactly as Golden and Dorito say. So Fentress, Highsmith, etc are always where they should be always doing exactly what the coaches want, so Golden loves to start them because they are "trusting the process." On the other hand you have talented kids like Bush, Carter, Howard that know football and know how to play and don't buy in fully cause they know what Golden is spewing is garbage. So they freelance and get punished for it.

Playing defense running backwards all the time is not an easy thing to learn physically or mentally. It's against the nature of football itself. No wonder all our DB's have regressed. Of course you are going to forgot or look silly tring to tackle, when you are running backwards and then have to react 10 yards back to the play and guess where the runner is going is not an easy task.

I wonder what damning quality of Carter UM will leak to Barry jackson like they did with Howard and his speed, to justify their scrub club starters

Advertisement
### Al Golden, asked by another reporter in his news conference what has held Jamal Carter back (he has been unable to crack the starting lineup ahead of a walk-on Nantambu Fentress):

Golden didn’t like the phrasing: “It's almost like a negative question. Jamal's got to keep making progress, attention to details, preparing, playing faster. I think he needs to play faster. He's got a great opportunity. I'm always positive by nature, so is this a week he puts it all together and now he's ready, ready to play fast? Jamal has all the tools. He has to continue to prepare, trust it. Hopefully this is the week he's playing even better than he has been.”

I'm going to throw a parade when he's fired.

### Al Golden, asked by another reporter in his news conference what has held Jamal Carter back (he has been unable to crack the starting lineup ahead of a walk-on Nantambu Fentress):

Golden didn’t like the phrasing: “It's almost like a negative question. Jamal's got to keep making progress, attention to details, preparing, playing faster. I think he needs to play faster. He's got a great opportunity. I'm always positive by nature, so is this a week he puts it all together and now he's ready, ready to play fast? Jamal has all the tools. He has to continue to prepare, trust it. Hopefully this is the week he's playing even better than he has been.”

I am pretty sure I have never hated someone I have never met more in my life than golden.

Is that real?

Is that real?

Never mind, I just saw that it is real. I hate that dumb**** more then words can say. I wish I was a reporter down there.

Follow up Al, How are the safeties supposed to play fast when they are backpedaling 20 yards from the LOS vs a run heavy team? How do you play fast when your defense lacks aggression?

Advertisement
Back