MIAMI VS. GA TECH 10/7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe the worst game I've ever seen.

Refs absolutely screwed us: Several suspect calls. Last fumble was clearly down. Bad call on Flagg with the unsportsmalike conduct. Bad holding call on the TD. A holding called on a punt that went out of bounds and was unreturnable. A missed PI on Colbie Young. Missed holding calls on our d-linemen. Probably other calls I'm forgetting. Think the refs absolutely need to be investigated. Game shouldn't have been close, officials defintely played a hand,

Poor play by TVD and the offense: TVD totally lost and unprepared mentally for this game. Offense seemed laicsidaisical and a shell of what we saw earlier in the season. We show up like this again and it'll be another L.

And of course, THE WORST COACHING ERROR IN THE HISTORY OF MIAMI FOOTBALL: I I would say college history but apparently it happened to Mario before at Oregon. WIth everything that went against us, just kneel the ball, take the W and get out of this game. Idk how we recover from this. Mario will have to own up and take the blame and hope this team can stay focused and locked in, but this is the type of mistake that ends a season (maybe worse).

Man absolutely embarrasing.

Advertisement
Friend...the players and coaches absolutely made errors...no doubt...however...both teams have an expectations of competent and fair officiating, and if not competent, at least fair.

Our Canes did not receive fair officiating from start to finish.

I absolutely believe if the game film if reviewed by an auditorium filled with your peers, the overwhelming conclusion will be made that the assigned crew made errors, not attributed to incompetence, but deliberately to bias and malice towards or Canes throughout the contest.
I agree. But both of you guys are correct. Yes! We we're screwed over by the refs... all night long. And with that being said.....

Friend...the players and coaches absolutely made errors...no doubt...however...both teams have an expectations of competent and fair officiating, and if not competent, at least fair.

I absolutely believe if the game film if reviewed by an auditorium filled with your peers, the overwhelming conclusion will be made that the assigned crew made errors, not attributed to incompetence, but deliberately to bias and malice towards or Canes throughout the contest.
The officials receive a grade F for tonight’s contest. I agree with you, and what’s crazy - one of those officials I was just in a basketball clinic with THIS WEEK. Thankfully he had a solid game, even though, due to the unwritten code, we wouldn’t discuss the crew’s calls.

My point is that Mario still screwed the team and every person that supports UM. This is a dark day for UM football and it was completely avoidable. Yes, the officials and ACC reviewing the Chaney fumble blew the call by failing to DO THEIR JOB. But Mario placed us in the hands of the biased ACC in the first place so again….it all goes back to him.

Next Saturday can’t get here soon enough….UM nation is hurting and we’re all trying to process it and make sense of it.

Maybe the worst game I've ever seen.

Refs absolutely screwed us: Several suspect calls. Last fumble was clearly down. Bad call on Flagg with the unsportsmalike conduct. Bad holding call on the TD. A holding called on a punt that went out of bounds and was unreturnable. A missed PI on Colbie Young. Missed holding calls on our d-linemen. Probably other calls I'm forgetting. Think the refs absolutely need to be investigated. Game shouldn't have been close, officials defintely played a hand,

Poor play by TVD and the offense: TVD totally lost and unprepared mentally for this game. Offense seemed laicsidaisical and a shell of what we saw earlier in the season. We show up like this again and it'll be another L.

And of course, THE WORST COACHING ERROR IN THE HISTORY OF MIAMI FOOTBALL: I I would say college history but apparently it happened to Mario before at Oregon. WIth everything that went against us, just kneel the ball, take the W and get out of this game. Idk how we recover from this. Mario will have to own up and take the blame and hope this team can stay focused and locked in, but this is the type of mistake that ends a season (maybe worse).

Man absolutely embarrasing.
The whole game plan was poorly conceived…everything

Advertisement
In just 17 games into his UM career Mario has given us

1) blowout loss to G5
2) 42 point loss at home to FSU
3) GT

With all due respect, that’s just another excuse and a bad one at that. Yes the officials were not for us but after fighting back and taking the lead and basically having the game wrapped up and they chose to not kneel and escape with the win is fockin stupid. How embarrassing 🫣! Especially with that POS DJ starting the Hey hey hey goodbye song. I felt so focking nauseous when that **** started. And after the fumble I got up and left because I knew we’d lose. This was so demoralizing and I hope they can regroup and win next week and salvage the season. But in all honesty we deserved to lose! No adjustments, TVD is blind as a bat, receivers dropping balls….. Fock !!!!! What a **** of a Corching job all around 👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾

With all due respect, that’s just another excuse and a bad one at that. Yes the officials were not for us but after fighting back and taking the lead and basically having the game wrapped up and they chose to not kneel and escape with the win is fockin stupid. How embarrassing 🫣! Especially with that POS DJ starting the Hey hey hey goodbye song. I felt so focking nauseous when that **** started. And after the fumble I got up and left because I knew we’d lose. This was so demoralizing and I hope they can regroup and win next week and salvage the season. But in all honesty we deserved to lose! No adjustments, TVD is blind as a bat, receivers dropping balls….. Fock !!!!! What a **** of a Corching job all around 👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾
I'm not excusing the mistakes the players and Coaches made. That is on them 100%.

However, both teams have an expectation, a demand, of consistent referee performance. Our Canes are not getting that in the ACC and it's demonstrable on film, not speculative, it's provable in an unemotional and anlytical way.

That is unfair towards Miami's players and the University. What can be done? Very little I suppose, but we need to accept the reality that Miami is going to face significant referee headwinds in every single close ACC contest. To be honest, it makes them essentially unwinnable without absolute perfect play, and even at this point I'm no longer convinced.

This isn't coping, it is reality.

who else thinks Mario should be suspended for UNC game?

he is so stubborn

he threw Dawson under the bus in his post game comments

Advertisement
I'm not excusing the mistakes the players and Coaches made. That is on them 100%.

However, both teams have an expectation, a demand, of consistent referee performance. Our Canes are not getting that in the ACC and it's demonstrable on film, not speculative, it's provable in an unemotional and anlytical way.

That is unfair towards Miami's players and the University. What can be done? Very little I suppose, but we need to accept the reality that Miami is going to face significant referee headwinds in every single close ACC contest. To be honest, it makes them essentially unwinnable without absolute perfect play, and even at this point I'm no longer convinced.

This isn't coping, it is reality.
I totally agree with you brother. But GOTTDAMMIT I’m too fockin hurt to give that idea a spin in my head right now because we had the game won and gave it away. 😖 It was a long drive back up to West Palm.

While certainly mistakes were made, refs blatantly stole this game from Miami.

Appears very intentional.

Refs Refs Refs. Whine whine whine. In every single football game on every single Saturday, calls are made by refs that are right, that are wrong, and that are questionable. Refs don’t “steal” games and don’t “blatantly” give a hoot about whether Miami wins or loses. Miami will get some calls in its favor it should not have. Calls won’t be made that should have been that work to Miami’s favor. And some will go the other direction. That’s just the way it goes, and once a call is made, the rule prevents overturning it unless there is indisputable video evidence to overturn the call. That’s a high threshhold.

The game didn’t turn on a bad call. It turned on poor coaching, loss of ball control, allowing a team that should never have been in this game keep it close, and, finally, allowing a receiver to break away for a touchdown pass/reception Miami knew was coming. Miami was out-coached and just beaten. The game was NOT “stolen” by the refs.

Refs Refs Refs. Whine whine whine. In every single football game on every single Saturday, calls are made by refs that are right, that are wrong, and that are questionable. Refs don’t “steal” games and don’t “blatantly” give a hoot about whether Miami wins or loses. Miami will get some calls in its favor it should not have. Calls won’t be made that should have been that work to Miami’s favor. And some will go the other direction. That’s just the way it goes, and once a call is made, the rule prevents overturning it unless there is indisputable video evidence to overturn the call. That’s a high threshhold.

The game didn’t turn on a bad call. It turned on poor coaching, loss of ball control, allowing a team that should never have been in this game keep it close, and, finally, allowing a receiver to break away for a touchdown pass/reception Miami knew was coming. Miami was out-coached and just beaten. The game was NOT “stolen” by the refs.
👆👆My fellow porsters, it appears the ACC Commish or ACC Dir of Officiating now has an account on CIS. Strong first porst here.

Welcome.

Miami's poor play and coaching didn't help, but no one with IQ above esparagus believes the referees called an unbiased contest.

Tim Donaghy says hi.

Are you familiar with the KTDT thread?

@RVACane @JeddTheFisch @JD08

Last edited:
Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back