OL Takaylen Muex commits to Miami

View as article
Advertisement
I'll always be fine with a physically massive OL take who's a bit under the radar. We've been burnt for years with guys who are like 6'5" 260 lb projects. I'm also apt to trust the Mario/Mirabal duo who've been cranking out dominant OLines for a number of years now. I can't really count the desperation portal takes against them. They are a product of former staff's failures.

Advertisement
Hope the kid balls out and exceeds expectations but the worst part about this is every time we get a commitment from a low ranked OL, we will have to hear “Anez Cooper vibes”.

View attachment 289731

Which is weird, b/c by the time Cooper committed to us, he was a composite 3* & was also listed at 6’6 350. Just not sure why there’s a comparison in this case b/c it’s apples & oranges. Hopefully he supersedes his current N/A status. He looks to have the prerequisite size to play C (pause).

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I don't mind jumping on this guy early. Now if he has a mediocre senior year and doesn't show the right development, he'll get dropped. But if he starts burying dudes and everyone starts offering, we already established a relationship early, plus have the NIL to compete.

We said the same thing about Lamar Williams. OL evals are hit or miss and a bunch of low rated kids end up very good to great but like Lamar this is an uninspiring take.
We said the same about Williams and boom he's dropped said the same about Nino, Juan, and Tripp also

Advertisement
Back