OL Takaylen Muex commits to Miami

Mario and Mirabal hit and they miss like anyone. I’m sure they’re considered better than most - even at the top - but Sagapolo and Denis weren’t good and they had them at Oregon - so they got to see them for some time after high school - and they still brought them here too which should be a red flag to an extent that they’re not infallible.

Welcome to the U nonetheless and if they like him, I’m fine with it.

No it shouldn’t be a red flag

Had roster space and needed bodies.

Advertisement
It’s a red flag, they suck

After that first spring camp, they were desperate. IMO, the red flag is their inability to get higher quality kids to jump into the portal and transfer. That's still happening now and they need to fix it. They're too reactive to the portal. But it's not an OL eval problem.

After that first spring camp, they were desperate. IMO, the red flag is their inability to get higher quality kids to jump into the portal and transfer. That's still happening now and they need to fix it. They're too reactive to the portal. But it's not an OL eval problem.
Then he’s a terrible decision maker. You don’t bring guys who aren’t good to your new team.

Their portal evals overall aren’t great either.

Advertisement
Lee and Cohen don't count? Denis can't stay healthy. Not every kid coming from the portal is going to be a starter. Some will be a quality back up. Some won't even be that. When you pull in 15 kids out the portal that is going to be the case. Hopefully, we get to a steady state where we are only pulling around 8 or so a year out of the portal. Then you can be much more selective.

I feel like some people just post tons of random ****, without any context or knowledge at all whatsoever, strictly opinions.

Actually, no, that definitely happens.

Now, as far as this kid, time will tell. I do like the tape.

I feel like some people just post tons of random ****, without any context or knowledge at all whatsoever, strictly opinions.

Actually, no, that definitely happens.

Now, as far as this kid, time will tell. I do like the tape.
Dude ran by every defender that ended up making the tackle to half *** block some guy nowhere near the play.

If they like him that’s fine with me - Anez Cooper is a great example of success for them - but they’re not infallible and beyond question if people question some of their takes.

Advertisement
Dude ran by every defender that ended up making the tackle to half *** block some guy nowhere near the play.

If they like him that’s fine with me - Anez Cooper is a great example of success for them - but they’re not infallible and beyond question if people question some of their takes.

I only had time for the first 3 mins and I didn't see that happen once…But I'll take your word for it that the last 1:48 was full of such whiffs.

Congrats to the kid, it's a big day for him.

OL is so hard to predict, so don't sweat the star rankings. In most cases, they're much bigger than their peers and just bullying people around.

You really don't know what you've got until you see them a lot in person going against players their size.

People love to throw out good bend, big, physical, mailer, athletic, etc to describe what they think is important for an OL. They're such cliche phrases.

I want to know how smart and how quickly a prospective OL player is and thinks. Secondly, I want to see if they've got good balance. Third, are they quick and lght on their feet? Lastly, I'd like to see a better than average reach, but that's not a deal breaker. All of the other aspects you can teach.

Best of luck to him!

Last edited:
Congrats to the kid, it's a big day for him.

OL is so hard to predict, so don't sweat the star rankings. In most cases, they're much bigger than their peers and just bullying people around.

You really don't know what you've got until you see them a lot in person going against players their size.

People love to throw out good bend, big, physical, mailer, athletic, etc to describe what they think is important for an OL. They're such cliche phrases.

I want to know how smart it quickly a prospective OL player is. Secondly, I want to see if they've got good balance. Third, are they quick and lght on their feet? Lastly, I'd like to see a better than average reach, but that's not a deal breaker. All of the other aspects you can teach.

Best of luck to him!
This is a very fair and reasonable take from a very fair and reasonable poster.

It’s a red flag, they suck

I think you underestimate how bad depth was. Our depth was guys like Reed, Seymore, Traore, Hillery. Bad bad bad. Denis and Logan weren't any earth shattering guys but they knew Mario's culture and he knew they would be lockeroom guys plus capable bodies in camp. That's all they were brought in for. They served their purpose and I thank them for their service. lol

Advertisement
There's going to be plenty of misses on O-line. Correct me if im wrong but Sewell is the only NFL player Mirabal has ever developed outside of practice squad level guys. His offensive lines have been solid, and he needs more time in P5 programs to see what type of NFL talent he churns out, but it still remains to be seen if he's an OL evaluation savant.

Last edited:
Then he’s a terrible decision maker. You don’t bring guys who aren’t good to your new team.

Their portal evals overall aren’t great either.
You do if they're better than the ones they're replacing.

It's more a statement of the state of the roster when he got here. And it's been that way for some time.

Didn't Richt say when he first got here, "Where are all the big guys"?

Let me ask, how much do evals even matter anymore? If you miss and a kid just isn't Miami-caliber, you can jettison him at the end of the year and run 'em off into the portal. It doesn't mean you take bad prospects but the portal has made it affordable to take a one-year flyer on a guy or 2 to see if he can be a player or not.

Advertisement
You do if they're better than the ones they're replacing.

It's more a statement of the state of the roster when he got here. And it's been that way for some time.

Didn't Richt say when he first got here, "Where are all the big guys"?
No you don’t. If you know they suck, you look for other guys.

I recall Richt saying “where’s all the speed?”

Advertisement
Back