Prayer Pub

I'm not much of a prayer guy but I just threw one out. Hopefully god hasn't changed his number.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I'd be lying if I said I'd say a prayer for you, it just isn't something I do. Having said that, I hope everything comes back positive and you'll live out those dreams you listed. Keep us updated and don't worry about posting it on the football board. You're going through something serious, football....it's just a game.

I'd be lying if I said I'd say a prayer for you, it just isn't something I do. Having said that, I hope everything comes back positive and you'll live out those dreams you listed. Keep us updated and don't worry about posting it on the football board. You're going through something serious, football....it's just a game.

That's cool! We all deal with these sort of things in our own ways. We either pray when we need to or reach for a Sapporo Beer to think on someone! Hence the name Prayer Pub! Thanks for your thoughts.

Advertisement
Family looks out for family. We all family here. God Bless! Keeping you in my prayers buddy!

Advertisement
Atheist myself, so I'll save the prayer, but I truly hope its nothing serious and you can continue living a happy life my friend. Get better soon.

When did you move to Japan, where, what for, etc. Should you not mind answering and how do you like it there?

When did you move to Japan, where, what for, etc. Should you not mind answering and how do you like it there?

I moved here in 1991. Living in a southern prefecture called Kagoshima, in a city called Kirishima.

1400803466816a.jpg

I was offered a job to teach English so I thought I would try it for a year. But I liked it a lot so I decided to stay, learn the language and make a place for myself here. Married a Japanese girl ten years ago and we now have our own home and two kids. Our city is about 12 miles from a live, active volcano that erupts almost daily. The volcano is called Sakurajima and it erupted over 800 times last year. It frequently shakes out house when it erupts and dumps ash all over everything when the wind is just right.

Sakurajima 002.jpg

This is Sakurajima erupting while I was driving on my way to work.

I teach at a high school here in Kirishima and I'm also the tennis coach. You can see the influence I have on my team.

Daiichi U.jpg

Since I was married, I have been back to the States only once. It's harder to travel now with two small kids. It's safe, clean, the people are courteous, and the food is great. The things I don't like is the raw food, the giant spiders that jump out every once in a while and how the Japanese never let you forget that you are a Gaijin, no matter how good you are in the language or how long you have lived here. But every place has its pros and cons and I'm pretty happy here.

Advertisement
Prayers go up, blessings come down. Get well....

If you are a Cane, you are.fam. I like the idea of this thread. Lets keep it going.

Advertisement
Back