Miami's D

I got a fact for you OP. The simple fact that an opposing fan spent that much time defending Alfred means you hope he stays. Translation: You know he ain't cutting it too! Same reason I hope Muschomp stays at UF.

Advertisement
I like how you left out 2011-

Yards per play:
2011 - 5.5
2014 - 4.46
18.9% decrease

Scoring defense:
2011 - 20.1
2014 - 24.4
21.39% increase

Rushing Defense
2011 - 161.9
2014 - 151
6.73% decrease

Passing Defense
2011 - 198.0
2014 - 175
11.62% decrease

hint: Scoring Defense is really the one that counts.

No where near the numbers you portray. And, we still have to play VT, UNC, FSU, Viginia, and Pitt. In 2011 did Dorito use his skeem? or did he not fully implement his defense?

Golden is vs -
VT 1-2
UNC 2-1
FSU 0-3
Virginia 1-2
Pitt 1-0
5-8 vs those teams or 4-8 if you remove Pitt. Want to guess which way all those numbers go in the next few weeks?

Opposing team fans are so desperate to keep Folden in place that they're spending time doctoring stats. LULZ at these UM shills and fsu fans.

Our defensive stats looked way up last year at this juncture too. Let the season finish out. We will end up a little better on d this year because of increased talent alone, but we still suck.

Advertisement
Lol improvement my ***. Not because you improve from atrocious to terrible doesn't make it acceptable. Who's fault is it that they have to play true Freshmen? Yeah that didn't just happen out of thin air. Get Golden's ******* out of your mouth

Stats are great. They are useful when folks are trying to justify the lack of what I would consider the most important stat - wins... Stats are void of context and when carefully selected paint a picture of, "It ain't so bad..." When in reality, we really are that bad.

Advertisement
I see your fan base are acting like petulant kids flying banners and not showing any support for your team. I see the focus seems to be on your D. Do you not see any improvement?

If you're not even a Miami fan, then why take the time to come here and write such a s*****, uninformed porst unless you're either a shill or a troll?

Miami's defense showing improvement compared to the past couple years means absolutely nothing because those were two of the worst defenses in the history of the program. That's not the measuring stick.

Miami's total defense in 2012 - 120th
Miami's total defense in 2013 - 90th

Any administration that's even remotely serious about their football program would've taken swift action and heads would've rolled. Instead, we still have a staff in place that gave up a combined 661 rushing yards and 16-of-24 third-down conversions to one-dimensional running attacks from Nebraska and Georgia Tech. Anyone who watched those games knows that's far more indicative of our defense's lack of progress than how they performed against the FAMUs and Arkansas State's of the world, which inflated our current yards per play and total defense rankings.

Bend and break, but pray the offense makes a mistake is the philosophy of these coaches. At Miami, where they have access to the most fertile recruiting ground in the entire country. The results are unacceptable. The stats will only get worse after we play UNC, FSU, etc. Our highly-rated talent is being wasted. Our staff coaches scared and passive, which trickles down to the players. Many local recruits have zero interest in playing in this defense (i.e. Tim Irvin). Sweeping changes are necessary and anyone who disagrees is blind, trolling, or a fan of a rival fan base who wants this s***show to continue.

that is part of the con that these guys have done, lower the bar soo gawd dam low that when we still just get back to mediocre they will consider it a positive. Coaches have been fired here for #30+ ranked defenses, now it is celebrated. Why? Because same coach bought mindset of 100 ranked defense to Coral Gables. Show 10 years prior to Golden defense and then stack it up. I hate what these guys have done to a once proud unit. We now play afraid defense and hope other team messes up before getting a score. Disgraceful

Statistics and categorical rankings are bull****. Has the defense improved? Yeah, but that's like saying is Rosie O'Donnell any thinner?

Fact is, the D doesn't pass the eye test. Can't get bludgeoned by one-dimensional Nebraska and not be better prepared or make in-game adjustments. Can't line up 4 or 5 defenders 5 yards deep in the end zone in a goal situation against Georgia Tech.

Advertisement
give me stats on wins and losses. Nothing else matters. If UM is 1st on total D and still loses 3 or 4 games a year, we should can the coach. The only stat that matters is W's.

Are you okay with being 4-3? You think the top ranked teams are looking at the schedule and complaining about upcoming opponents? This attitude of being fine with mediocre is bull****. Chances are we end the season with a losing record and that is not okay. When we were winning NC's our practices were harder than the actual games. There is no point in living in the past, but do you not want to win again? The talent is there, but the coaching is laughing it's way to the bank.

Haha at comparing it to 2012 and 2013, to inept defenses that Golden created.

Compare it to 2009, 2010 under another terrible HC

Advertisement
They haven't even managed to crack Randy lowest ranked defense and they are touting improvement. Don't mind the rivals, they hope to see us stuck with the loser as well. We need to start making threads in support of Muschamp. At least he played in a BCS bowls and beat good teams like FSU. Funny he is as good as done and we are stuck with a fat loser

I see your fan base are acting like petulant kids flying banners and not showing any support for your team. I see the focus seems to be on your D. Do you not see any improvement?

Yards Per Play
2012 - 6.11 (last in ACC)
2013 - 5.75
2014 - 4.46.
You have improved 22% since 2012

Scoring Defense
2012 - 30.5
2013 - 26.8
2014 - 24.4
You have improved 21% since 2012

Rushing Defense
2012 - 218 yards per game
2013 - 177
2014 - 151
You have improved 31% since 2012

Passing Defense
2012 - 268 yards per game (last in ACC)
2013 - 249
2014 - 175 (second in ACC)
You have improved 35% since 2012

Recruiting
2011 - 36
2012 - 9 (class of 33)
2013 - 20
2014 - 12
2015 - 14
2016 - 1

Clearly improving. I think 2012 at 9 is deceiving as it was 33 in total and I think about 1/2 are gone. 2014 teams are made up largely of players from 2011-2013. You can not count on true freshman as you currently are. In other words, I think you should be VERY critical of Golden but perhaps you are going a bit far.

hey left ******** meet right ******** CanE 4 negged the both you genius

any statistical analysis should not include games vs. inferior opponents (bethune ookman, FAMU, etc...although I sem to remember our defense getting shredded by bethune last yr or yr before)

without even looking, I know the FACTS would illustrate that golden:

-Has a **** poor record against quality opposition

-Allowed a **** ton of yards versus quality opposition

-Has gotten beaten by 10+ points in more than half of his games versus quality opposition

my definition of 'quality opposition' would be teams ranked in the top 35 or top 40...take your pick. nobody cares what golden or dorito manage against mediocre or inferior talent teams. ****, they havent even been able to consistently perform against lesser teams...but the reason people want him out is that he has never shown an ability to rise to the occasion.

Advertisement
Back