Coaching Patterson Out at TCU

With Houston jumping up to the Big 12 I don't see Holgorsen leaving for TCU or Tech, Houston will arguably be the better job when they make the leap.

I didn't know the numbers for that Traylor extension, god **** lol. That might be a tough sell for Tech and TCU.

Briles name has been thrown around a bunch for the Tech job, and not Kendall. If that happens woooooo buddy.
That buy out is no joke. That salary is also no joke. Especially at a program like *checks notes* UTSA.

Texas money runs deep.

Advertisement
Have a friend who’s connected with TCU. They felt like they had to make a move once TTech fired their coach. Patterson was on borrowed time but it’s tough to let a guy go who has a statue built. Asked him to stay on till the end of the season for a proper send off to celebrate all he’s done but he told them
no.

This is the best job in the new big 12 by far. Best location and good faculties. Dykes is the main target.

Sounds like Patterson is done with coaching. You dont leave within the season on your terms when there are games left on the schedule if there wouldnt be something personal behind it.

Advertisement
1000% agree If you count 7 top tens and a 13-0 season as meh. He won at least 10 games in 11 of those season. The last 4 seasons is what did him in.
Nice try at trolling....all those stats and yet no buzz on that putrid program. He is no better than Manny in that regard. Where is his top 5 finishes at?

Advertisement
JJ and Patterson have been close friends for yrs....that 2014 TCU Defense was filthy...
Yeah it was. I remember that team very vividly, actually that whole season….this was the yr I started paying attention to all of CFB & not just Miami Hurricanes football. It was right after the UL opening game, and I said “Great, we get avenge the disrespect UL did to us in the bowl game, and we got beat like a drum on Primetime TV. ****ed me off & I started watching other teams just as a CFB fan.

Advertisement
Patterson said he retired to pursue other interests outside of coaching ... he is a songwriter and musician and has a band and reportedly wants to focus on that for the time being.
Lol wow. Curveball

Advertisement
It's been a rough last couple of years but it can't be easy recruiting at TCU, his staffs have put a lot of quality talent in the NFL

Jason Verrett CB
Andy Dalton CB
Jalen Rager WR
Marcus Cannon RT
LJ Collier DE
Trevon Morehig Safety
Joseph Noteboom OT
Lucas Niang OT
Ben Bangou LB
Ross Blalock DT
Jerry Hughes DE

I could get behind a Gary Patterson hire

Edit Didn't realize he retired Nvm

Bro, u have no idea. It’s going to be an interesting off season. TCU, USC, LSU, potentially UCLA…man, it’s going to be some hot names w/ options.
And we'll wind-up screwed....how so right? TVD will wind up getting Lashlee a HC job at Tx-Tech or somewhere....saw that UTSA locked up Traylor until 2031 with a 7+mil buyout if he leaves within a year. Only referenced Traylor as I believe guys brought him up as an under the radar potential for us.

We really need Lashlee and Likens to both stay at least throughout TVDs tenure. Need to avoid OC musical chairs...nothing stunts a QBs growth more than that.

Advertisement
Back