PBuch telling the truth Pt 2

I thought the same thing about the d lineman stance. The were squatting with weight on their heels. Obviously with no intentions of firing off the ball into the online, rather to stand up at the snap and take up space.

I will say they had a very hard time getting anything between the tackles, but every time they rushed off the tackles hip it was big yards.. Chick and whoever played the other end just got pushed inside and they gave no support on the edge.

Louisville was having success off tackle because our lbs and safeties are usually lined up too far from the LOS - no matter the down and distance. Instead of our lbs and safeties being around the LOS and in position to blow up running plays before they got started, UL's guards and tackles were able to pull and barrel full steam into our lbs and safeties, for the most part, unmolested.

UL, on the other hand, routinely crowded the line, attacking both at the edges and up the middle and blew up our running plays before they had a chance to fully develop. That is the difference between dictating and being dictated to, being disruptive or allowing yourself to be disrupted. Our coaches coach like the French fought WW2 - scared, unaggressive and defense-minded. Just like them, we continued to allow ourselves to get blitzkreiged game after game...

Last edited:
Advertisement
Rushing 3 against a first time starter is beyond retarded. Just as playing zone against a first time starter while only rushing 3. Whenever we did blitz we had favorable results as dude panicked.

It's not only rushing 3, it's rushing 3 plodding DTs. Zero rush. Every. ****. time.

Advertisement
Rushing 3 against a first time starter is beyond retarded. Just as playing zone against a first time starter while only rushing 3. Whenever we did blitz we had favorable results as dude panicked.

It's not only rushing 3, it's rushing 3 plodding DTs. Zero rush. Every. ****. time.

That's a good point. I don't understand how a human being can decide that this is a good idea. Some of these moves (like only putting 5 or 6 guys in the box when the offense is in short yardage/goalline formation) are so dumb that it's like the coaches are intentionally trying to make us suck. It doesn't make any sense and it's infuriating to watch.

That's a good point. I don't understand how a human being can decide that this is a good idea. Some of these moves (like only putting 5 or 6 guys in the box when the offense is in short yardage/goalline formation) are so dumb that it's like the coaches are intentionally trying to make us suck. It doesn't make any sense and it's infuriating to watch.

Mind boggling.

The 3 man rush gets me, though. There were times, though, that the designated edge rusher was Armbister. Fugging Thurston was our main rusher on several plays.

Back to the 3 man front - Chick, Heurt and Pierre get ZERO push on a third down. And I don't care if we drop 8. A good QB will always find a hole in a soft zone with lots of time. And God forbid we do that against a running QB.

Mind boggling.

The 3 man rush gets me, though. There were times, though, that the designated edge rusher was Armbister. Fugging Thurston was our main rusher on several plays.

Back to the 3 man front - Chick, Heurt and Pierre get ZERO push on a third down. And I don't care if we drop 8. A good QB will always find a hole in a soft zone with lots of time. And God forbid we do that against a running QB.

You've got to have 2 nfl quality DLs or a ridiculous animal to get a consistent rush with 3. What kills me is (1) we don't have those guys, (2) we don't develop those guys, (3) if we did have those guys, we wouldn't turn them loose, and (4) we can't zone cover for **** anyway.

Seems like it would be better off to roll the dice and make some plays than just sit in the booth and yell at your guys through the headset after every 3rd down.

Advertisement
Agree with PBuch, but he's not going to get heard by enough people with the name-calling. Folden is as much amateur hour as Golden and his staff's coaching ability. He needs to grow up and be just as passionate in a more constructive way. It's fine being the tip of the sword, but he needs to be thinking maximum impact.

This is just the first game, if we play like this vs Nebraska and lose on national tv the momentum will keep building. I doubt Golden can survive an 8-4 season if all four losses are blowouts and if the wins arent impressive. Heck a 7-5 season with blowouts to Nebraska, FSU, Duke, Vtech would be enough to get golden and his staff fired.

:neonu:

Phillip Buchanon @PhillipBuchanon · 44m
Folden's leadership was always a major issue here,

Phillip Buchanon @PhillipBuchanon · 43m
so he brings in a few good assistance coaches but the changes should have been at the coordinator positions.

Phillip Buchanon @PhillipBuchanon · 42m
Folden is not getting the job done as a head coach or special teams coach.

Phillip Buchanon @PhillipBuchanon · 30m
I look at habits and techniques during the game which we are not good at on defense in general. Habits and techniques come from practice.

Phillip Buchanon @PhillipBuchanon · 27m
Either you are coaching it or allowing it.

Phillip Buchanon @PhillipBuchanon · 19m
The Defensive lineman are in offensive lineman stance, watch the film. We are not fundamentally sound on counters.

Phillip Buchanon @PhillipBuchanon · 18m
No Re-routing in this weak *** 3-4 defense go back to the 4-3 defense.

Phillip Buchanon @PhillipBuchanon · 17m
The secondary is playing like robots with soft coverage and weak *** technique.

Phillip Buchanon @PhillipBuchanon · 16m
Playing against a young QB we should have been all over him because he is good at starring down his receivers.

Phillip Buchanon @PhillipBuchanon · 15m
We need to be more aggressive with strong zone blitzes or zone dog packages with clearly defined zone responsibilities to be aggressive.

Phillip Buchanon @PhillipBuchanon · 14m
Too many rules and responsibilities will have players looking like robots.

The jig is up

But to be fair he has been on him since last year. If Irving says something oh boy

Everything Buchanon said was spot on.

The stances of the Dline were awful, especially the NT and Kamala. Our Dline still stands straight up and dances while Louisville was firing off the ball and stopping Duke before he could start.

Our Dline doesn't re-route anything. They insist on holding ground and not firing through the Oline. This 2-gap non-penetrating system is killing me to watch. They don't cause any disruption in the backfield or re-route the back. When you don't, you allow the RB enough time to find a hole and run through it. A guy like Brown needs to be stopped before he gets his big body started. Rankins on the other hand was killing our interior and disrupting everything in the backfield. I don't care if we play 4-3 or 3-4, we just need to attack. Just look at Jeremy Pruitt's 3-4 versus ours.

Gardner was inexperienced and the few times we pressured him, he made mistakes. But instead of keeping the pressure on, we kept running these sets with 3 pass rushers....often times with non-pass rushing talent. Oh, and our LB blitzes (besides Perryman) are awful S L O W.

The frog stance **** the DL does generates zero momentum. Here's a screenshot I took of Youtube.

EwBKfCJ.jpg

2nd and 10 our DL is playing like they're about to 2-gap a run play. This is a highly likely passing down. That's obvious to everyone except Doritos.

Of course none of those guys generate any type of pass rush and the QB completes an easy pass in front of our LBs who were playing a soft zone. This is the type of defense we've been seeing since these guys started playing their weak *** 3-4. Regardless of talent, they coach timid.

Advertisement
Let me add this. This is right after the snap. Look how Kamalu stands straight up as opposed to firing off the ball. How the **** can you generate a pass rush that way?

5NxpidH.jpg

Best part of that picture? Only 3 rushers (none of the explosive nature either) but 2 OLB's covering slot WRs instead of beating the snot out of an inexperienced QB.

The frog stance **** the DL does generates zero momentum. Here's a screenshot I took of Youtube.

EwBKfCJ.jpg

2nd and 10 our DL is playing like they're about to 2-gap a run play. This is a highly likely passing down. That's obvious to everyone except Doritos.

Of course none of those guys generate any type of pass rush and the QB completes an easy pass in front of our LBs who were playing a soft zone. This is the type of defense we've been seeing since these guys started playing their weak *** 3-4. Regardless of talent, they coach timid.

Kamalu is comppletely on his heels.

I hate that stance. Once I saw those dudes lining up in frog stance in the first drive, I knew it was lights out.

Advertisement
The ****ed up thing is that we could have a nasty OLB rush with McCord and AQM out of an aggressive 3-4 set.

The ****ed up thing is that we could have a nasty OLB rush with McCord and AQM out of an aggressive 3-4 set.

That's the thing. Golden/Doritos are the antithesis of aggressive. They coach scared, timid, shy, un-aggressive, passive and every other synonym for "without balls" that you can think of.

That's the truth right there.. them boys should be nasty, the **** staff is holding them back. UGH man!! It's not even about losing now, they messing with these kids future by their whack *** coaching

Cooper and Bailey? Really? What did they do or win while here? GTFO with these guys.
Is this post serious? Cooper tore up his ******* knee for your entertainment. Both those guys gave more to that program than you ever have or ever will. You're a ******* **** stacking ******.

Advertisement
Back