Recruiting and Golden question

Contrary to what some may believe, Folden is not a great recruiter. He is an average recruiter at best.

He is not signing the majority of the top S.Fla kids. We don't need all, just most. During Folden's tenure, S.Fla had an incredible run of really good DTs. Folden signed one of them (Moten, who is being ruined as we speak). Players like Duke, who committed under RS, just wanted to be a Hurricane. We will get those. In 2014, we should have signed 2 top RBs (Cook, Yearby and Michel) last year, not just 1. You cant miss on Rudolph and Lane. Don't even Matthew Thomas in 2013.

He is average. Look at our current DT commitment list. Embarrassing......

Average Recruiter.................

Congrats on naming a whole bunch of kids that didn't want to be here.

So, we only want kids that want to be here? Miss me with that Crap. Remember this: A Slow Horse eats as much a Fast Horse.

Great recruiters bring in the Recruits THEY NEEDS TO BE IN THE PROGRAM.

WHERE ARE THOSE DTs? Oh, they don't want to be here.

P.S. Folden missed on way more than Skai Moore.

Nice job cutting out the rest of my quote. Did them kids not have a full court press put on them or not??? As I coach if you use all your resources and the kids don't come that doesn't fall on you. Golden & Co put in work the kids just didn't want to be here.

I bet Keith Bryant wishes he picked Miami now. He's stuck on practice squad and will forever be there

Advertisement
So putting in the work is what makes you a good recruiter instead of actually getting the kids to committ to miami.

:neonu:

As
Contrary to what some may believe, Folden is not a great recruiter. He is an average recruiter at best.

He is not signing the majority of the top S.Fla kids. We don't need all, just most. During Folden's tenure, S.Fla had an incredible run of really good DTs. Folden signed one of them (Moten, who is being ruined as we speak). Players like Duke, who committed under RS, just wanted to be a Hurricane. We will get those. In 2014, we should have signed 2 top RBs (Cook, Yearby and Michel) last year, not just 1. You cant miss on Rudolph and Lane. Don't even Matthew Thomas in 2013.

So, we only want kids that want to be here? Miss me with that Crap. Remember this: A Slow Horse eats as much a Fast Horse.

We missed on Skai because we shot our load on the famous "6" who was going to be a program changer... The kid was
playing us like fools all along... Now he is hanging out with good ol Karlos...

It's funny how you want to blame Thomas. Thomas never played games. He didn't commit and then later de-commit from any school. Yet, it's Thomas' fault. ***** outta here with that foolishness.

Oh, I am sure it was Thomas' fault with how Folden screwed Denver Kirkland.

Fly The F*cking Banner......

Advertisement
As

We missed on Skai because we shot our load on the famous "6" who was going to be a program changer... The kid was

It's funny how you want to blame Thomas. Thomas never played games. He didn't commit and then later de-commit from any school. Yet, it's Thomas' fault. ***** outta here with that foolishness.

How do you know Thomas never played games? Just because he never publicly committed anywhere doesn't mean he wasn't feeding Miami coaches BS privately.

From the reports I read, it seems like once Coach Coley was hired he exposed the BS from Thomas and Kirkland.

There are so many things to criticize Golden for that there is no need to make things up like this.

As

How do you know Thomas never played games? Just because he never publicly committed anywhere doesn't mean he wasn't feeding Miami coaches BS privately.

From the reports I read, it seems like once Coach Coley was hired he exposed the BS from Thomas and Kirkland.

There are so many things to criticize Golden for that there is no need to make things up like this.

Stop lying. You have not read no such thing.

Folden dropped the Ball......accept it.

As

I call bs on that one too, ag blows and will leave after this season

Advertisement
As

Yes, Al Golden is a bad coach but that doesn't mean that Thomas and Kirkland weren't pulling some BS during their recruitment.

As

My fault in attempting to engage you in a rational discussion. I should have known better based upon your schtick.

So much overreaction for a recruiting class that is a legitimate 5 or 6 recruits from being finished.

Davante Davis
Devonaire Clarington
Antonio Callaway
Tim Irvin
Marcus Lewis
Carlton Davis

Would make this one of the best classes in the country.

Then you take your stab at guys like SBB, Ridley, and Gibson.

Yeah, if they finish the season like pansies, then they won't get but 2 or 3 of all the names I mentioned, and then folks are well within their right to bash away...

...but it's not even November yet. Signing Day is 3 months away. Get your panties out of a bunch.

Advertisement
As

My fault in attempting to engage you in a rational discussion. I should have known better based upon your schtick.

Really, Sabrina.

As

Yes, Al Golden is a bad coach but that doesn't mean that Thomas and Kirkland weren't pulling some BS during their recruitment.

And you assume that BS for what reason? Recruits are Kids, and Kids will be Kids.

If the kid isn't committing and then de-committing, then it's not playing games/BS> It's just part of the process.

Advertisement
As

This is like blaming the buyer when he's not sure about buying that jaloppy from a used car salesman in the "going out of business sale" lot.

Nice job cutting out the rest of my quote. Did them kids not have a full court press put on them or not??? As I coach if you use all your resources and the kids don't come that doesn't fall on you. Golden & Co put in work the kids just didn't want to be here.

I bet Keith Bryant wishes he picked Miami now. He's stuck on practice squad and will forever be there

What planet does this guy live on? Recruiting is about selling a plan, a vision, a program, etc. Things like winning, previous connection to whatever school. And proximity to said school are factors as well.

Most recruits stay close to home. Some go elsewhere, but they're the exception and not the rule. How do local players end up at Bama, OSU, and so on? One, both schools have quality programs, top to bottom. Same with other schools, but you still have to sell the schools as they don't sell themselves. That's where coaches come in and some are better at it than others.

I can tell you this right now, I hope Golden and company don't think anything close to what you posted. Aww, shucks....we did everything we could and this isn't our fault. Bull****, it's 100% on you when it's become common for top local talent heading elsewhere. At that point, you look within, ask what went wrong, and try finding out from anyone what went wrong. That means calling the recruit, parents, or anyone associated with the recruitment.

Those who don't learn from their mistakes are condemned to repeat them. I still can't believe this guy just wants to give the coaches a pass....saying, well we tried.

Golden is an average recruiter by Miami standards, and he's only gotten worse since his 2012 class, when he was still able to sell a dream to kids. Then the product on the field spoke for itself.

Stop comparing this class to Shannon’s last class. Shannon had Chick and Dorsett committed along with Nick Menocal when Golden took over. Albert-Jean Louis, Eli Rogers, Marcus Jackson, Teddy Bridgewater, Tavadius Glenn, Jeremy Davis were some others he had committed at one time or another. Most had de-committed before Golden even got there. People actually *****ed about how Golden didn't contact Nick and he committed to GT instead.

So far this recruiting cycle we’ve had 8 so called de-commitments. One didn’t actually have a committable offer (Holcy). Quentez was committed for a few weeks and wanted to wait. Feder is a project that flipped when OSU offered. Galitz flipped to Baylor but do we really need another scholarship kicker? Goudis will redshirt and have 2 more years and Freshmen Badgley may take his job even if he comes back. This all happened before the season started.

Currently we have 19 players committed. When was the last time we had over 20 players committed before the start of any season? Since the season started we’ve lost 4 "verbal commitments".
-Cronkite: Didn't want to come in with 3 other RBs who are all ranked higher than him.
-Archibald: I have no idea what happened on this one but I’m pretty sure we’ll be fine at TE with Dobbard, Herndon, O’Donnell, and Njoku.
-George: Pretty much de-committed when we lost Barrow before the season. Not a big loss IMO as he is a JUCO who is similar to a lot of guys we already have.
-Brown: One the weakest of 7 OL commits. Most people were complaining about taking so many OL, well we got rid of one the lower ranked ones.

Would you consider this class falling apart based on these facts? did I miss something? I'm pretty sure we lost 3 of our lower rated recruits and our 4th choice at RB. Did any of our top 5 recruits de-commit since the season started?

Decommits:
WR: Trevill Holcy (de-committed 3/26/2014)
DT: Quentez Johnson (decommitted 5/6/2014)
T: Kevin Feder (flipped to O$U 6/22/2014)
K: Drew Galitz (flipped to Baylor 8/26/2014)
RB: Jordan Cronkrite (de-committed 9/13/2014
TE: Bowman Archibald (flipped to Wake Forest 9/21/2014)
LB: Claude George (de-committed on 10/16/2014)
OG: Leeward Brown (flipped to West Virginia 10/28/2014)

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back