Miami Vs UF

Advertisement
Many of you make up your mind about a coach earlier than I do. I usually wait for the 3rd season, then make a judgement. This is based on winning games that must be won in that season. This is a must win for Mario. A loss here, to me, means that he will never win here. This is about as big a game as it gets for the Hurricanes in '24.

I think I can settle this. UF fans leave in droves during halftime every game to smoke meth and butt chug Busch Lights.
This was a weekly occurrence at West Virginia games for years. It was only recently that they stopped letting fans out at halftime to drink more and then come back in.

Advertisement
I hope Dawson and Mario don't try to run straight at Florida. Florida does have size on the dine.
UF had the 79th ranked Rush D last year.

Against Mizzu lat year they gave up 148 yards rushing to their starting RB on 6.4 yards a carry.
Against LSU they gave up 234 yards rushing to Daniels. I know he's a QB but jeez. LOL
Against Ark. they gave up 226 yards rushing.
Against Kentucky they gave up 329 yards rushing. 280 yards of those to Kentucky starting RB.

They are not a good D.

Against Mizzu lat year they gave up 148 yards rushing to their starting RB on 6.4 yards a carry.
Against LSU they gave up 234 yards rushing to Daniels. I know he's a QB but jeez. LOL
Against Kentucky they gave up 329 yards rushing. 280 yards of those to Kentucky starting RB.

They are not a good D.

Not sure if they've upgraded over the offseason. But their OL didn't protect Mertz well at all, either.

Not sure if they've upgraded over the offseason. But their OL didn't protect Mertz well at all, either.
They did not upgrade on the DL whatsoever. Same DTs coming back and the Penn transfer. Their edges are going to be abysmal if they don’t make a move in the spring portal.

I hope Zach Carpenter can anchor this OL with his added size from Matt Lee - would love that interior to be more physical than last year.

Advertisement
We give Turds the beatdown they deserve and they'll have an interim coach Week 2 against Samford

Do It Episode 3 GIF by Star Wars

They did not upgrade on the DL whatsoever. Same DTs coming back and the Penn transfer. Their edges are going to be abysmal if they don’t make a move in the spring portal.

I hope Zach Carpenter can anchor this OL with his added size from Matt Lee - would love that interior to be more physical than last year.

Nope not really from what I’ve seen. I think their OL will be awful.

So both DL and OL will be porous. Mertz, while he has some gaudy numbers, is limited. I like our chances.

Advertisement

They are not a good D.
Ehh, every year is different

Advertisement

Don’t Expect Carpenter to be Matt Lee. I think we down graded here

Advertisement
Back