CB- C+

Special Teams A+

Coaches
Cristobal- A
DawsonA-
Guidry-A+++

Great showing, Let’s Go CANES!

Advertisement
That's not the point....It should never have got to O/T......Should have let Emory throw it earlier. Kid can throw dimes....
You just don't get it. Let me explain. It is very unlikely your freshman QB is goong to drive the ball into field goal range with 22 seconds left.
It more likely that something bad would happen.

Also, even more importantly, Mario knew the pulse of the game. We had driven the ball on Clemson and stopped them on defense.

If you have no confidence to stop Clemson in OT, then you take the risk. The coach knew what he was doing.

Advertisement
Advertisement
As I saw in the game in Syracuse, this was a game I felt was winnable. Despite Mario's best efforts to make the fans stress unnecessarily.

Big ups to Corey Flagg who took a lot of slack.

Bain is a beast. Period.
[BGCOLOR=initial]Def MVP[/BGCOLOR]

Go Canes!

Advertisement
3 heroes -

Flagg, obviously, game clinching play
Bain, what a beast, will be a 1st round pick one day
Coordinators - if we had last year's coordinators, we get lit up 42-9.

Mario didn't take responsibility for that GT debacle as soon as I would have liked. But he did eventually. Mario had some bad coaches last year, but he fired two awful coordinators and brought in 2 great ones. He's showing that he can learn and adapt, and I can already see the new/improved culture taking hold.

All he has to do is recruit, let this staff do their thing, and get a laminated card that tells him what to do in situation & score and tuck it in his pants on gamedays. He's building a machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back