New ACC TV deal with CW

Advertisement
It’ll be interesting to see who picks them up down here. The three highest powered English stations that aren’t affiliated with the big four and PBS are either owned by Scripps (35 and 39), who they’re breaking up with, or Paramount (33) which switched all its CW stations to independent last year. That leaves them with moving to a low powered Spanish language station (8, 22, etc) or becoming a digital subchannel of 7 or 10 like MeTV. I’d guess they go the subchannel route.
directv stream hasn't had CW for the longest time in miami. ive had to illegal stream the games when were on there.

directv stream hasn't had CW for the longest time in miami. ive had to illegal stream the games when were on there.
CW is very hit or miss on the streaming bundles. I’d guess this change will cause me to lose it on YouTube TV wherever it ends up.

I was playing around with my indoor antenna over the weekend to make sure I get decent reception on all the places it could end up.

Advertisement
CW is very hit or miss on the streaming bundles. I’d guess this change will cause me to lose it on YouTube TV wherever it ends up.

I was playing around with my indoor antenna over the weekend to make sure I get decent reception on all the places it could end up.
if you got channel 39, youre losing it. its basically gone from the miami market unless another one of scripps or next star type companies picks it up to air locally

I’ve got YouTube tv and it has the CW

if you got channel 39, youre losing it. its basically gone from the miami market unless another one of scripps or next star type companies picks it up to air locally
I’m sure someone will pick it, but as I said in my earlier post, it will likely end up on a low powered station or as a 10.2 or 7.2 digital subchannel. I just doubt YouTube TV will pick up whatever station that is. Thank goodness for decent antenna reception.**knocks wood**

From the original story:
“We have interest from other station groups in the five remaining markets and expect to make announcements about those affiliations soon,” the statement said. “We are prepared for this transition and confident that The CW will continue to reach 100% of US television households without interruption.”

Last edited:
I’ve got YouTube tv and it has the CW
If you’re in Miami that could change when CW leaves Channel 39 in the fall. YouTube TV picks up CW on a market by market affiliate basis. They don’t have agreements for live CW in all markets, including some big markets until recently. It would be a matter of reaching an agreement with the owner of the new station (whatever that will end up being) to carry it from September onward.

Last edited:
Advertisement
It’ll be interesting to see who picks them up down here. The three highest powered English stations that aren’t affiliated with the big four and PBS are either owned by Scripps (35 and 39), who they’re breaking up with, or Paramount (33) which switched all its CW stations to independent last year. That leaves them with moving to a low powered Spanish language station (8, 22, etc) or becoming a digital subchannel of 7 or 10 like MeTV. I’d guess they go the subchannel route.
Nexstar doesn't have a Miami affiliate, I thought they were going to buy WSFL from Scripps (who's bleeding money) to turn it into a Miami KTLA like they're trying to do in D.C.

Plan is probably to kill the Scripps stations in these markets with no content then buy them out cheap bc Scripps is dying then put CW back on those stations once Nexstar owns them

Someone actually believed these two schlubs should have their own TV show

5d5ef31f1703c-image.jpg
Don't hate on FUPAcker and Durhambone

Advertisement
Nexstar doesn't have a Miami affiliate, I thought they were going to buy WSFL from Scripps (who's bleeding money) to turn it into a Miami KTLA like they're trying to do in D.C.

Plan is probably to kill the Scripps stations in these markets with no content then buy them out cheap bc Scripps is dying then put CW back on those stations once Nexstar owns them
Nexstar can’t buy anything until their situation with WPIX is resolved one way or the other.

Advertisement
If you’re in Miami that could change when CW leaves Channel 39 in the fall. YouTube TV picks up CW on a market by market affiliate basis. They don’t have agreements for live CW in all markets, including some big markets until recently. It would be a matter of reaching an agreement with the owner of the new station (whatever that will end up being) to carry it from September onward.
I live in Illinois and I know my local channels are based upon the quad cities in Iowa for some reason

nexstar had their own issues with CW

Get ready to watch some football and basketball games on the CW this year.

Thirteen ACC football games will air Saturdays on the CW, which will broadcast 28 ACC men's and women's basketball games throughout December, January and February. The ACC will have men's basketball doubleheaders on the CW every Saturday, and women's basketball doubleheaders on Sunday afternoons.
I have been watching ACC games on CW for the last few years at least.

Advertisement
Back