Quotes from Perryman and Chickillo

Advertisement
Im just sayin..... we just blaming the coaches n not the players...like I said no matter the scheme, if you miss a tackle or blow your assignment, you will get burned....

Last edited:
517442752-jag_fan.gif

Advertisement
All you internet Cane football players shhhh n listen to ACTUAL football players when they speak..they know a wee bit more than you. Execution people! Players are starting to hold themselves and one another accountable..First step to solving their problem.
Lol 4 years later. Hahahahah

Uh yes 4 years later..name a UM coach that has won a championship in less..I'll wait

what do you want him to say? "man, our coach does suck. all his fault" how ignorant are you

Even if you place more blame on the players than the staff, which would be utterly nonsensical, then the coaches are still to blame because these are all Golden/D'Onofrio's guys. They recruited them, have spent plenty of time developing them, and trying to teach them their passive, "bend but don't break and pray the offense makes a mistake" defense.

They're still getting continually embarrassed in every nationally televised performance, which only damages an already destroyed brand even further and sinks us deeper into irrelevance. The coaches are still achieving unacceptable results, in Year 4, because this soft-shouldered, archaic defense is a match made in **** for this recruiting base.

Oh, and a previous poster was right when they mentioned that seniors aren't going to publicly criticize their coaches. That's a sure-fire way to raise character red flags with NFL evaluators and jeopardize the size of their eventual NFL paychecks.

Advertisement
Defensive End Anthony Chickillo:
View attachment 25888

Linebacker Denzel Perryman:
View attachment 25889

Two of the leaders of the defense said this.... when will we stop blaming coaches and start blaming these kids play? I dnt care what scheme you run, if your not tackling, it won't work... period...

I'm a little lost here... Why the text inserted as an image? I found the actual article that this content was derived from here:

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/umia...ice-field-try-to-find-answers-on-defense.html

The "questions" you have inserted were asked to Dorito, not Chick and DP as you suggest. Do you have some other source, context access that goes beyond what I have linked?

For the record, here is the text as presented in the article:

Despite fans and former players complaining about Miami playing too far off the ball, D'Onofrio, like Golden before him, said coaches called run blitzes and pressures about 60 percent of the time. In the end, Miami netted no tackles for loss against Nebraska. D'Onofrio said there were too many missed tackles to count and "yards after contact were a big issue."

Three large paragraphs then:

Linebacker Denzel Perryman and defensive end Anthony Chickillo both defended D'Onofrio's play-calling saying it's up to the players to execute what he calls.

"Coach D is one of the best football minds I’ve been around," Chickillo said. "He probably is the best football mind. His football IQ is unbelievable and he puts us in the right position to make plays. People just have to make them."

Said Perryman: "Yeah. It's not coach man. I ain't going to lie. I try to ignore the outside noise, but when I hear stuff like that it bothers me a lot. It's not coach, you know. Coach D'Onofrio does a great job putting us in the best [positions] and the best situations where we need to be. It's just us up to execute. Like I said, we had a lot of freelancing going on."

Forgive me, but is there a little creative editing going on here?

we have heard this freelancing garbage for 4 years now

Actually, if you are a long time fan, it has been going on for a long time. Even back in 2001 and 2002 there were complaint about players free lancing and giving up big plays. There was even a report that one of the D linemen free lanced on the infamous Fiesta Bowl PI play and that had he done his assignment OSU would never have even gotten off that pass. This is nothing new and I think it is a problem with South Florida kids in particular. They all grow up being stars playing in defenses that you can get away with just running to the ball. At this level, playing the kind of athletes you face most weeks, not playing your assignment, even one guy, exposes a weakness that an offense can exploit.

Even if you place more blame on the players than the staff, which would be utterly nonsensical, then the coaches are still to blame because these are all Golden/D'Onofrio's guys. They recruited them, have spent plenty of time developing them, and trying to teach them their passive, "bend but don't break and pray the offense makes a mistake" defense.

They're still getting continually embarrassed in every nationally televised performance, which only damages an already destroyed brand even further and sinks us deeper into irrelevance. The coaches are still achieving unacceptable results, in Year 4, because this soft-shouldered, archaic defense is a match made in **** for this recruiting base.

Oh, and a previous poster was right when they mentioned that seniors aren't going to publicly criticize their coaches. That's a sure-fire way to raise character red flags with NFL evaluators and jeopardize the size of their eventual NFL paychecks.

I believe DP was saying pretty much the same sort of things about Coach D when he decided to come back for his senior year. Call him a liar if you like, but I tend to believe that is really how he feels.

Advertisement
Defensive End Anthony Chickillo:
View attachment 25888

Linebacker Denzel Perryman:
View attachment 25889

Two of the leaders of the defense said this.... when will we stop blaming coaches and start blaming these kids play? I dnt care what scheme you run, if your not tackling, it won't work... period...
you stop blaming the players when 4 years of the same sh*t happens. everyone could see this scheme is not working but these coaches refuse to bend. you coach to maximize your talent level not to put them out in a scheme where they embarrass themselves. and rarely are you gonna have a player speak against the coaches. doesn't happen often unless they are let go. they don't want to ruin any opportunity they have there

I believe DP was saying pretty much the same sort of things about Coach D when he decided to come back for his senior year. Call him a liar if you like, but I tend to believe that is really how he feels.

DP came back for his senior year because he didn't grade out that well by nfl draft analysts

The criticism is inherent in the statements. They freelance because they are trying to make plays. That is obviously because the system is passive and lends itself to a bludgeoning of 5-10 yard gains. You get hit over the head with that 65 times and you try to make a play outside of the system. If the system allowed them to make plays they wouldn't be talking about freelancing again 4 years later.

Advertisement
If that stuff were true then we have signed collectively the worst group of talent the college football world has ever seen. Worse than McNeese State.

No one is buying this crap anymore, but I don't expect the players to say anything else.

Advertisement
Back