OT: Nigel Bethel thread...Now Reinstated...Video included

According to Payne, the incident occurred when Bethel attempted to block a shot by Battle and committed a foul during the basketball game at TTU's recreational center.

"As Bethel turned to go back down the court, Battle swung and punched Bethel in the head," Payne said. "Bethel's body language showed he had been struck, and he immediately turned toward Battle and struck her with his right hand on the left side of her face."

Payne said there was no additional fighting beyond Bethel's punch and that reports that Battle suffered a broken jaw were incorrect.

Feel bad for all the false reporting.......

Advertisement
This wasn't some campus hearing. It was county court, has nothing to do with reinstatement. She was either facing charges as well or they found it to be self defense since she made the initial physical attack.

I assume she testified and asked that he be reinstated.

Advertisement
I'm most bothered that he was playing bball with girls!
That's commonplace in recs on college campuses. There is almost always at least one chick who can ball running pick up games with the guys since there usually is no games with all girls being played. She just better be able to hold her on.

People quick to judge a man, guilty till proven innocent.

Well, he is guilty of hitting a woman. Not slapping her, but punching and kicking her so violently she had broken bones.

Whether he is prosecuted is a moot point.

He beat a chick. Doesn't matter if she was bigger than her. She's a girl.

Generally a girl can hit a guy numerous times and it may sting a bit, but there won't be any real damage, but if a guy, even a small guy, whales on a girl, she will suffer broken bones if lucky, death if not.

Advertisement

Well, he is guilty of hitting a woman. Not slapping her, but punching and kicking her so violently she had broken bones.

Generally a girl can hit a guy numerous times and it may sting a bit, but there won't be any real damage, but if a guy, even a small guy, whales on a girl, she will suffer broken bones if lucky, death if not.

Not according to the above posts. (See tonyg502). Per the above posts it sounds more like he slapped her after she punched him and he never broke her jaw and there is no mention of kicking her either. I still think he could've/should've walked away and never would condone this behavior against a woman - but it sounds like the story is a bit of a reversal and she was being a biaitch and all the orig story was fabricated. If that is the case I feel bad for the kid for getting dragged thru the mud and hope he says f-u to Texas tech and picks up w/ USF or something. And she should get the same discipline he got.

And if the jury dropped his charges - they have to have some pretty **** good reason to. We all know a jury would almost always take side with the female in a case like this no matter who was at fault. Especially if there was bodily harm (which it sounds like there was not) per above.

Advertisement
LULZ at the weathervanes on here. He still punched a chick out whether she pushed him or not. He'll fit right in at Marshall eventually.

This bull**** about never hit a women is just ridiculous. Have I ever hit a women, no. But to say that you would just let a woman attack you and under no circumstances in life would you ever hit them back is just ridiculous. Like for some reason being a woman absolves you from ever catching an *** whoppin if you punch a dude in the face or head. **** all that noise. If you punch someone be it a male or female you should be prepared for that person to defend themselves. Point,blank,period.

Advertisement

264.gif

Look at you embellishing just so you can play captain save-a-hoe.

You know how innocent you have to be for a prosecutor (who has to worry about being re-elected) to not pursue charges in a case where a man hits a woman? You think the charges go away if there is even a .00000001% chance a political opponent can use it as an election year issue? That's how flimsy it was.

C'mon so what if a woman hits you with a bat? Or shoots you? Nothing? When as a person would you say "okay I can hit back!" What if Nigel wasn't a football player but a 100 lb guy and breaks his nose still not okay?

I think as an adult you take responsibility for actions male or female. I will never tell my daughter that her actions was alright just because she is a girl

Advertisement
Back