Quick takes from Spring Game

Advertisement
Pancake needs more time to cook. Kid was getting worked at RT.
I don't envy coaches in recruiting these days. He was obviously a long term investment but with portal, you almost have to give PT here, warranted or not.

Francis is a unicorn. Immediate high ceiling/floor.

In the portal era, do you target kids who are almost maxed out already but can contribute right away? Conundrum.

Fraggle thoughts... Disregard

Is anyone upset the game was vanilla or are they simply worried that Mario is vanilla, and will be vanilla when it matters…
I guess we have to wait until the games actually happen. Spring games are vanilla. There’s nothing to really take from them outside of our teams ability to get lined up and run plays with minimal penalties and procedure issues.

Advertisement
Sorry if already discussed but some on twitter were saying that they weren't very impressed with Carpenter at the C spot and that he was on his back more than they'd like...anyone that watch the spring game have any concerns there overall or with his run blocking?

Thats what stood out the most when I rewatched. Opposing fans were in the comments saying it too.

Is there any rhyme or reason to it?
I feel like this type of offense is why we get in trouble with lesser talented teams. We need to score faster and drive the ball down quicker. Even the running game seems like it's slow developing. We have a guy like Chris Johnson and dude needs a few screens, tosses etc. We need to spread the defense and let it rip. We have the oline for it.

Edit: at the same time idk if we have a WR that can just house a 10 yarder.

Advertisement
Bain was an anomaly. Besides DT is different from edge, it's a grown man's position particularly an 0 tech which requires strength that a teenager, that's never been through a college S & C program, doesn't have. Even Jerome Brown, Warren Sapp and Vince Wilfork were brought in slowly their freshman year.
okay okay, i just want more out of hunt - seen alot of plays he took off last year and did not see much plays being made from him. Hopefully we see more horton in this case

Agreed. Always vanilla. Just stay healthy.
I more or less tuned in to see if these high school and/or roster height/weight measurements looked legit

It’s lying season when they’re being recruited

Slowly we are getting there at key positions.

Popo, Wes, Pruitt, Cole, Damari Brown etc these are guys we heard about but it’s often lies. I saw some truths physically

Pause the **** outta this whole post

Maybe it’s me but I got nothing out of the spring game. Nice to see some nice catches and throws. It’s paddy cake dress rehearsal football. Looking forward to all the hype and hopefully a successful season.
We saw what we needed to see. Ward is the truth and will carry us as far as he can. Even with a "vanilla" offense the cat threw for 300+ yards and 3 TDs. Lol.

Sorry if already discussed but some on twitter were saying that they weren't very impressed with Carpenter at the C spot and that he was on his back more than they'd like...anyone that watch the spring game have any concerns there overall or with his run blocking?
he wasn't getting push, that's for sure

Advertisement
You consistently have some of the dumbest takes.

Bain is an anomaly. Jones and Scott are not even on campus and have not shown they have what it takes to unseat Hunte. Let's see what they have to offer before making them starters.
Yep. Bain is a once every 25 years type of kid. You go back to Big Vince for a Freshman ready to compete like that. Since then, we have had many good DL and none have been good enough to play early at a high level.

Advertisement
Is anyone upset the game was vanilla or are they simply worried that Mario is vanilla, and will be vanilla when it matters…

At every opportunity, unless trailing big time in a game, he's shown to be just that.

I've always said that we are the worst school at getting fans hyped about this program. ****, come out and let it rip. You do it well, guess what, you'll do it well when it matters, in games. We've yet to fool anyone by hiding a Spring or Fall practice.

Aside from that, as a coach, you don't play down when the media is around, that's wasting time. That's lost practice, so what you see, that's what you're going to get.

Vanilla game plan and stuff needs to be put to bed. If you're showing vanilla, not saying they are that's what we'll be. There won't be some night and day difference.

Literally no one thought that. Everyone was sucking his ****. The preseason and the season was one long Lee **** suck.

IMG_3860.gif

Advertisement
Back