Quotes from Perryman and Chickillo

It is on the coaches to get the players to execute in a system. Period. So if you want to blame the players, that is the coaches' fault...they select the players. If you want to blame the scheme, that is also the coaches' fault. Either way you cut it, in Year 4 if this team is pulling this **** week after week it is the coaches' fault.

Look, here's the thing. In any business, it is on management to figure out how to make **** work. My boss hired me. That means he saw something in me that makes him think that I can be an asset to what he is trying to accomplish. That means that if he spends 6 months managing me a certain way, and I don't respond to it, he has one of two options: fire me (waste of time, money and also difficult to do...plus it leads to constant turnover) OR tweak his management style to get me to produce.

It's the same ******* thing with football players and coaches. It takes a BRILLIANT person to have constant turnover and still produce. Therefore the best managers, by and large, are the ones who figure out what an employee/player can do well and then putting them in a position to do it.

Golden ain't brilliant, but he also constantly refuses to change his methods. Know where that leaves you? In ******* no-man's land. In my line of work, people who pull that **** end up fired or stalled on the ladder, and the latter brings their team down with them.

As for these quotes: these kids are just sticking up for their coaches they've had for 4 years. I respect that. But it doesn't mean ****, except that they might have a soft spot for D'Onofrio, at least in public.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Yes, let's keep blaming the 18-22 year old amateurs and not the so called "experts" who get paid 6 or 7 figure salaries, and still can't figure out how to stop the run in their 4th year here.

MAKES PERFECT SENSE!

I wish I could dig up all the Canesport articles with players speaking out on behalf of Coker, Shannon, and their coordinators. Same shlt all over again.

And the usual dimwits eat it up.

It's sad to see these two grown douchebags throw these kids under a bus. They work hard and do everything these morons say, and they still get blamed. Hey, Denzel, it's your fault we are playing off with two deep safeties ON THE ******* 5 YARD LINE.

Get these two Hoboken gasbags out of my city.

Where is the accountability?. Shannon used to say the same garbage. Kids were freelancing etc. Well if you have players that continually free lance and allow the other team to score and ultimately lose games than sit that piece of **** on the bench. Play Fentress and some other walk on. What good is there to having good players on the field if they are "allegedly" ******** up the defensive scheme. By continuing to play them, you are saying its ok. Maybe that is what they are doing and thats why S Green and Highsmith and those guys played so much. Kind of damned if you do and damned if you dont I guess. Either way, as a coach you make it happen. If you cant get them to listen then you should be fired, if you have to play the lesser talented kid as an example and your team sucks, to bad you need to be fired.

Advertisement
All you internet Cane football players shhhh n listen to ACTUAL football players when they speak..they know a wee bit more than you. Execution people! Players are starting to hold themselves and one another accountable..First step to solving their problem.
Lol 4 years later. Hahahahah

Uh yes 4 years later..name a UM coach that has won a championship in less..I'll wait

Dennis won two in three years and Coker one it in his first year. Jimmy won his in his fourth year. So four of our 5 championships have come within the time frame you were belittling. Your credibility is plummeting.

Sorry to keep you waiting.

Last edited:
All you internet Cane football players shhhh n listen to ACTUAL football players when they speak..they know a wee bit more than you. Execution people! Players are starting to hold themselves and one another accountable..First step to solving their problem.

Uh yes 4 years later..name a UM coach that has won a championship in less..I'll wait

Dennis won two in three years and Coker one it in his first year. Jimmy won his in his fourth year. So four of our 5 championships have come within the time frame you were belittling. Your credibility is plummeting.

Sorry to keep you waiting.
Lol I was playing soccer couldn't respond to this crap. And spread it to wider CFB, Urban Meyer, Saban, Jimbo, Mulzahn, Chizik, all 4 years or under. Two years and the team's take your philosophy, that's it. U may not have the players but they start playing like your team. They are playing like Golden want them. He just doesn't realize this is not Temple.

Advertisement

arp3QXB_460sa.gif

Advertisement

Well, there's former Canes players like Duane Starks, Phillip Buchanon, Warren Sapp and Michael Irvin to name a few that have succeeded at the NFL and have a better football IQ that picks apart the staff and their deficiencies. **** Golden slurper.

Last edited:
If I hear Oh No Frio throw these kids under the bus for "Not executing" on more time, I think I'll puke. It's been four years of this chit with numerous different players. What about this FACT doesn't this fat Jerseyboy slob get??????????????????

They kinda have to go with it. Cause if they lash out like Howard or others behind the scenes or in interviews, they gonna lose their time on the field. **** Al.

I feel bad for Chick and Denzel man, having to deal with this ****. What you expect them to say? If they put Al or Dorito under the bus they get ****ed.

Advertisement
Back