Potential Portal DB’s (CB’s & S’s only)

And I know D$ has pretty much already said the Staff is likely all set at CB & won’t be investing much into the position via the Portal (which is insane to me, but whatevs), but you always need an insurance policy just in case...

Who knows who ends up leaving for us, but otherwise, there could be some pretty good pickups available come this Portal season.

I'm not convinced D$'s prediction ends up being how the portal season plays out. I'd be more than a little surprised if we didn't go after and land at least one starting caliber CB. In addition to our pursuit of the S position, which we really need since Kim is heading to the NFL, and JW is on the first Scooby Doo van out of here.

Advertisement
Close to the KK situation. Spent some time with him recently, he’s gone. I heard him out as to why and I respect it even If I disagreed with it. Nothing official until it’s official but I’d say 99%. I think he’s not a freak athlete who relies on his mind to put him into the right position. Sometimes that gets you burned because you get fooled. Anyways, I love the kid and hope he’s a great pro. He definitely made some extremely costly mistakes, safety mistakes get magnified bc you’re last line of defense like a goalie….

This.

He's not front line NFL Safety material at this point. Good player, but there's enough questions on tape to show NFL teams they may not want to invest a first round pick on him.

But he's one of the poster children for why many kids who do leave early, do so regardless of the logic or merits of staying, because they will leave no matter what anyone says, even if it's a suboptimal decision.

And that's where so many of these decisions collapse into the abyss. The kids think just because there are SOME reasons to leave, that must mean there are NO reasons to stay. A choice that is off the efficient frontier is not the right choice, even it it's a marginally acceptable one.

Advertisement
If KK and JW leave we need 2-3. They really need to see their draft grade first , the film won’t be kind especially with KK. I know somebody close to an agent and he said exactly what I’ve been saying about KK “ feast or famine “.

Hopefully Zo’s background starts to shine in these scenarios.

I like this kid. Not as a headliner transfer but he looks like a player worth looking at. Sticky, twitchy, pretty long (pause) and good tackler. With three years left.

Although one of the last highlights is definitely PI as soon as he’s wearing a Miami uniform and playing an ACC game.

Advertisement
Close to the KK situation. Spent some time with him recently, he’s gone. I heard him out as to why and I respect it even If I disagreed with it. Nothing official until it’s official but I’d say 99%. I think he’s not a freak athlete who relies on his mind to put him into the right position. Sometimes that gets you burned because you get fooled. Anyways, I love the kid and hope he’s a great pro. He definitely made some extremely costly mistakes, safety mistakes get magnified bc you’re last line of defense like a goalie….
That’s a dagger. Wish he’d come back for 1 more, with the right portal pieces and him JW & LT back could line up a nice year

Too easy. I’m sure more options will become available but we need to be all over this one. Would def soften the blow at Safety, can’t imagine him not being one of the top 2 in that room if Kam and Jw both leave.
I’d bring him in even if Kam & JW stayed.

We can always use as much depth as possible.

But ideally, if JoJo & JW both leave, it would be a seamless transition to bring this kid home.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Well if Damari leaves, they better land a top CB. If all we got is Porter and Richard we're not looking even warm lol.

Get both those Indiana guys.

Advertisement
Back