Coaching Patterson Out at TCU

Advertisement

This makes both the TTech & TCU vacancies even more interesting, because Traylor was said to be one of the top guys in consideration for the TTech job...

But Sonny Dykes is still highly in the running to return to TTech, there’s a lot of history there for him given his Dad Spike coached there for 13 years & ushered in the modern era of TTech football & Sonny was one of Leach’s first hires when he took over for Spike.

I actually think it would be a lateral move for Sonny, SMU is pretty much on equal footing as a program as TTech is, especially since the Dallas area boosters have invested significantly into the program recently.

Dana Holgorsen given his new found success in Houston will probably be in consideration for the TTech & TCU jobs as well given his connection to both programs.

Eric Morris at Incarnate Word is another young upcoming X’s & O’s guru from the Kingsbury TTech tree that will be talked about as a potential name for some of these job openings as well.

Perfect time for that contract extension, lol

This makes both the TTech & TCU vacancies even more interesting, because Traylor was said to be one of the top guys in consideration for the TTech job...

But Sonny Dykes is still highly in the running to return to TTech, there’s a lot of history there for him given his Dad Spike coached there for 13 years & ushered in the modern era of TTech football & Sonny was one of Leach’s first hires when he took over for Spike.

I actually think it would be a lateral move for Sonny, SMU is pretty much on equal footing as a program as TTech is, especially since the Dallas area boosters have invested significantly into the program recently.

Dana Holgorsen given his new found success in Houston will probably be in consideration for the TTech & TCU jobs as well given his connection to both programs.

Eric Morris at Incarnate Word is another young upcoming X’s & O’s guru from the Kingsbury TTech tree that will be talked about as a potential name for some of these job openings as well.

Read on espn that their "sources" say Dykes interest in the tcu job may have hurried the Patterson sitiuation and he prefers tcu over tech

It was founded by ******* Jerry Falwell and until very recently was led by his corrupt cuckolded son.

I’m not familiar with this guy. I found out about them because my grandma was a nutty evangelical and gave them my address to send me information about the school when I graduated high school.

Is this guy famous for something in particular? Your post has a hint of contempt. If you dislike the guy I would be interested to know why.

Advertisement

Tech and TCU both have money so if they want Traylor they will pay the buyout, SMU not getting a invite to the Big 12 hurts them to keep Dykes. I could see dykes going to TCU despite all the family ties to Tech, Lubbock is a much tougher place to get kids comparing to DFW where TCU is.

I’m not familiar with this guy. I found out about them because my grandma was a nutty evangelical and gave them my address to send me information about the school when I graduated high school.

Is this guy famous for something in particular? Your post has a hint of contempt. If you dislike the guy I would be interested to know why.
Ask Larry Flynt

Which means Miami is gonna be left with the short straw once again...

We’re gonna let all the good coaches get swept up by those programs & be left with minimal options smh lol

Yep, which is why waiting for the year to end befoee making the move is ridiculously short sighted. Gotta swiftly in these times. Musical chairs is already starting and UM is that dumb kid that can’t figure out why the music is playing

Advertisement
Tech and TCU both have money so if they want Traylor they will pay the buyout, SMU not getting a invite to the Big 12 hurts them to keep Dykes. I could see dykes going to TCU despite all the family ties to Tech, Lubbock is a much tougher place to get kids comparing to DFW where TCU is.
The Jeff Traylor extension was a 10 year deal for $28mill, the initial buyout within the first 3 years of the deal will be $7.5mill, but after year 4 decreases to $3.5mill. That’s not a crazy amount to pay, but the fact he signed a 10 year extension this soon knowing there would be multiple vacancies open shows that he’s probably not gonna leave for another couple years, unless he gets a big contract.

And I agree with you on Dykes to TCU potentially, even though he’s from Lubbock himself & has long history with the program i don’t think he’d be wise to uproot everything he’s got going at SMU to return to a middling program when he could have a much higher trajectory at TCU.

Advertisement
Not sure y they even mentioned UConn & Georgia Southern. Lol
As funny as it might sound, Georgia Southern was actually a pretty good job.

Jeff Monken before he went to Army had Georgia Southern winning 10/11 wins a year consistently (even though they were still FCS back then). But even once they went FBS & joined the Sun Belt Willie Fritz had them winning as well before he took the Tulane job.

Actually Chad Lunsford did pretty well there too, he got fired mainly because their new AD didn’t like him & wanted to move on from him, but they’re not that bad of program & can win in the Sun Belt when they have a good coach.

It’s the perfect place for a FCS coach to come up & transition into being a FBS G5 coach, guys like Brian Bohannon, Jason Simpson, Dawson Odums or even Coach Prime Deion Sanders would all be good IMO at a place like Georgia Southern.

Last edited:
SMH and if Diaz stole Patterson’s scheme he needs to go back to him and learn the proper way to run it.
You do realize the reason Patterson was fired is b/c his defense is utter dog**** right? TCU literally has a worse defense than Miami which is hard to do.

Advertisement
The Jeff Traylor extension was a 10 year deal for $28mill, the initial buyout within the first 3 years of the deal will be $7.5mill, but after year 4 decreases to $3.5mill. That’s not a crazy amount to pay, but the fact he signed a 10 year extension this soon knowing there would be multiple vacancies open shows that he’s probably not gonna leave for another couple years, unless he gets a big contract.

And I agree with you on Dykes to TCU potentially, even though he’s from Lubbock himself & has long history with the program i don’t think he’d be wise to uproot everything he’s got going at SMU to return to a middling program when he could have a much higher trajectory at TCU.
I agree but Traylor won’t have to pay the buyout if he leave so tough in his situation to turn down a 28 million dollar deal.

As funny as it might sound, Georgia Southern was actually a pretty good job.

Jeff Monken before he went to Army had Georgia Southern winning 10/11 wins a year consistently (even though they were still FCS back then). But even once they went FBS & joined the Sun Belt Willie Fritz had them winning as well before he took the Tulane job.

Actually Chad Lunsford did pretty well there too, he got fired mainly because their new AD didn’t like him & wanted to move on from him, but they’re not that bad of program & can win in the Sun Belt when they have a good coach.

It’s the perfect place for a FCS coach to come up & transition into being a FBS G5 coach, guys like Brian Bohannon, Jason Simpson, Dawson Odom’s or even Coach Prime Deion Sanders would all be good IMO at a place like Georgia Southern.
Oh no doubt, but it’s not a player in the coaching carousel for big names. An up & coming FCS Coach or a G5 coordinator would probably be best suited…but if Georgia Southern becomes a coach threat to us, just fold the program. Lol

Advertisement
Back