NIL Contracts

NaplesCane

Portal transfer
Premium
Should these NIL Contracts specify that the player needs to play in the bowl game and if not the contact is null and void and the money needs to be repaid. They are getting paid now. If I’m paying for these athletes to promote my business then I want all the exposure i can get. This goes for the school exposure also.

Advertisement
Should these NIL Contracts specify that the player needs to play in the bowl game and if not the contact is null and void and the money needs to be repaid. They are getting paid now. If I’m paying for these athletes to promote my business then I want all the exposure i can get.
Well. Most opt outs are for NFL so does it matter?

I would imagine if enters Portal then contract over.

Should these NIL Contracts specify that the player needs to play in the bowl game and if not the contact is null and void and the money needs to be repaid. They are getting paid now. If I’m paying for these athletes to promote my business then I want all the exposure i can get.
The pro-NIL crowd will claim that it's not "pay for play", but sponsorship deals in the real world certainly have requirements. That could be part of it moving forward.

Well. Most opt outs are for NFL so does it matter?

I would imagine if enters Portal then contract over.
Why can’t you hold them accountable to play in the bowl game also. If you want to opt out then you can return the money. This is a business now.

Advertisement
Understandable but most know that certain guys headed to NFL anyways after season

Right, but that has always been true and guys still played in bowl games, especially NY6-type bowl games. Fans still have the right to expect their paid players to show up one last time.

Why can’t you hold them accountable to play in the bowl game also. If you want to opt out then you can return the money. This is a business now.
I’m not privy to NIL contracts but health of student athlete going 1st round in NFL Draft is what they played most their lives for over some Bowl game

With new CFP next season, will be interesting what happens for those games

Right, but that has always been true and guys still played in bowl games, especially NY6-type bowl games. Fans still have the right to expect their paid players to show up one last time.
Again understand but imagine if Kam or JW played and had serious injury?

Advertisement
I mean, if we're saying that "meaningless games" get players off the hook, what's going to stop them from opting out as soon as they feel like it at any point during the season?

They are paid now. It's a game changer. If you want to give your NIL money back and go get ready for the NFL, have at it.

Really would like to know if contract applies to bowl games?

I think that's what we're asking. The collective or the business has the leverage. Couldn't they add it to their terms? If you're healthy, you play. We're trying to make a return on our sponsorships, and you being on the field is part of that.

Advertisement
I mean, if we're saying that "meaningless games" get players off the hook, what's going to stop them from opting out as soon as they feel like it at any point during the season?

They are paid now. It's a game changer. If you want to give your NIL money back and go get ready for the NFL, have at it.
Then the contract be over. Are you thinking it’s all paid upfront? Only experience I have with them is he received weekly dinner and monthly gift cards to the place.

Advertisement
IMO the future of NIL contracts should be game checks, with some sort of insurance policy for injuries tied in.

Should honestly mirror pro contracts in most aspects. Signing bonus, guaranteed amount, etc. You get suspended and miss a game, no game check.

With the 12 team playoff next year, all other bowl games will be meaningless

But to answer the question, I believe nil contracts should be structured that if you are healthy you play

System is a mess right now, but not sure even contractually how you might force a player to play. Ok, so he doesn’t get his last payment, big deal as headed to the NFL or a sweeter NIL. What if he claims an injury or simply a pain in ***?

Advertisement
Back